1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fanatec : made in China ?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Solmyr, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Hi all !

Just unboxed my Clubsport v3 set pedals.

I was very surprised to read "Made in China" in big letters on the box. I thought, actually was pretty sure, that it was german manufactured.
    Not to be irrespectful towards Chinese people, of course, and still the CNC stuff looks great ! I hope it's high quality standart.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD Pro D Pad Feb 9, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Pedal issue Nov 7, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec DD2 problem, game keeps loosing settings Oct 25, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec settings after update. Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Advanced Paddle Module - Look Left/Right May 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Linux] Fanatec DD2 FFB behavior Feb 10, 2023
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec CSL DD Oct 26, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rumble Feature on ClubSport V3 Pedals (Fanatec) Oct 18, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec wheel buttons sending mouse clicks to game Oct 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 Sep 22, 2022

3. chakko

chakko Alien

"Engineered in Germany, made in China". ;) Manufacturing here is too expensive anyway.

jörgen wahlby, Schnipp and mms like this.
  4. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

IMHO, I don't think you should be that surprised. Even a casual look across YouTube alone yields a bevy of who exactly uses Fanatec's gear. From actual racing drivers to sim pros, the word is in: Fanatec gear is not only competitive but qualitative at the highest of levels. As others have stated, manufacturing costs and regulations are such that, were you to buy an actual German-made set of racing pedals, you would be out anywhere from €1,000 to €2,000 euros. Thomas Jackermeier went to China for the manufacturing of his products for one simple reason: so you could afford them.

I've talked with several sim businessmen from Germany and the USA, and the facts are shocking and saddening. The main problem is regulations, which cripple almost every aspect of production. Add to this that the Euro/US worker expects much higher compensation and you have the price-point I quoted. China has a phony international reputation of being a cheap exporter, but the real economic news suggests that, due to their high growth rate, lower regulations, standing with international banks, GDP, etc. are able to produce extremely quality goods, depending of course upon the scruples of the manufacturer, agreement, etc. You should be in no fear of something made in China...as chakko said, it is designed in Germany, a fact evidenced by the build quality, features, and finish. Having come from the first iteration of the Fanatec pedals, I can further state that Fanatec's product quality has increased in the last 5 years.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Main reason I dont buy any fanatec gear is they have quite a reputation of gear failing online with lots of customers and a fair number of friends I know that have had their gear.

6. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

So, I'll go further into this tomorrow but here are my first problems/disappointments :

1) The pedals' set clearly has a tendency to flip on the pitch axis : no good. Will I really have to attach a large wooden board or something ?

2) The clutch pedal mecanism goes beyond the backgroung of the set : so first time you wedge the pedals against a wall you can't reach max clutch course, (and then you add a naughty sound for your neighbours in addition). Now if you combine points 1) and 2) it's pretty bad together.

3) Gaz pedal looks too stiff to me. Even only that pedal can make the set almost start a flip (so heels' side tends to raise)

I was conscious and aware that I'd have to re-learn almost all my pedals use, was prepared for that, but I'm quite worried tonight after only 1 hour testing.

4) Probably the most worrying : I saw when calibrating the set that when I push the brake pedals, both clutch and gaz pedals are slightly and erratically triggered ! Something like 1-3% but hell, that's not what I was expecting when buying a near 400 euros pedals set... The drivers were updated, and manual calibrating has been done as last step. In the game the phenomenom can be tracked the same way.

A.K.Racing likes this.
  7. Orne

Orne Alien

Exactly! Leica anyone ???? Fantec would cost $5,000 if made in Germany, hahahha.

jaxx_za likes this.
  8. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Just a slight OT, I live in China (I'm Italian). When I went to buy my T500RS here in Beijing, the shop imported it from the US which of course made it even more expensive than the US price :rolleyes:.. and guess what, the product was made in China. Totally unfair to the Chinese I'd say, they are paid lower wages to manufacture the product, then they have to buy it at a higher price than abroad.

A.K.Racing and TK-PRO like this.
  9. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Not even to mention the ecological/environment questionable aspect....

