1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Physics differences AC/ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by chargingcar, Feb 21, 2018.

1. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

Hi ,
    Can someone please shed some light on the driving physics, mainly the differences from AC / ACC ,
    is UE4 using the same exact physics engine built inside AC ?
    or is it a new generation of Kunos physics ?
    if there are differences can you please tell us what changes have been made and what to expect in this new game :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Suspension editor & physics/graphic differences Oct 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Gt car lap time/physics differences Feb 13, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC User Interface Simulation is not only the physics!!! Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Blog The ACC V1.9.0 physics notes document Apr 19, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Is it possible to change physics values in game with Python? Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes in MP endurance race UE4 & Physics (12h) Mar 12, 2022
    ACC Physics ABS problem ? Physics ? What happened here ? Dec 7, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Сar does not move [Duplicate report from Physics] Dec 1, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 400hz physics refresh rate. Nov 24, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Physics issue with road cars in AC 1.16.X Oct 29, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Realistic physics? Aug 29, 2021

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

maybe a bit early to say mate. i can see where your coming from, but i don't think there will be car mods in this game. or any mods at all?

4. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

I was asking regarding the actual driving physics of the base game , from pcars to pcars2 they was specific with the updates of the physics , well the development from the 2 different games ,
    would be nice to understand if there is any key differences they have worked upon / enhanced since the release of the original AC ,
    we can see the rain and the night its all they shown in the pics and video , clarification on the core driving foundation of the physics would be nice , maybe there is some new revolutionary physics engine who knows I dont ?

alex bonner and MsportDAN like this.
  5. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Do you think youll get the gt1 mod finished in time..? meaning that interest for AC could dwindle rapidly once this is out?!

6. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

there working on the last 2 cars the guys , should be completed the pack by the end of march I imagine.

7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

on a different note has anyone noticed the word game has been used in the title and not sim? Could we really be looking at a sorta f1 series game :( to appeal to the wider audience ?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Phil64 and kro like this.
  8. I dont think they would do that , evolving their sim is what they have done up to now and i think its what helps them get closer to manufacturers. Id be gutted if this was the case but i have trust in kunos.Just because it looks so good doesnt mean theyve forgot or dont care for physics. Stay positive dan :)

Phil64, Ace Pumpkin, Kristaps and 3 others like this.
  9. chargingcar

chargingcar Alien

I saw a video with Marco doing an interview quite a few months back , was well over 1hr long and quite interesting watching I really enjoyed the insights , from memory he was saying the core foundation of the main physics engine as kept evolving from game to game , getting more advanced , so knowing what he said prior , I was just curious to if there has been any major developments physics wise so this brought me to creating this thread ,
    I still feel NKPro physics was on par with AC and some areas stronger.

richard thompson likes this.
  10. chakko

chakko Alien

Netkar Pro was good, but, i definitely think AC has the more advanced physics, and, especially, FFB. To be honest, nk Pro feels a little weird when you have driven AC for a while, especially the understeering behavior is a bit unintuitive, when you're used to AC, or also other sims.

I'm also very interested if there will be a change in phsyics, and in which way. I'm pretty positive though that it will be at least as good, if not better than how AC is now. After all, they got the Blancpain license for what their games represent, so...

11. I'd love to see tyre collision and contact patch being better modeled in ACC. In AC it's kind of frustrating when the simplistic model results massive load spikes and therefore all kind of strange things like the famous Kerb of Death-stuff.

Tobias Queck, esox71 and Kristaps like this.
  12. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

My 2 cents on this.
    After all a sim is not RL.
    So I think we are on the safe side here ... :D

P.S.:You actually got me a notch worried there. ;)

MsportDAN likes this.
  13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

"Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races will come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes."

"...reaching a new standard in terms of driving realism and immersion, thanks to its further improved tyre and aerodynamic models."

"Assetto Corsa Competizione is designed to faithfully recreate the performance and the driving experience of real Blancpain GT Series cars through a sophisticated mathematical model that accurately replicates tyre grip, aerodynamic impact, engine parameters, suspensions and electronics systems that determine vehicle balance, as well as the influence of mechanical damage on the car's drivability."

------

I don't think there is any reason to believe, that this won't be every bit as hardcore simulator as AC, and more. Just because it says "game" in the name, doesn't mean much.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  14. chakko

chakko Alien

Well, it is a game, isn't it? Never understood the need for 50 year old men to justify their gaming needs by saying "It is a simulation, not a game". :p I really have no problem with admitting playing a game. Sure, it's a simulation game, but, it's still a video game.

15. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I'm going to guess that Kunos will bypass UE's physics module and maintain their own. UE's physics aren't easy to work with and are arguably one of the more under developed modules from a game dev perspective in UE4, you can do simpler stuff really easy, but complex stuff not so easy. The work to transition a hombrew system to EU could be/is a LOT of work too... Also, you're taking the entire system with UE and just cutting out the bits you don't want might be as much work as adapting the parts you do. But it's really impossible to tell. I know UE4 well enough, but not AC and I've never moded in AC either so I don't know all the variables.

Deatroy, Phil64 and Johnnypenso like this.
  16. The only bit i really hope they are going to improve are the ping-pong collision physics..would be quite important for an online ("eSports") League..
    everything else would be just a bonus for me :)

Marketcrash16 and Tomcul like this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't see why this is even a discussion. Were people also arguing that Sector3/SimBin's GTR3 would somehow use UE4 physics instead of using and expanding on the existing proprietary isiMotor/RaceRoom driving physics?

Any improvements/changes to the physics will likely be revealed until and through Early Access. They've said they'll reveal more info in the future. No reason for them to not advertise the game with it.

Orne likes this.
  18. Rudski

Rudski Alien

It's like some sort of disease. They release news about a new title and straight away within minutes people start posting physics questions...

19. Yeah, Kunos bought a new collision system test bench not so long ago, so it will be great!
    [​IMG]

PS: (feel free to delete it if trespasses personal boundaries @Lord Kunos ) :)

LChaves, coret3x, Rennknirps and 4 others like this.
  20. Orne

Orne Alien

There is no reason to worry about any of this. ACC will be whatever it will be. Although given how popular Assetto Corsa is , I don't see any reason why Kunos would suddenly make radical changes to the physics engine, beyond improving it, which is what they've been doing since the release of their first game. My advice to all of you rocking in rocking chairs, worrying that the sky is falling is to go with the flow. ACC will be whatever it will be and no amount of worrying will change that. Trust in Kunos ! Regardless, its just a game and there is nothing to prevent you from continuing to play AC if you're not happy with ACC.

nijeat and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  21. Physics was one of the very few things we could salvage and bring over from AC1 to ACC moving to UE4, everything else needs to be redone from scratch.

So from any point of view you can consider ACC physics as a direct evolution of AC1 physics with the added bonus of not having 170+ cars to update and check if we decide to make substantial changes.... this is giving me, Aris and the new physics dev that joined us Fernando the opportunity to get in pretty hard in some areas and make some substantial changes that we couldn't afford to do with a big released product like AC1.

We'll have plenty of time to dig into the details of it both before the EA and after, I'll just drop one big one here tho. Although it's not really something we'll see fully utilized in ACC because of the nature of the tracks we are going to include but the physics engine is now running full blown 64bit math all around, so, as far the physics is concerned, there are virtually no limits to how big a track could be, we could literally race to Mars and back without suffering much precision losses in the calculations... again, not really something that will create a huge change in ACC but still a thing I can geek out and be happy about :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018