1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Difficulty of special events/achievments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Henkz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Just tried that combo, and that particular Challenge is so easy that it only took me 5 laps to earn the Gold (1:55.3xx) while using the default setup, and I am old and slow. Not sure that a vid of you using ninety degrees of rotation with no ffb really proves anything. (other than the obvious)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Can confirm that it's a very easy challenge compared to some of the others (managed to get gold on my outlap)...really bad one to use as an example for the difficulty of special events. If Mr. Deap wants to prove that his "no skill" theory is correct (which it isn't), he can try it with the Huracan at Laguna...

liakjim and nate like this.
  3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There are some very easy challenges floating around. I don’t remember the names of them but if you show me bad driving achieving gold in any of these then you will prove your point:

Porsche GT3RS on Nordschleife
    Carrera S at Imola
    488GT3 at Mugello
    Porsche RSR? (The gt2/GTE equivalent) at Silverstone
    R8 LMS at brands hatch.

sissydriver and mclarenf1papa like this.
  4. I thought the R8 LMS at Silverstone and the P1 at the Nurburgring were pretty easy as well.

edit: second read through and I see you were outlining those as difficult challenges...my bad

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Don’t remember the R8 at silverstone, the P1 on the ring was not very hard at all. I think the GT3RS on Nordschleife is a good challenge though

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Maybe it's possible. Although steering like that is a tiny bit slower, but help a lot to figure how to clear them. The only one I may try is the 488GT3 at Mugello, because I completed the rest. The GT3 RS on the Nordschleife I'm at 0.1sec off, because I want to clear it on default, but I know that changing the alignment makes the car vastly faster.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Not sure that kind of steering set up would work in VR, would be fairly dissorienting and certainly very immersion breaking. I race AC for the authenticity of it and do the challenges to help improve my performance for league racing. Not sure why anyone would want to try to cheat the times, nothing to be gained from it.

8. Berry

Berry Alien

The McLaren one is quite tricky on HR tyres, getting under 6:51 wasn't that easy for me :p.
    On the Nordschleife it comes down to how much track knowledge you have basically, it's not a track you can learn in an hour.
    @MrDeap I really don't get what you're trying to say, how is it not skill related? Just because you can get an easy achievement with a questionable driving technique, doesn't mean it can't be done better :).I did the RSR one on an outlap while drifting through 2 corners, and I still think it might cause trouble for some people due to how "fun" the car is to drive :p.
    These arguments of yours remind me of crazy conspiracy theorists, sorry.

Now the 488 at Mugello, I don't think that one is possible without setup adjustment, I'm .5s off and I have no idea what to do to the car to actually make it stable and fast.

9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Apologies, guys, but I am trying to read this thread through and I haven't understood the point of the discussion. If anyone wants to beat lap records using whatever trick, just go ahead. Sure you must be skilled at using that trick. Not sure why one would buy a racing sim to do that, but whatever floats your boat!

@MrDeap what is the trick you are talking about? Steering full lock?

So I buy Assetto Corsa then drive with a keyboard or using some trick, get the gold achievement and go brag about it with my friends? Sure, when I was 10 years old that might have been fun.

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The full lock is slower. It's just a trick to find the right steering & get the timing right.

The common tips that is utter misleading:
    -Slow in Fast out
    -Early on the accelerator
    -Don't trail brake because it's hard & too advanced
    ^^^
    Anyone claiming those tips is full of BS

As long as you keep deceleration force until your reach the apex & keep acceleration force after the apex, you get a decent lap time. If you end up slower than the full lock trick while having a decent racing line, it mean you're not pushing the car at all in the game. Most players got the timing right for the braking point, but they accelerate too early. It's pretty much... release the brake slower, lift off... wait till you reach the apex & accelerate.

When you watch onboard video, drivers are quick on the accelerator, but they keep decelerating, while most players make the mistake to add acceleration force before the apex. Instead of applying slowly the accelerator, you simply lift off & wait until you reach the apex to add acceleration.

