1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Thanks for a second patronizing response.

I am and was having two fantastic days, I simply disagree with the glib, fact-free nonsense point you were trying to make. It's a common argument which is as asinine, tired, and point-missingly sad now as it was when Clarkson was moaning about it in every Porsche review he ever did for Top Gear.

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

So you are like this always. Has to be a joy live together with you.

About the topic, your feeling of superiority and insults definetly convinced me.

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

You don't handle being disagreed with very well, do you? I haven't gone after you one single time. Just your argument. (Well, it's not yours. It's been around.) The only one being attacked personally here is me. ;)

Just out of curiosity, how exactly is automotive passion measured? Centimeters? Micrograms? Imperial Passion Units? Maybe it's more like a quotient, or a ratio - passion-to-weight? Passion-to-horsepower? Does it have anything to do with the cylinder bores? Does its fluid need checked at certain intervals?

Point is... you can't measure it because it's not a real thing. One man's cold, over-engineered car is another man's burning passion for exacting precision and craftsmanship. One man's joyless, computerized modern car is another man letting the car take care of the details so he can focus on the passion of engaging with the road. One man's cheaty aerodynamic package is another man's passionate pursuit of maximum G forces.

Not everybody finds manual transmissions or RWD or live axles or internal combustion engines to be the particular facet of cars that makes them interesting. Presenting such an argument as fact is arrogant, condescending, and insulting to anyone who happens to not share your opinion, or your personal definition of "passion."

Edit: The irony here is that we agree on cars - I prefer mechanical grip, manual transmission, no-assist cars too, nine times out of ten.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    BrandonW77, LChaves, Kristaps and 8 others like this.
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Dam this guy Charles is very offensive. Must be a joy to live with him <3

5. Sorry, but I disagree. What exactly is wrong with criticising the "must get the best lap ever at the Nordschleife" BS that every car maker and their dog seems to crave these days?

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I handle very well being disagreed. As a matter of fact, there is an example with this exact topic some messages back. And, as a matter of fact, I accept this can be quite subjective.

Funny you reproach me that kind of attitude when you are ridiculing other people's ideas, call those ideas bull****, asinine... and so on.

About the topic itself, Im not fancy of dicussing it. With mutual respect, must be very interesting discussion as it has plenty of room for different positions. With this kind of attitude?... Just no.

edit
    When I said "Im not sure you got the point" I mean it. I thought you understood I was criticizing the GT2 RS video because manufacturers use their machines to beat Nordschleife records (a matter of nuances, as this is not exactly what I'm against).

Guess the general ambient in this thread does not allow to difference a respectful comment from those that aren't.
    edit/

Say the guy calling idiot other people commets. :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  7. Nmoleiro

Nmoleiro Gamer

People, just chill out! It’s weekend, you might also enjoy assetto corsa if that suits you.

No pun intended.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

go to your rooms!

Kembro, mister dog, Kyo and 2 others like this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thats some fokin mad pro SJW/PC ridin' skills bro.

[​IMG]
    Pun intended, searched google like five minutes actually.

Some passion here, hopefully will do better than paying attention to people who looks for opportunities how to get offended, and then really offend other people:

Nmoleiro likes this.
  10. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

The internet.... you just gotta love it ;)

Maxidyne likes this.
  11. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

I have to say... It's such a damn sweet car to drive! Styling IMHO is controversial IMO and I don't like it too much but... it's sucha a blast to driver and ohhh... that engine noise!
    Aris could you tell us more about it?? In terms of how real the suspension setup is (is it fictional because not all concept cars can drive as we know...), damping, etc. Because it's so so great to drive!

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Dont know if they changed the exhaust again, but if not, the change they made for the 911 on LeMans worked insanely well. It screams the most of the GTE cars.

Epistolarius likes this.
  14. R3V3NG3 BR

R3V3NG3 BR Racer

OT over here
    But if AC2 (evoluzione) turn out to be coming one day can we have Fxxk evo? :D Can't miss that opportunity

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Wow, really nice footage. Is it possible that I can save this video, or at least a link, so that I can watch it again someday?

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I haven’t seen that before, where’s it from? I don’t do FB.

The cars are 1962 I think, as is the film of Bruce McLaren winning. The rest of the film isn’t from the race though, maybe a demo on the first evening, Wednesday? The track doesn’t look prepared for the race quite.

Also RIP Dan Gurney :(

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133892/obituary-dan-gurney-19312018

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Fat Rich and iannixxenakis like this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I saw it on Facebook:
    Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/GentlemenDriversASD/videos/1551139301644823/
    It appears the footage comes from the documentary Mediterranean Holiday / Flying Clipper (1962), which appears to be available as Blu-Ray - though as I haven't seen the film I can't tell if the voice-over is original (there's old footage on Youtube with sound but without the voice-over).
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196565/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_Holiday
    http://www.in70mm.com/news/2015/clipper/uk/index.htm
    http://www.in70mm.com/news/2017/clipper/uk/index.htm

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Steam just downloaded a 206MB update, am I behind somehow or something new? Fairly chunky

20. Ni-MH

Ni-MH Gamer

Me too, but the changelog.txt is not updated. It shows the 1.16.3 update.