1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Any official word on modding, both for ACC and Kunos moving forward?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by garyjpaterson, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Great news on the new title, just looking for clarification on whether modding will be possible/supported for ACC, and if not (most likely due to licensing), will there be a possibility of mod support continuing into Kunos' future products?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Official word on distant rendering? Apr 6, 2016
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Create Public Server, or Class Specific Official Servers Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get official Ferrari 296 livery Nov 26, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Can we get an official announcement on the servers constantly crashing? Nov 4, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Grid Composition in Official Championships Jul 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions The Official GT World Challenge game... Mar 4, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Wrecker in Official server Jan 2, 2022
    ACC User Interface Own Livery in Race [trying to use custom skin in official event] Nov 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Official Release Date For GT4 On Console? Sep 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer if xbox gets pages and pages of official servers why can't pc use more for better organised racing? Aug 9, 2020
    ACC General Discussions 911gt3 cup and lamborghini ST official liveries Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Lost connection to the Official Competition Server... Jul 10, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer official racing conditions and weather Jun 16, 2020

3. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Interesting thread , you beat me to it ,
    would be nice with clarification on this subject , because this new game looks incredible! :)

mati.sala90 and Tiago Lima like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

I wouldn't be surprised if it's much more locked down because of licensing. I wouldn't be too upset by that.

Orne likes this.
  5. I'd be upset, but I obviously understand why they might have had to make that decision.

jonnyboy_99 likes this.
  6. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Man, would I love to drive the transit van in rain at night just as the good Lord intended. Come on Marco, do your sweet talking magic with the big people and convince them into supporting modding if it ain't already, pretty please. I'll even name my first born after you as tradition dictates in these here lands, if you could make it happen. :D

Alexandr66, luchian and garyjpaterson like this.
  7. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

if there modding be really exciting game without a shadow of a doubt , lets see what kunos say about the topic.

8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

When all official Blancpain cars and tracks are in the game, there is less to do for modders. Surely something. And creating cars/tracks that are not related to GT3, with this new awesome looking engine. But could be that it's not possible due to licensing.

Probably Kunos will inform about this soon.

chargingcar likes this.
  9. Less to do? Surely that offers a lot more potential for modders, given such a limited breadth of content natively in the game?

10. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

M
    maybe why it will be early access because the content is so limited currently inside AC , will take years to dev into a fully fledged game ,
    everyones been dreaming about this for years including myself , the game looks staggering with UE4 effects, be nice with some clarification , but with it been here on the original forums I do not see why it wouldnt be moddable.

11. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Surely this is just new graphics engine?

Why change the physics engine if it ain't broke.

I am thinking it won't have modding support by them due to it being official series.

But modders like you guys will still have ability to add new cars/tracks etc.

12. Just because modding isn't supported (if that is the case, which makes sense) doesn't mean it isn't possible. There are mods for pcars2.

baliwa, Dookie, Simon92 and 2 others like this.
  13. Not sure anyone mentioned any change to physics..?

14. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Yes but with zero FMOD support , FMOD alone is a really complicated system it using special coding and hierarchy to setup the audio for the cars ,
    like kunos could reorganize a new FMOD build and its almost impossible to know what the correct layout is , even just adding audio is a mind boggling prospect , yet alone adding cars and tracks ,
    yes there would be the odd car or maybe track , but 98% of people it wouldnt be possible to mod and without support been official its not something I would personally like to make inside the new engine ,
    AC provides awesome tools for imports of cars and tracks its the best available on any platform.

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well, in a way true yes. Meant more modders help in achieving a "full product", things like Minorating and RSR live timing app will be obsolete it seems. Probably many things that modders did like sounds, are very robust this time. But we will see, of course it would be nice.

Minolin likes this.
  16. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion ACC is a first step...

We will have ACC, like a final product. And a few month later, an Assetto Corsa 2 based on that model could arrive, with all the variety of cars, tracks, mods...
    ACC is not going to be extended in time like AC does (no content update I mean), what could be the case of an hypothetic AC2.

But I don't want to see so far, because I am actually happy and curious about Assetto Corsa Competizione. :)

17. Dajonaga

Dajonaga Gamer

I bet official modding support (if any) will focus on liveries and team outfits. ... and grid girls... ofc....

18. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I was wondering this too, because if a full sanctioned series is being done, it would be a natural fit for moders to do other series. But I DO see a modding sub forum for this so thats encouraging. But this isn't their home brew engine anymore so mod support might be a bit harder to deliver on day one.

garyjpaterson and chargingcar like this.
  19. Xero

Xero Gamer

Was about to post the same thing. I view this as a stepping stone to AC2, allowing them to craft and hone this new platform into something very polished and feature complete from the get-go.

Lawndart and AC_RAF like this.
  20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

What I mean if the physics underneath is kunos. I think it will be okay.

Someone will figure out way to add cars.

I don't think there will be any mod tools provided by AC.

But considering people are hex editing project cars 2 to get cars in game.

Anything is possible.

Unreal 4 has tons of documentation and used by tons of other games.

21. magicmike

magicmike Racer

Aaah, suddenly i understand the implementation of 'motion capture' ! :D