[​IMG]

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Very terrible advise.
    Slow in fast out line is corner dependant, generally tight corners that have a long straight after. Last corner of Laguna Seca is a fine example, even lists it as that on the Laguna Seca track guide on the site (turn 11)
    http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/main/files/file-attachments/racing_lines_0.pdf

Of course you always want to be as early on the accelerator as possible as hard as possible without spinning tyres or pushing wide at the exit

Trail braking is hard to do properly, good pedals help.

13. Berry

Berry Alien

Trail braking is a bit too effective imho in AC, and it's very useful in some cars/tracks (Porsche 911 Carrera S + Imola for example).
    @MrDeap: Are you trying to tell us every single fast driving advice is useless? o_O
    I don't know, you might be onto something but do you have any proof of it? Comparison against the fastest guys, etc?

14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's probably the reason @Serge M you didn't got gold with the Carrera S at Imola. I'm missing 0.1sec to get gold with the Performante on Laguna Seca. :rolleyes:

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Have only given that one a few laps, not a fan of the car, too much power on understeer for me...

I have gold with the Performante at Laguna :)

sissydriver likes this.
  16. Berry

Berry Alien

@Serge M: Don't go too wild with front negative camber, keep it smooth and it will hook up nicely.I don't know why the front is so soft on the normal Carrera, but it does make it a bit more exciting to learn how to drive it.

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I believe it only has maybe half a degree negative on the front by default, max is maybe 1.5 so hard to go wild... lol. It’s just not my type of car, shouldn’t take too long to get though

18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Sorry @MrDeap I am having a hard time following your argument. Let me try to "translate" what you said and see if there is any logic to it:
    1. There is a trick you can use to understand if you're driving fast enough in AC, and that is going full lock while you take a corner.
    2. In your opinion this is only a little slower than driving normally.
    3. Learn how to drive using this trick. Then go and drive a lap not using the trick: if you are slower than the "full lock" lap, it means you are not fast enough.
    Is this what you mean? And what is the advantage of doing this exactly?
    As we are using a sim of course I have apps to see telemetry or just a simple delta app (I have the number in ptracker) to see if I am gaining or losing time.

Then you proceed to say:
    1. "slow in, fast out" is wrong.
    2. "get on the gas as early as possible" is wrong.
    3. "do not trail brake" is wrong.
    4. "You should not accelerate before the apex".
    Then you show a chart that is supposed to explain this. The chart shows a real lap compared to a sim lap. The sim lap is faster than the real lap. Ok, and? Why not comparing two real laps or two sim laps?
    And you are faster because you coast (or lift, "lift-off" means something else) before the apex? What about late apex corners? In those corners of course I start accelerating before the apex, because my "cornering" is done long before the apex and I am just using the shortest way to exit the corner. And of course I use "slow in, fast out" where needed, because before a long straight or an "S" the final exit speed is what matters. Also, some cars turn better when trail braking, other cars become unstable.
    What I mean is.. what makes you say this stuff? I think you should bring more solid proof because honestly it sounds a little bit odd.

Your tips leave me very confused. Maybe I haven't understood what you mean. Can you show us how that makes you faster? Your lap records? Videos?

My advice would be different: if you want to drive faster and more consistent get a decent wheel and set the FOV to a more realistic level, so you can evaluate the corner angle and lines better. It's a sim, so if you bring the view closer to reality all the driving starts to make sense. Then use a delta app to check in real time what you're doing wrong.

19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Since you got gold with the performance, show me a replay with the input.

I consistently lap with ~0.1 off(I usually run at 30L, because in my mind it's doable without playing with the fuel load). So far all my acceleration point is exactly at the red mark on the track, except at turns where there's a double apex. Sliding is faster on some corner, but I fail to see any point where I accelerate(with acceleration force) before that red point.
    [​IMG]

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Painful being soo close, don’t have the replay anymore sadly, only keeps so many. Time was a 1:26.993. Most of it was a good run through the left handed section after the corkscrew. Found it’s good to get it on power early and trust it to turn when it initially feels like it shouldn’t

One of my runs was a 1:27.002, pretty sure the neighbours heard me scream at it when that happened

sissydriver likes this.