1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Beginners guide to Assetto Corsa?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Beddall, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Beddall

Beddall Rookie

Hey,
    Is there a beginners guide or something similar for this game?
    I'm not looking for racing tips, or how to race or anything to do with the racing part, but more specifically where things are in the game etc.
    For instance, I see the game appears to rely a lot on modded / user content. Is there somewhere that tells me where I can get these, how to install them and get them working? for tracks and cars...
    What other types of modded content are there? or there offline championships or anything against AI racers?
    A guide to the different apps... or user created apps ..
    I bought the Sim through steam and although there seams to be an enormous wealth of content, it all seems to be hidden behind a wall of "knowing what you are looking for beforehand".. as a new player it's not intuitive as to where all this stuff is.
    example.. I was trying to set up a race with the AI yesterday and I could only choose from about 7 tracks... even though no filters were in place etc. if i used the tags to search by country there were more, but if i hadn't done that I would still think there are only 7 tracks.
    I hear The Content Manager mentioned a lot. is this something I need?
    I finally got my triple monitor setup working with AC... it really helps if they are all the same size.. and I was hoping to give it a good go over Christmas.... so any info , or directions.. or anything... would be very welcome :)

vegaguy 5555 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions How to gain good rep in ACC (Beginners Guide) Nov 2, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Setup Guide for Beginners May 9, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide Dec 25, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Beginners guide to triple monitor setup Sep 18, 2015
    General modding discussion How to create your own showroom video guide / for beginners Jan 31, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Career-beginners questions Oct 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Developer Minolin just posted playlist of his Tutorials for beginners in ACC (GERMAN language) Apr 16, 2019
    Suggestions Nord for beginners Apr 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Practice server for beginners? Apr 10, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Beginners question., what do DRS and cycle TC mean? Sep 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room League: seat leon beginners cup Feb 16, 2015
    Tracks modding Track building for beginners Jun 16, 2014
    Screens & Videos Zonda R - Monza Hot lap with tips for beginners Dec 18, 2013
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022

3. Enzo Martin

Enzo Martin Racer

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  4. Beginners guide to Assetto Corsa.....

1. Buy it
    2. Enjoy it

marcocale and LeSunTzu like this.
  5. patrod

patrod Simracer

Blamer likes this.
  6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

7. Install Content Manager before anything else. Learn how to navigate the functions in CM and don't even bother with the vanilla launcher ever again.

katikomer and isamu like this.
  8. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the forum.

9. isamu

isamu Racer

Does Content Manager allow you to install mods easier than the traditional copy and paste method. I still have a bunch of mods in .zip format and it's kinda a pain in the *** to unzip them, then go into each individual sub-folder and copy and paste over to the cars/tracks folder.

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

If you use WinRAR the last 8 or 10 folders you unpacked to will be in the drop down. Unless you are unpacking a lot of stuff your frequently used AC folders should be in there.

11. isamu

isamu Racer

Im using b1 archive. I can unpack zip files into seperate folders which is nice, and Im sure Winar can do the same. Does Winrar allow you to place subfolders from different zip files into one directory?

12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I had compatibility issue using WinRAR on racedepartment zipped files. I recommend using 7-zip.

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Im not sure Im afraid.

14. Turk

Turk Alien

I use racedepartment for mods, they don't have all the mods but it's a somewhat curated selection minus the shyte. A site every sim racer should have bookmarked.

Other than that I'd just ask here, someone will have an answer for you pretty quickly, it's much easier than searching for content.

15. isamu

isamu Racer

It appears Content Manager allows direct installation from assettocorsa.club, which is extremely convenient! Wish RD would implement such a feature.

16. isamu

isamu Racer

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Content Manager allows you to install mods on nearly one click by simply dragging and dropping the zip file into the CM Mods menu!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS TELL ME THIS!!!!!!!!!!

This needs to be a sticky!!!!!!!!!!! Why are people even suggesting unpacking and unzipping files when there is no need?!?!?!! Simply drag and drop them into CM and voila.....mod is installed!

17. André57

André57 Racer

I have create a folder on desktop that i use as a buffer and a short cut for Ac car and track folders so it is easy to drag and drop mod files in. this way is less anoying.

Hope it help a bit.

Sorry for my bad English. (I'm french canadian :))

18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

That sounds more difficult to me. You have to open CM and open your DL folder. I just open the .RAR from my browser download tab where it just finished downloading, press the drop down arrow and select car, track or main folder.

19. patrod

patrod Simracer

Because it's better to know what you are copying ! :) Just to avoid the files replacement that you don't want. Always check first the mod you're going to install.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  20. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I’d say AC “relies” on mod content much less than any other PC driving/racing sim I’ve used. For a new user there’s tons of official content available.

That’s not to say there aren’t some great mods available though, apps especially.

jim jones and MrDeap like this.
  21. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien