1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Getting an early start.....

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Feb 22, 2018.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Gonna watch Misano Quali to get familiar with track. And to have the legend John Watson voice in game would be awesome and also the CEO welcome you as a new driver to the series:D[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Which game to play and advice for getting good Oct 9, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Getting crash, when launching AC as 64bit. Nov 3, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series S - keep getting kicked from GPortal. Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Keep getting Fatal Error [faulty RAM] Sep 12, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Keep getting disconnected Mid Race Aug 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Interested in getting a copy also on console, but is telemetry data saved somehow? Jul 12, 2022
    ACC Physics Please Devs fix the contact system, it's getting more and more frustrating to race like this Jul 6, 2022
    ACC Physics Getting stuck in second on Indianapolis exiting turn 11 Jul 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards New SimRacer having problems getting first TR Mar 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions So when are we getting version 1.8? Mar 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This is the version we’re getting. Feb 22, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Getting Ported to the Box Jan 18, 2022

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

At least they dont need to worry about track limiits enforcement for ACC, Blancpain in past races Ive seen go by Rally type limits unless they have tried to toghten it up this season.

4. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I think they get 3 strikes at abusing track limits before black flagging. The car is awarded the punishment so a driver swap will not help to avoid the penalty.

Epistolarius and bgil66 like this.
  5. Misano is an excellent track there's a decent mod for it . Very much looking forwards to this track.

Epistolarius and bgil66 like this.
  6. :eek: And if we don't get this, surely this is the utlimate incentive to allow modding!? I'd love an app of Old Wattie commentating sarcastically on my driving, exposing me as the amateur I am :D

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

At Misano in particular you seem to be able to drive where you like...

8. And paul ricard the track limits are sketchy , be interesting to see how they deal with it in acc. paul_ricard_track_limits_blancpain_2017__650px.jpg
    I hope the are leanient as paul ricard is a great track due to its kurbs and there are so many overtaking lines using them that if its too strict it might stiffle the racing on this epic circuit.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. chakko

chakko Alien

I'm not a fan of overly penalizing track limit infringements anyway.

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That screenshot from Ricard is ridiculous...

People should learn to drive accurately and stay on the track. 4 wheels over is off track. Kerbs are not the track :mad:

Watch this... it can be done... from the good old days when you exceeded track limits and lost time and maybe went to the hospital.

:)

Ernie, Ace Pumpkin and Tomcul like this.
  11. If it is paved, it is track. And two wheels on it is plenty. - Real world drivers
    Black flag that guy for touching the kerb - Sim-racers

trucidatio, dermonty, chakko and 7 others like this.
  12. Lol people should learn to drive properly , theyre pro race drivers not some sim dude who hugs white lines :D

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  13. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

blancpain gt give out lkoads of drive thru's for track abuse

i seriously hope the penalty system is fair and realistc to real life, none of this stupid slow down crap unless its a huge cut

realistc = build up enough track violations for the CAR = drive through

chksix likes this.
  14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

No the track is the black bit between the white lines ;)

I agree it’ll be interesting to see what Kunos do with this. I’d guess in game lap times could differ quite a bit from real world times depending on how much cutting is allowed.

15. [​IMG]

Obviously not.

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I have no problem with regarding the outside of the kerbs as the track limits, keeping at least one or two wheels inside those limits. All it needs to be is a consistent rule, for fairness.

I never understand how people can be against track limits. No limits, no track. A track, or circuit, is defined by its limits. Its not the friggin' Dakar rally!

dermonty and Mogster like this.
  17. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Pedro de Figueiredo likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Really hope this gets into ACC. Can't stand the slow-down penalty getting thrown for every small off track moment (that includes anything that didn't gain you time too).

McKiernan and mtz.enjoi like this.
  19. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Pedro de Figueiredo likes this.
  20. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Just watched a cool video from Bentley Continental Gt3 team....and i love it...drivers giving interviews etc... and one smart thing driver said is it is not important to qualify first or be first... it is important to stay on track and minimize PIT times :D

Can not wait to try this boat out :D

kro and Pedro de Figueiredo like this.