A.K.Racing likes this.
  10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

today it doesnt matter where something is "made".o_O

a good friend of mine sells diesel injection nozzles. first he sells bosch and has a lot of problems. he found out that the bosch made in india gives him 30% complaint. other bosch nozzles <5%. he never knows what he buys. 30% is far too much.

he orders big numbers (>10.000 per comission(?)) - he finally found a manufacturer in italy - top quality, very good pricing.

another guy sells camshafts for older vw (>100.000) - best price/quality was from....india :p

A.K.Racing likes this.
  11. BMcK

BMcK Rookie

Fanatec set up owner here. No issues love the equipment. Sounds like you have not hard mounted the pedal set, I am not surprised at your issue. The forces these pedals operate with require a hard mounting option on a SIM rig.

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It doesn't really matter for many things where it's produced, what matters is quality control and price.

If you push the manufacturer to deliver at a too little price the quality can suffer.

High rate of failures/problems are more likely being caused by lack of QC or getting greedy by increasing profit margin through cheap purchase prices towards the supplier.

That being said, my CSL LC Elite pedals also tilt on braking, I've mounted the pedals on my old DIY pedal mount I used previously on my G25 pedals.
    Freestanding the might only work on very low LC settings.

Bigger issue were that both pots in the throttle and clutch started to spike/jitter after less than 3 month and a few weeks later both plastic mounts inside the pedal for the pots broke.

[​IMG]

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Of course they will pivot if they are just sitting on the floor. They are suppose to be mounted to a frame, while you can do it (and I do out of neccessity) they are not designed to just sit on the floor as the bake pedal load cell is suppose to take a bit of pressure. Mine are bolted to a large metal base plate, it’s actually the pedal mount plate from a sim experience motion rig and it’s prety large and heavy but it still pivots up sometimes. Really need a proper rig

14. TK-PRO

TK-PRO Rookie

This is also true of FANATEC

15. Alpinefd

Alpinefd Racer

Try to hire a worker in US who can solder properly , good luck ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing Gamer

Let's be here without any fanboys thing
    4 months ago got fanatic damper kit and what you think found leaking use this pedals few time with in this short period!bad quality !want to sell v3 and get Heusinkveld

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  17. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

How does a user voicing a positive opinion turn into a 'fanboy thing' ?
    I have a set of CSPv1's, which has to be the best bang for buck load-cell pedals available.
    Not everyone wants to fork out on Heusinkvelds, or has the space for a rig to mount the likes of Heusinkvelds.

18. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

No it's not . China is too Cheap and undermind the rest of the free worlds living standards, and corrupted many western businesses to take their business to china. While the people/workers in China are paid slave rates. If all countries put tarriffs on China then we would all be on a level playing field and Manufacturing would stay where it belongs. China used to be cheap , but now they have a monopoly on manufacturing now everything everywhere is reasonably expensive.

19. chakko

chakko Alien

You realize that you are actually criticizing globalisation, are you?

It happened before, BTW. Japan, for example. Now, they don't manufacture their stuff anymore either. It's a logical consequence anyway. It will happen to China as well.

Let's also not forget that, when we had the industrial boom, the conditions were similar to China now. China's economy 20 years ago still vastly consisted of agriculture. I'm sure the people there are happy that they don't have to work 100 hours a week for a complete ****, when they can work 60 hours per week now, for much more money. Otherwise they wouldn't flock into the mega cities as well. It's easy to view it all from our aspect. But, it's not very clever to do so. I don't know where you come from, but, China is definitely not comparable to Germany, where i'm from. Rather with the Germany 50 years ago. Decades of communism have left their mark. They're just uprising.

The Asians have a completely different mentality as well. Most of them are happy to work, and contribute to their country. Unlike us here.

jaxx_za likes this.
  20. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Globalization is for sheep who don't care if their country and culture of origin is destroyed by the 1% billionaire elitists pushing a false agenda of Heaven on Earth to the sheep in the Dark; when in reality they want open borders so they can control the slave wages and finally the world population. Wake up #Georgesoros Destroyer of Countries

21. baboon

baboon Alien

Hahahahaha

Wolf WolfZ and Schnipp like this.