1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Any official word on modding, both for ACC and Kunos moving forward?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by garyjpaterson, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Of course, its a very different prospect depending on whether you're are a creator or a consumer.

2. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Overall strength just depends what the modder wants, there's no standard way of normalizing it. Some people play with every car at 30-40% ffb so then when they mod them they just put it that way by default.

3. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

If nothing else, I would like there to be the in-game apps available as mods. There are some apps that I just can't live without now.

Mogster likes this.
  4. baliwa

baliwa Hardcore Simmer

I have some feels most minimal way is only skinning, but I really hope this one can to be get modable too even maybe just starting after Early Access

5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Without mods AC wouldn't be as successful as it is. This has to be said very clearly. There may be good and bad mods, but the simple fact that you can get any track or car or app, or even better create your own stuff makes the AC experience way more rewarding. I am not sure how many copies AC has sold on console but I think I can safely say the number does not compare with the copies sold on PC. Personally I could not do without Content Manager, RSR, SRS, pTracker, Transfagarasan, Riverside, VIR, Okayama, etc etc etc. And probably this is what will keep AC alive until the day we see AC 2.

6. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I mostly use the Mod Apps (Head Movement / sidekick / Weather & Smoke updates / RSR / SRS etc...) also some mod tracks , I don't use many Mod cars as the quality is mixed , (especially the Honda Integra DC5 which is pretty poor , but I can just go outside an drive it in the real world instead ;) )

I think loosing the ability of the Mod Apps would be the biggest loss (although looking at the screenshots I'm not sure we will need weather apps any longer) and also the ability to Mod provides longevity of a title too.

7. But track mods and app mods are all a fixed quality?
    Not in my experience, some utter trash track (lots and lots of them), but also some really high quality stuff, easily matchin Kunos tracks. I'd call that mixed quality...

Johnnypenso likes this.
  8. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

People are just too lazy to look for the gems.
    But tbh 4 to 5 star ratings on RD for trash tracks for example don’t really help either.

kro, baliwa, nate and 1 other person like this.
  9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

While I would certainly be happy if ACC supports modding, if it doesn't that's just going to be a minor inconvenience. Why? Because I don't see ACC as the replacement for AC. When I want to push the gorgeous Lamborghini Diablo VT (@A3DR & @aphidgod mod) around Transfagarsan, Content Manager is only a key press away - I'll be on that Romanian beauty driving half out of control in seconds just like I am now. When I want to race, however, I will be using ACC for it's advanced racing features/capabilities. Perhaps we shall see some ACC integration into Content Manager which would make moving back and forth even more seamless. For me personally, ACC is going to be a complimentary title to AC, not a replacement the way Gran Turismo 6 replaces Gran Turismo 5. I'm very excited to learn more about ACC...

Pixelchaser likes this.
  10. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

yeah take your point Gary :)

Its probably more that I'm fairly happy with the car count included in the game with all the DLC , but I get more benefit from the Mod apps that I use , the head tracker , Sidekick, weather etc.. and this week I'm been using the SRS alot

garyjpaterson likes this.
  11. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

As long as we don't lose crew chief....

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Didn’t Stefano say that he’d found 3rd party app support a pain in the arse and wished he’d never included it in the first place...

I agree the way AC handles apps in game is one of the best things about AC.

13. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I don't think they will include modding support in ACC and it will have huge benefits.
    First that AI only has to know how to drive the gt3 cars on the ACC tracks, so kunos can fine tune the behavior of the AI.
    The other thing is that every car can Taylor made without thinking of giving tools to moders.

14. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Exactly. After working 5 or 6 days a week, 40, 50 hours or more, managing our homes,our families and our social lives the rest of the time, we're just too lazy to spend hours and hours of our precious free time scouring forums and installing and uninstalling tracks to find the "gems".

fbiehne likes this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

16. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Did not want to sound too rude here, however I sometimes wonder why some people moan about mods or the quality of it whereas there are actually quite some great ones out there since years.
    I also work the whole week, have a girlfriend and also like to spend my free time with other things than searching forums, yet I know which mod is worth having a try.

If you want I can list you some mods I think are of great quality.

chksix likes this.
  17. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

No wonder the mod creators are getting tired of the community.

18. Orne

Orne Alien

Mods, good or bad, it's irrelevant. The mods are free, therefore nothing to complain about, don't like it, delete it, move on. I fail to understand how posts can turn into knuckle dragging, gradeschool playground arguments. Senseless and such a waste of time. It seems many would prefer to have pointless debates than actually spend time hot lapping and racing in Assetto Corsa. Perhaps some would be better served with a forum debate simulator. BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHHA. Madness!

Cote Dazur, kro, MrDoku and 3 others like this.
  19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Once the faze switched in such way, that you would improve your mod, and you'll get worse responses, even though the result is much improved.

People loves paymods though.

Too much content. And as it turns out daddy finds it too frustrating to search for the "gems". Wise guy.

Well future title will have few tracks and cars, that should make him trouble free. And us modders too.

20. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Whether ACC will have Mod support is anyone's guess, for me it comes down to these key areas:

1) Is it worth the Devs time to add Mod support? - By that I mean is there an extra workload in designing the game to allow mod capability to the extent of it being called "supported", if that workload is too much and deemed not worth it then they won't add it in. Not forgetting the switch to the UE4 Engine could either have benefits to allow mod support or make it not worth while from the outset so their minds may of been made up for them.

2) Is there is a license with Blancpain for ACC to rule out mod support themselves? - No one here knows the intricacies of the licensing agreements apart from Kunos themselves, maybe there is something written that forbids mod support from happening in this game. How likely or unlikely that is is anyone's guess but to count it out is naive, we have to view every possible scenario.

3) Is mod support needed? - I'd argue 50/50 from my point of view, sure community tracks & cars provide a sense of longevity to the title and seeing as its been a long time since a solid Series was released like this it will be hard to tell whether ACC could "survive" on its own, seeing as modding is such a large part of the sim community these days. For sure the on screen Apps are a big plus for many users, so personally I'd be happy with those if they are the only form of mod support.

4) Why don't we just accept the game for what it is? Why does every game need mod support? - AC will still survive for many years to come with modders, aside a very select few community mods the only cars in the game (AC/RF2 etc) that have such detailed data analysis behind them are the work of the Devs themselves. For me (these days) that's enough, when I jump in my Rig I want to experience the best realism possible from the Sim, not some hashed up physics from a modder who "thinks" what a car should drive like without any technical data used. But on the other hand I love racing at the tracks that modders make, being "stuck" with 10 tracks initially will become tiresome eventually.

With that last point in mind I'd be fine with no mod support so I can just play the game as it is intended, enjoy the devs work and concentrate solely on the fundamental ACC experience. I'm therefore hoping the Career/Championship aspects and further Online Structure become "enough" to enjoy from the game without the need of modders. But there is no denying that mod support brings a sense of community to a game, adds longevity and boosts numbers due to extra content. It's no doubt a tough call for the Devs to make (or have made by now) and there will undoubtedly be a backlash if the answer is No, but as most of us know already even if that is the case it doesn't rule out modders making content work in the game themselves.