1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

g920 brake - Xbox one

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by BobTheDog, Aug 26, 2016.

1. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Hi Guys,

I have a G920, the brake pedal is a nightmare to get full pressure.

Is there a setting in the game to set the range of the brake pedal?

Thanks

Andy

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problems with Logitech G920 and brake pedal Apr 3, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake problem with G920 on SX Feb 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G920 brake issue Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't adjust brakes - g920 Jul 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitec g920 xbox Problems with brake pedal Jun 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G920 Brakes Jun 23, 2020
    XBox One Discussions G920 Brake Jun 25, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G920 Brake Pedal Fix for ACC Jun 14, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions LOGITECH G920 *handbrake problem* Mar 2, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G920 brake limits Sep 12, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Brake peddle sudenly doesnt work and now gas and brake are both on the gas peddle. (Logitech G920) Jun 18, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g920 brake pedal - why no Calibration menu on console version? Jun 16, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues When i go to use my E-Handbrake in a G920 i have a break bias change Jun 2, 2017
    Console Lounge G29 / G920 Brake Pedal Mod Jan 12, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions G920 handbrake options? Sep 12, 2016

3. shinesevens

shinesevens Rookie

I'm having the exact same issue and the game is basically unplayable without the ability to calibrate the wheel properly. I never thought for a second that as a sim racer that wheel calibration would be missing entirely. You can calibrate the brakes in Forza and Project Cars but not this.

4. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

I took my 920 apart and took the rubber bit out of the brake, it was the only way to play the game!

5. shinesevens

shinesevens Rookie

I'm not so good with the tools but I might have to do this OR they could add in wheel calibration......

6. Z1100st

Z1100st Rookie

Remove the rubber in the pedal. Ask a friend. This is the best way.
    (Search for g920 break pedal fix, youtube video)

7. gregack

gregack Racer

My advice: Don't use the brake like an on/off-switch. Most of the time you don't need full pressure. Imo AC has the best brake-feel of all sims. Although something like brake gamma on PC would be nice.

Edit: Change the brake-bias more to the back (1-3%). The rear becomes more nervous, the car oversteers more into the corner, but your brake distance gets shorter and your front tyres don't lock up so easily.

8. memory1983

memory1983 Rookie

Happens to me the same, the truth is I am very disappointed. The game is not over.

9. boost555

boost555 Rookie

This is making me not buy the game.

2fabio2furious likes this.
  10. Take the rubber out, or better yet get the GTEYE spring set. Best thing I ever did. Feels totally natural.

11. Jamesgrainge

Jamesgrainge Gamer

This is the wheel manufacturers fault, NOT AC, take out the block and replace with the GTEYE/NIXIM Spring, fantastic feel in the pedal.

12. I Have g920 and it works ok with this game, it would be better being able to adjust the pressure tho like other games, another thread here said to depress brake pedal fully while the game is loading, this is what I do.

13. It is the games fault. E.g. Forza 6 has pedal range adjustment in which I set it at 1-27% (re-scales the pedal range of motion). Seemingly this game you cannot set it, nothing but problems with this game so far.

14. danyto82

danyto82 Rookie

In more than one year nothing is changed?!?!?
    The game continue to not have the possibility to configure the sensibility or the saturation of the pedals.

How it is possible?
    Everywhere the compatibility of the G920 with assetto corsa is showed as fully compatible!!!

ThoSte likes this.
  15. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

But in racecars it´s normal that you need to push the brake very hard to get 100% brakingpower. I know a example where someone tried the Audi TT Cup and in his first try he just had about 60-70% brakingpower because it´s so hard to brake. You really have to push yourself into the seat to get 100%. But on streetcars it´s not realistic that´s true ...

16. danyto82

danyto82 Rookie

Yes this is probably the truth. But the pedals of g920 is realised with different material that maybe cannot resist to continue hard pushing.
    Any other simulation has the possibility to choose the power needed to brake.

17. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

Yeah but usually 90% of brakepower are enough to stop the car in a very fast way.

18. danyto82

danyto82 Rookie

Yeah! But imho it’s very difficult reach the 90% with this pedals.
    Furthermore when I hard pushing my pedals I hear strange crunches from the brake pedals.

Do you hear them too?

19. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

No i don´t think so... but i have the wheel (G29) just 1-2 weeks.... and the pedals are out of metal so i think they are very robust. I´m really thinking about switching to T300RS ... i had the T150 and it was bad because it had a very hard damping effect you couldn´t delete... the G29 is really better but i think T300RS is better

20. Padster

Padster Rookie

I have managed to tame the braking with the G920. In the Options->Controls->Main Controls I reduced the Brake range percentage to 30%.

This % may not be suitable to everyone but it will certainly help those who find pressing the brake pedal being too strenuous. This % can be tweaked to suit your particular style.

I used the pedal app and did the % tweaking at Monza which allows a high speed run down from the pits to the first corner that requires heavy braking. The red bar in the pedal app was very useful to show your foot pressure. Getting the % right for you means going back and forth (between the settings page and the practice sessions) several times but it’s very worth it to get over the stiff brake pedal without resorting to removing the rubber insert and replacing it with a pretty expensive spring.

21. KuhBra

KuhBra Rookie

I don‘t see this Brake range percentage Option on XBox. Are you on PC Version?

MatrixWins likes this.