1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Great news !!

2. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I was sitting at my work desk smiling to myself after watching the video - brilliant move methinks. Well done Kunos!!!

To those that are dissappointed by the lack of street cars, look at it this way : ACC GT has the mass appeal to generate good early access revenues to fund the development of the new engine. Once the engine is done, adding new content like street cars / tracks or even opening up for modding (on a different title) should not be as costly an exercise. So I'm pretty certain another title will follow using the same engine, with content that you would be interested in.
    Good, practical business approach here.

This is start of something great - where do I pre-order ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ischemica, TDS, gandlers and 5 others like this.
  3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I too am a bit surprised by the limited car selection, but this means it will stand a far greater chance of being a true RACING simulator rather than a DRIVING simulator.

GT is such a popular series, I'm sure it will be a hit.

And of course, night & weather, and buttons and wipers... what's not to love about that.

4. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

It's probably something like other Kunos titles. Some middle point, where they try new engine, new stuff, then from that go into AC2 in the future.

TDS likes this.
  5. coret3x

coret3x Simracer

Great news! GT3 is so much LUUV! STFU AND TAKE MY MONAYYY!

Just a note:
    "players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione"

To get better multiplayer functionality, I really hope for better net code and collision calculations. The ping-pong effect is still active in AC.

https://streamable.com/bp41j

https://streamable.com/8dmpb

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  6. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Great news!
    Congratulations Kunos!
    Another great step forward!
    I can't wait!
    Already in my wishlist on Steam! :)

System requirements, please!

coret3x likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Windows 7 is no longer supported.
    No further information as of yet.

f1webberfan likes this.
  8. BigFW

BigFW Racer

If this goes well it could be a great package to attract other Brands in Motorsports to give them an almost 'plug and play' e-sports option which is a growing market. So...

ACC - IMSA: Weathertec
    ACC - IMSA: Continental Tyre Challenge
    ACC - ELMS
    ACC - GT Asia
    ACC - Goodwood Revival
    ACC - Southend Sea Front

options are endless :D

TDS, chksix, MsportDAN and 2 others like this.
  9. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

*insert joke about ACC servers being nothing but GT3 cars*

10. chakko

chakko Alien

Hey, at least there won't be dozens of Nordschleife Practice servers. :D

/me likes GT3's actually.

magzire and chksix like this.
  11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Oh christ....

This is great news, no matter how excited everyone is. Yeah, little "sad" that it isn't now everything is moving from AC1 to ACC, but it sure is a steppingstone of the big ones!

Grats Kunos, always pushing forward and ACC will surely set you on top of sim e-sport!

D.e.f*cking.served!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    TDS and Mathieu Labbé like this.
  12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think this might well be possible. Assetto Corsa Competizione is a generic enough name to allow for any racing series or form of competition to be potentially included. And let's not forget, iRacing also still has the Blancpain GT Series licence, so perhaps ACC will follow a similar approach to iRacing and Race Room with several series in the future. Unless this licence prevents it I don't see why they wouldn't keep their options open. But step by step I suppose. Any potential additional content to this Blancpain GT Series/24h of Spa game is probably going to be Blancpain or SRO related (Blancpain GT Asia, British GT, Intercontinental GT, Bathurst, GT4 Series, etc.).

BigFW and LeDude83 like this.
  13. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

so GT3 cars, most of which we have now in AC, but updated & improved
    10 tracks, again most of which we have in AC, but again updated /improved
    new gfx engine with night and rain !
    VR ready !
    better MP with ranking system !

I'm hyped. Finally someone is going to make an official series racing game/sim and we can be sure its going to be a great drive. That is something to celebrate after years of disappointment with the dross other official games delivered.

GO KUNOS

Steam wishlisted and my wallet is waiting :-D

(streetcars and historic racers? - no problem, we will still have AC to play too)

Glaurung, chksix, miky and 2 others like this.
  14. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Congratulations on the new venture and I'm sure it will be a succes.

"Players will experience highspeed torque as they get behind the wheel of luxurious speedsters including Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens and many other prestigious GT cars"
    So I guess it will be not only Gt3 racers then :D

15. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I was about to type something similar. It would be great if there were DLCs some time in the future adding further licenced series, maybe branching out from the GT3 thing... WEC comes to mind, or a Nordschleife 24 hours addon.
    We'll see I suppose, I'm looking forward to this now. Is it summer already? :D

Epistolarius likes this.
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yep and probably the attention to detail on each car is nothing we've seen.

Imagine perhaps fully functional/clickable cockpit like in netKar Pro.

More detailed damage model, unique visuals for each car panels/parts coming off. Not just slapped on "scratch texture". Better, physics based sound, recorded from real cars. Maybe we can open more than just doors in showroom, and see what each has eaten. Pitstop animations, real liveries, pit limiter, ignition sounds, engine stall, ECU mapping. All controls in car working, assign for button box. Probably higher quality textures throughout (on highest setting).

Even as someone who is not avid follower of GT3 motorsport, that sounds very intriguing (even if some of it won't happen). Much more feeling of "being in a race car" than ever before I think. Quality over quantity thing.

Epistolarius likes this.
  17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

well done kunos.. We need a focused sim i think, no more of these "cram as many cars into a sim as possible" ; lark..

...i cant wait simply!

Serge M likes this.
  18. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

You know what this makes a lot of sense.

Add to Marco's "This is just tip of the iceberg."

Blancpain GT might be just the start.

Assetto Corsa Competizione leaves the door open for many other DLC series.

TDS, donShere, nate and 5 others like this.
  19. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Not supported as if it will not run - like Forza?

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

While this looks like a gold dig, it also would result in total chaos at the end I think, unless there wouldn't be too much of such titles. I suppose it wouldn't be practical, unless in forms of DLC's and working such way like rF1 mods has worked - when you launched a mod, and game appeared different then. But just leave whats after ACC alone, I think it is just waaaay too soon to bother about it :)