1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

southend sea front - my local !! lol

BigFW likes this.
  2. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Congratulations!
    You have just linked two of my most favourite things - Blancpain and AC
    Can’t wait till the summer
    Salute
    Friar

Jamiedh303, chksix and 6S.Manu like this.
  3. God luv ya Kunos! Cant wait for this, godspeed fellas.

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Just love it! Maybe I´ll have to check the costs for a flight to Misano in June.

Congrats to Kunos, great achievement for you guys!

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Minimum requirement is Win8.

f1webberfan likes this.
  6. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Gamer

sounds good... but I be more like
    ACC - eROC
    ACC - IMSA
    ACC - SST
    ACC - Indycars
    ACC - V8 supercars

:D

chksix and morpwr69 like this.
  7. Where's my ACC- Racing Lawn Mower edition? :confused:

DaveS78 and mms like this.
  8. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Find this to be a bit odd - What does win 8 have that win 7 does not? It,s not DX as it is the same version on both OS.
    Will it not be supported by Kunos on win 7?

9. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Well, for one, better VR support. I believe you cannot have ASW in Win7.

Ace Pumpkin and Tino66 like this.
  10. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

Pretty cool with this, so long that the future still holds dear to AC2 :) I like the competitive ranking system idea, and moving to UE4 is a great choice for dynamic weather and time.

However, I really don't want to give up AC itself for its classic racing content and street cars. AT the very least, the classic racing content. Group C and 90's DTM are burned into my brain as "go to" when I need a serious sim driving experience. Likewise is the competitive nature of those series, too. But a diversion from....well....diversity can definitely bring the RACING aspect up to the experience of the driving simulator we all love. Even without the ranking and system in place, AC was an incredible racing platform and I still managed amazing (actually the closest racing I've ever had in my life) races with little issues thanks to minorating and the community striving for being social about it.

I'm excited but I was never much of a GT driver, more of those 90's and 80's enthusiast. Nonetheless I'll get into it and try my best! I know KUNOS will knock it out of the park. No hand-holding. Either you race and practice and get better, or your get frustrated and give up. That's what I've always liked about KUNOS development. There is no guide, only practice and experience.

Jamiedh303 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Mainstream support for Windows 7 ended three years ago, extended support ends in 2020. I imagine the full release of Assetto Corsa Competizione is going to be either in 2019 or 2020 and game support will will go well past Microsoft's extended support for Windows 7, so I'm guessing there's not much point for Kunos to support the OS anymore.

(Edit: And it's not set in stone that the game uses DirectX at all, could just as well be Vulkan for all we know.)

Ace Pumpkin and mms like this.
  12. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Thanks! That is a good reason. I wont buy ACC and save my money for a new PC instead.....;)

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The ACC News and Announcments section here on the forum talks about added tutorials, so there will be some kind of help. Maybe a driving school?
    :)

Jamiedh303 likes this.
  14. mtz.enjoi

mtz.enjoi Racer

[​IMG]

This worries me a bit.. they mention 24h of Spa like it was the only 24h event possible.
    the wording kinda makes it sound like that...

15. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

Im still not really convinced about Day/Night Cycle since it wasnt mentioned explicit. I mean it wouldn´t make sense not to implement Day/Night Cycle since they are changing to the UE4 and Kunos wants to offer a next-level Sim Racing title with the Blancpain GT Licence (Way to go Kunos!). But Weather und Nightracing was confirmed after all but not the cycle itself. Does someone know more about that matter?

Someone already ponted this sentence out after someone asked the same question:

"There will also be the opportunity to compete in different moments of the iconic Total 24 Hours of Spa, with a dynamic weather system recreating the famously unpredictable climate at the Ardennes track."

But this is still no confirmation for me. What does "the opportunity to compete in different moments of the iconic Total 24 Hours of Spa, with a dynamic weather system recreating the famously unpredictable climate at the Ardennes track." actually mean... Sounds to me like a "Challenge Mode" IMO.

I hope Kunos can clear this up soon. Anyway I really like whats coming to us. It looks so good already. Wish the Kunos Simulazioni Team all the best for the upcoming sim racing title and their future plans for it.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Or maybe it's just about replicating official events for online ranked races (esports) and singleplayer campaign/special event modes. I guess you missed the "Free Play" part.

mtz.enjoi likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Even AC has a 'dawn to dusk' time progression, why would a new title with a more capable engine, night racing and dynamic weather not offer time progression around the clock?

LeDude83 and stefanoCasillo like this.
  18. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

I know where you are coming from but still.... I was just wondering why it hasnt been mentioned in the slightest in the announcment as one of the keyfeatures for ACC. I mean it´s a big deal like weather and nightrace itself.

I actually do expect Day/Night cycle otherwise It wouldnt make sense (as you just pointed out) to change to a more capable Engine and not to implement this feature. Just wondering why so silent about this.

Edit: Sorry bad english....

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Great news and congrats for adding the Blancpain GT Series license to Assetto Corsa.

I do fancy GT (racing) cars quite a bit, from the past GT1 and GT2 series (great fun with SimBin’s GTR) and even more with the currently Assetto Corsa’s GT3.
    In a strictly racing perspective I find it much more interesting than road cars although I do enjoy AC road cars just as much as the GT3.
    Considering what Marco said and can be read in Blancpain GT Series web page announcement, this is “just” the starting of a new challenge for Kunos and when I remember what was the start of AC and to where it reached if this is the start of the second AC project I can’t begin to imagine what Kunos will achieve this second time around.

By my side I just started as I did with AC: added Assetto Corsa Competizione to my Steam Wishlist :D and I’m calmly waiting for this Summer where I can purchase it in Steam Early Access and play it for the first time. Until then I’ll continue to enjoy AC just as before.;)

Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  20. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I never left the track....

Great news. I can't wait, I find online most of the time it's the GT3 servers that are full and hence the ones always worth joining.