1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition Coming To Console

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Feb 14, 2018.

1. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition, to be launched on April the 20th for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One™ consoles, is the most complete package ever conceived for the critically acclaimed and ground breaking racing simulator.

Users will benefit from the combination of pure driving realism and pin-point accuracy together with every car and track to ever be released for the game, featuring, besides the latest and updated version of Assetto Corsa, the Prestige pack, the three Porsche Packs, the Red, the ReadyToRace and the Japanese Packs, plus the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLCs.

178 tailored to perfection cars are available to choose from, including special editions, reproduced in collaboration with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers, each one authentic and unique in both characteristics and handling – designed upon manufacturer’s real-life track data and telemetry. Including cars from Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lamborghini, McLaren, Praga, Corvette, Maserati, Lotus and more.

Using laser scanning technology to deliver the highest level of accuracy possible, Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition boasts 33 track configurations from sixteen circuits (including the legendary Spa Francorchamps, Nürburgring-Nordschleife, Laguna Seca and many others), alongside an advanced physics engine built using practical knowledge acquired from the elite of motorsport, including features and aspects of real cars never seen on any other racing simulator, such as tyre flat spots, heat cycles, including graining and blistering.

Players will enjoy a full suite of race modes in Single player or be able to compete with friends in online multiplayer challenges, even customizing the driving experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in the game, to match their personal racing style.

You can check out our trailer here...

Alexandr66, Ischemica and Stepy like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Tuesday at 10:25 AM
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023

3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

So what we feared for a year an a half is becoming true: the game will never be completely fixed and not even most of the PC features will come to consoles.

I hope Im wrong, but if it's true, sets a wonderful precedent for the next game.

iwanchek, ZX636, Alex1996 and 6 others like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well that’s some nice PR effort...
    Remember this is your community, not a mindless bunch.
    So another wording would have been more than appropriate.

5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

What is the difference between this version and the one we currently have?

6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Ultimate Edition, will the game save your quickest times, leaderboards, will the multiplayer have a host, will we be able to set up a lobby and not be controlled by a countdown timer.
    The physics/ffb is brilliant, best on console, on original Xbox/s the game still doesn’t run smooth and looks 4 years old. On Xbox x it runs smooth, but needs the graphics increasing, like most games on Xbox are getting enhanced patch.
    If your releasing the ultimate edition as the same game we have with the dlc on Xbox, I’m afraid to say you might get some angry customers.

7. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

It just comes with all the DLC, but will function the same. So whatever state the game is in when the Ultimate version releases, that is what it will be, just with all the DLC included.

The normal idea is to have the game sorted by the time a complete edition is released. They have some work to do.

Traks1, ppbucko and SlimCharles like this.
  8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Well.... Announcing this "complete editione" after the disaster of the 1.17 update ...

Missing things like the 12 special events, bop features, Logitech DOR bug not fixed, still bugs and typos to be fixed and reported a lot of times, still waiting missing options and features....

Is quite bad timing and feels like a good kick in the ***

pippo10, Traks1, ppbucko and 2 others like this.
  9. demonized

demonized Simracer

Cash grab at its finest.

iwanchek, SlimCharles and Traks1 like this.
  10. TTM

TTM Alien

Is any game nowadays completely fixed? Project Cars, Dirt series, Fifa etc??

11. ACorsa1

ACorsa1 Gamer

You guys are brutal.

You do understand console users have NEVER had access to a physics model this realistic before Assetto Corsa came along.

I understand the dismay in certain areas and the want for certain features, but take a look at what we have right now, nothing drives better on console. Drive it. Enjoy it.

Whatever the future will bring AC Comp, AC2, I'm sure many wants will be addressed including leaderboards and improved lobby mechanics.

Yes they have work to do, I have work to do, You have work to do everything is constantly improving it just takes time.
    The world is better now than it was one minute ago, don't scare Kunos off console with endless bickering.

paul_wev, BMcK, Odbball and 9 others like this.
  12. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

First off - I bought AC and every DLC they created for ps4. I have supported them and recommended them. It is true, they brought the best physics and FFB models to console to date.

And yes people are brutal, including myself sometimes but, you must understand the frustration from users. It is not really just about features there are core issues that for some make it unplayable. .. I was basically stating that they need to improve their current state of the game before they launch the Ultimate Edition, as you need to have people reporting positively when others ask if they should pick it up now. Otherwise the effort and cost to produce and sell this new edition will be times and money poorly spent.

We love AC on ps4.. but that is where the frustrations come from, G29 users can't catch a break with the wheel rotation issues, and the game is now crashing on people more than ever. Those kinds of issues make the best FFB and physics a moot point for many. If they would solve some of the core problems so people can enjoy the FFB & physics they provided it will be all good.

I believe they will fix it..

olevet likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Basically we have to accept that they treat us like **** just because AC has the best physics.

I dont share your view.

No.

Have those games such a huge amount of game breaking issues (like blue screen when getting many cars in some tracks, qualifying that gets stuck online forever, game wipes out all your progress... etc etc etc) not even at release but after one year an a half? No. Not by far. Not even PCars2.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

The usual "GOTY" edition with all DLC, what is the fuss. No different to Steam sale for DLC bundle, and making trailer for it. Yes bugs need to be fixed, but also for the base version. If you think game is too buggy, don't buy

And like ACorsa1 said, don't scare Kunos off... They might very well just say "You know what, f*** consoles" go back to their roots of being PC-only developer (where they've always been on cutting edge of industry, rare bugs and fast bug fixes) and then you're stuck again with your toy forzas and turismos until end of time....

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    BluuSpydeR, BMcK, Odbball and 8 others like this.
  15. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

And like ACorsa1 said, don't scare Kunos off... They might very well just say "You know what, f*** consoles" go back to their roots of being PC-only developer (where they've always been on cutting edge of industry, rare bugs and fast bug fixes) and then you're stuck again with your toy forzas and turismos until end of time....[/QUOTE]

No ones complaining about the fundamentals, you have just Sumed it up yourself. On pc rare bugs and fast fixes.
    On console we get really really really slow fixes and more bugs.
    Kunos need to throw the same resources at the consoles as the pc, we paid the same for the game so should receive the same service.

16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

First off, if a game it's buggy there is no way in hell you can know it or know how buggy it is without buying it. The companies have the obligation to release the game free of bugs or in a acceptable condition (incredible that this has to be clarified :rolleyes:).

Second, the game was released buggy. But what's more: it introduced much worse issues with every update. And in the last one, they are just simpy using the costumers as beta-testers.

There is nothing more dishonest than a PC user trying to defend the fiasco and using the argument of "if you like the physics of AC let that Kunos/505 treat you like a piece of garbage". Fanboys. There is no other word to describe the people trying to defend this and by using those arguments.

17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Talent is hard to come by. Their talent was and is on PC stuff. Console team is "hired guns" called in later I believe

But I'm sure they won't leave game breaking bugs unfixed. This ultimate edition was probably scheduled (by 505 games?) before they even knew latest update will be broken again

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  18. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

according to this thread
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...evelopment-conference-video-transcript.44497/
    first console port done in december 2014, with people that started working at kunos in the same year.

or, AT LEAST, work hard to fix it. Game was released in August 2016, there was plenty of time to fix stuff, add more pc features..even considering the technical challenges of the console interface.

SlimCharles likes this.
  19. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Good luck Kunos getting this game into a fit state for an "ultimate edition" by April 20th. Unfortunately my experiences with this game over the past 18 months tells me you will need it.

Up until Monday and the arrival of seven cars, one new track and a multiplication (not the addition of, it was already there) just how many times the game would crash per session, I had downgraded my expectations for the game to the PC cognoscenti view that it's all good purely because the driving physics/ffb are the best ever on console. I personally could not care less for the broken most useless toxic online gaming environment I have ever had to suffer or the many other game foibles reported elsewhere. The "driving" was the sole redeeming feature and something I promoted ad nauseam to my GTS playing friends. Until now.

I think if it was a horse the kindest thing to do would be to shoot it in it's present state, let alone release it as an "ultimate" edition. One is surely having a laugh.

The crashing bug has been in the game for quite some time for me although not nearly as prevalent as it is currently. My hopes for a permanent complete fix for just that one issue, since it has not been attended to before now, are regrettably not high.

Having said all this, I will still happily cough up for AC2 when/if it appears :p

pippo10 and Timm2012 like this.
  20. bodi

bodi Rookie

Will it be enhanced for Xbox One X?

21. Better buy a PC. ;)

LeDude83 likes this.