1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic LaFerrari and LaFerrari FXXK Performance

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by j n21t4, Jan 19, 2018.

1. j n21t4

j n21t4 Rookie

I don’t know if people have noticed, but if you regularly drive the LaFerrari FXXK, you may noticed that Kunos have made it slower. And you may also notice that the LaFerrari is too quick if you also step into that.

On Monza, I used to have no trouble hitting a top speed of 205mph in the LaFerrari FXXK. There is also a video showing it was possible, which I will provide a link to after this point. In the LaFerrari, I can hit 204mph. Now though, I can only max 199mph in the LaFerrari FXXK and still hit 204mph in the LaFerrari. The LaFerrari FXXK also feels more understeery to me at times, and my lap times feel much slower, whereas they feel much faster than before with the LaFerrari.

Before, in the LaFerrari FXXK, I would be able to do 1:42 at best with 1:43 as a general or more consistent time. Now, I can only do a best of 1:44, with 1:45-1:47 being more consistent. With the LaFerrari, I’m also consistent with 1:47-1:48. I’m more comfortable driving the LaFerrari FXXK, so it shouldn’t be that close.

I also got the AI to do a race on Alien level (I’m a PS4 player), and the LaFerrari FXXK set a 1:43.695, while the LaFerrari set a 1:46.838. That’s only a difference of 3.2 seconds, when it should be 5+ seconds. Yes, Ferrari claim the LaFerrari FXXK is 5 seconds quicker than the LaFerrari on Fiorano, which is a much different track, but I can prove the quickness with three videos on the Fiorano mod, which I will go into detail about later.

The LaFerrari, on the other hand, is way too quick on a straight line in the game. There’s a channel testing acceleration of some cars in Assetto Corsa, (will provide link below) and the LaFerrari managed 0-186mph (0-300km/h) in 14.8 seconds and 0-200mph (0-322km/h) in 17.6 seconds. In reality, the LaFerrari has done 0-186mph (0-300km/h) in 17.5 seconds, but in game it’s basically already at 200mph. And also the Agera R, which is much quicker than the LaFerrari, does 0-186mph in 14.53 seconds and 0-200mph in 17.68 seconds in reality, indicating that the LaFerrari in game is too quick because it shouldn’t be able to post similar times as the Agera R.

Also, what I noticed was I remember the LaFerrari being quicker than a LaFerrari FXXK once they both hit gear 7. But now, the LaFerrari is quicker from just before they hit gear 6 (in the middle of gear 5).

And I also tested the P1 GTR on Monza, and it also has the same trap speeds of the LaFerrari FXXK, so maybe Kunos slowed it down for BoP? Because on any track, these two cannot be separated in terms of trap speed, they both literally have the same acceleration.

Finally, the hybrid system of the LaFerrari also recharges way too quick. And the best place to notice it is on the Monza 1966 Full Course. The LaFerrari can enter a braking zone and have full battery charge. The 918 Spyder, P1, P1 GTR and LaFerrari FXXK cannot recharge like that, they barely recharge it halfway. It is also quicker than both the LaFerrari FXXK and P1 GTR on that track.

Going back to Fiorano, which is different to Monza, the LaFerrari and LaFerrari FXXK are 5 seconds apart. And neither of these cars are mods in the game. But on the Fiorano mod, a YouTuber called Julio Cezar Kronbauer does hot laps for both, and the difference is 2.651 seconds, when it should be 5 seconds. Links below:

LaFerrari -
    LaFerrari FXXK -

(By the way, his videos are interesting. I suggest you check them out).

My conclusion is that the LaFerrari FXXK has been made slow, and the LaFerrari is way too quick. But that’s my take, what’s yours?

svenvangent likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports [SOUND] 599xx / LaFerrari Nov 19, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues LaFerrari seat seams and logo aren't showing May 26, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Rear Tires Clipping - LaFerrari May 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room The Ferrari 288 GTO is the LaFerrari of 1984 May 10, 2017
    Bug reports LaFerrari GFX glitches May 8, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari Laferrari Livery Apr 10, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues New Track Highlands + LaFerrari physics/aerodynamics Feb 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues LaFerrari KERS recovery Jan 8, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche 918 Spyder vs LaFerrari Nov 30, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues LaFerrari and 488 GTB tires Nov 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room LaFerrari vs P1 vs 918 Oct 27, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Xbox One controller Ferrari FXX K and LaFerrari Sep 5, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues McLaren P1 & LaFerrari top speeds Aug 9, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues LaFerrari headlamps and exhaust tips Jun 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues LaFerrari Tyres not heating up May 10, 2016

3. Fabioc8

Fabioc8 Racer

What tires are used in the LaFerrari lap? The more realistic time would be with hypercar road since the others almost have slick tires performances

4. j n21t4

j n21t4 Rookie

I leave a stock setup, I don’t touch anything but Fuel. I assume it’s the same with the AI.

5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Default setup has the 'unrealistic tires' (for the regular LaF)
    And yes Ai always use the fastest tire, and you can't change it :(

6. j n21t4

j n21t4 Rookie

Okay, so that’s the handling cleared up. But what about the straight line speed?

I also mentioned acceleration figures, and the LaFerrari accelerates like an Agera R.

And also the quick battery charge? If you take the 918 Spyder Weissach Package, P1, P1 GTR and LaFerrari FXXK on Monza 1966 Full Course, they can never regain even half the battery on most turns by lap 3. But the LaFerrari can consistently have a full battery charge by braking on the first corner. For the LaFerrari and P1 being really close in reality, the LaFerrari is much quicker on this game.