1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New tool... kind of...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gionni, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Gionni

Gionni Rookie

AC_RAF, Kyo, Baikal and 5 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Tools ACC Pit Tool Oct 4, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa in VR on OpenComposite and OpenXR Toolkit Dec 2, 2022
    ACC Tools AccSetupComparator - Webbased tool for viewing and comparing setups Aug 1, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Performance Toolkit Jan 19, 2022
    ACC Tools ACC Driver Ranking Tool (Hotlaps) Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting I do not have access to the Dedicated Server "tool" on Steam Jun 6, 2021
    ACC Tools ACC Server stats tool for the web Mar 17, 2021
    ACC Tools Telemetry and Race Strategy tool for ACC (Real-time and Offline) Feb 21, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Racing Sim Tools Enduro Series: Powered by RWB! Jan 3, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Racing Sim Tools 4Hr Endurance Series 1 Duo Teams 13/12/2020 Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione / Server Creation Tool / Guide / Simple and Easy Setup Oct 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC: Amazing Training Tool Jul 25, 2020

3. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

Simon says "finish it"!

Proody likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nice approach, finish it please.

5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

6. Gionni

Gionni Rookie

TY Mates! Really appreciated! Ok! In this week-end i'll do some improvement.
    TY also for suggestion i'll follow.
    So... here, soon: news 8)

o/ !

Nekrobob likes this.
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Do you know that RSR are shutting the rank down in March next year? See the rank thread here.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. Gionni

Gionni Rookie

Doh! No i was'nt aware about that... I'm really sorry, sure, for RSR itself and for the whole multiplayer experience of AC 8(

Dah... anyway... i've do a little of work for my page today... now it's a little better... tomorrow will be finished, This page should begin to work also without RSR (it works like a backup) but will loose the updates, sure... dah... really a bad news for all of us. TY!

9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

10. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

Simple statistics: rather than taking the best laptime of a car, take the average of all entries. There you'll have a more meaningful number to present.

11. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

While it is true that only grabbing the best time will not be a "statistically representative" number, grabbing all entries and averaging only applies if all entries are legitimate, otherwise they will throw off the average. There are plenty of laptimes where the laptimes are abysmally high (driver was a rookie or just enjoying the scenery :)). The correct procedure is to indeed grab all entries but then remove the outliers. How to identify outliers? That could be the tricky bit.

Grabbing the best time does involve some assumptions (e.g. all cars were put equal driving effort) but I reckon it's the easiest method and does give a fairly good representation of ranking.

Typer likes this.
  12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

13. Gionni

Gionni Rookie

Ok! TY all for suggestions 8)
    The page have now a better layout and the ability to highlight a choosen car.
    The idea about the average times is good, TY! Also if agree with OoAle about the more rapresentative best time for each car this should be a nice "parallel" tool... but will be really more complicated to create... ya, the work is possible, but thinking about the future of RSR... i give up 8(

MarcM likes this.
  14. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

It would be better not to create "parallel tool" due RSR is going to stop. IMHO- we just need best lap times in Pro times zone ( 26\37celsius, marked by letter "P" in RSR table) and taken from latest phisics (game) version (s) of AC :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  15. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

If you want a representative number, you have to control the other variables.

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What I do here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-time-ranking.22389/
    is to take the median value of the top 5% of times. That means you only include times from proficient drivers. Take a look at a that thread. It's where I automatically analyse and rank the cars based on RSR lap times.

17. nas404

nas404 Rookie

Hi Gionni,
    Nice work!

Do you know if it is possible to have an offline version? so that your website is still running as reference even if RSR is offline

Thnaks

18. This hotlapping stuff has nothing to do with my multiplayer experience of AC o_O

Anyway Thank You for your effort :)