1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa Competizione forum

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk

Turk Alien

I think the same although I think they should have a subscription service for those that want to use it. This looks like a title that could be pushed as a go to esports title which would require some sort of oversight and much more professional behavior from users. My worry about a free system is that they wouldn't be able to maintain it once they've used up the money from initial sales. So it will have a limited shelf life, a subscription service means it's fully funded, if it's a source of income they'll put more effort into it.

I wouldn't mind if they don't do modding in ACC, and leave that kind of stuff for AC2. I think ACC will have loads of replay value because of the tie in to blancpain, so mods aren't as necessary. They could have two different titles for two different types of drivers. Or AC2 could be the best of both worlds.

This is a new type of title with a new set of restrictions. It's not all up to Kunos this time, they have to work with blancpain to create something they can both be happy with. I still think this is the best possible move for Kunos, even without mods.

NeRo2 and Blizzier like this.
  2. Yeah thats more or less what I said. But I'd like to know whether Kunos are still open to modding when the time comes (AC2), or whether we should focus out efforts elsewhere. Little bit of clarity would be hugely appreciated.

3. Unless they are certain of the plan moving forward, that would be a tough question to answer...To be fair, kind of a corner they have been painted into. I say that also because it appears that more lucrative offers are becoming available to them given their growing reputation and acceptance among the community. Kunos knows ALL the reasons why AC is loved, and I can't see why they wouldn't allow it if possible. Great question though, and I would be very interested in the answer.

Turk likes this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

That might be a question they can't answer until they start making AC2.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  5. Either way, I really hope you guys continue with AC, definitely appreciated and the modding community was a huge factor (for me anyways) in the part it played in the AC success story.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. Sure. Whether they have the time or resource to commit to creating modding tools of obviously something they can't answer - but thats not what I'm asking.

I'm asking whether Kunos is still open to the idea of modding or not. Has their publisher set some ground rules for titles moving forward? I'm sure Kunos are well aware whether or not they are open to modding or not for future titles.

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Why do you focus on something far far away.
    Don’t you have AC1?

bgil66 likes this.
  8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

There's no reason why modding shouldn't continue on AC. Look at rf2, it's as old as the hills and mods are still being made for it.
    I'd doubt very much that ACC Blancpain will be moddable. It looks like it's going to be based on a particular series and Kunos are going to include everything that series has to offer. Licencing will no doubt be so tightly controlled that skins probably won't even be moddable.

I can't wait for ACC BTCC

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. Turk

Turk Alien

In an ideal world I'm sure they'd allow modding, but we know it caused a lot of headaches and maybe after experiencing working on a title that doesn't allow modding (if that's even the case) and it's much easier they may decide it's not worth the hassle allowing modding going forward. It's impossible to know, I doubt even Kunos have made a decision like that. But for all we know they've been working on making modding easier and preventing updates breaking mods.

I just really think we're not going to get an answer either way until much later, Kunos have learned not to make promises or even talk about stuff that could end up changing because it upsets some people when things don't turn out as expected.

10. Quality mods take time. By the time ACC comes out, I'd be keen to know whether or not we can realistically expect modding to come to the new engine (UE4), because if so - Yes, I will start focusing on something potentially 'far away', as I know nothing about the workflow and would like to learn.

If the answer is no, then I'll probably think about moving elsewhere. Will AC continue with mods? Sure, but when it has a much more modern replacement, its not going to be that popular, which is of course not the main priority as a modder, but also its aging tech. I'd like to move forward with something more modern.

And yes, Rf2 is old, but its also the newest sim in the franchise. Its not like AC which is set to be replaced (from a technology standpoint at least). Plus Rf2 is still developing and bringing new content/features to the table, so its not a comparison really.

I'm not asking for someone to lay out a roadmap with pinky-promises. I'm asking what the mindset is. Are Kunos over mods now? Or is it something they still welcome.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    luchian likes this.
  11. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Maybe modding will be allowed in singleplayer and not in multiplayer? GTA5 went that route, albeit with a different engine.

12. For ACC? Almost certainly not.

Kunos made modding known, it was a main feature for AC and was well advertised:

[​IMG]

Nothing like that for ACC. If it was a feature, I think we'd know about it.

13. vandella1

vandella1 Rookie

really hope this will have sli support from day 1

14. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

Kunos I will buy that day one!
    Thank you guys, that is what I always wanted. Looking forward to it.

Uhm... could we get good AA support please?

15. LRM

LRM Simracer

This is the best news for me since the first AC announcement, especially when I read about the polished online experience! hope for a matchmaking and behavior score system like big esport title ( rocket league, dota... etc) so we can enjoy racing with fair racers.

The only negative side of this announcement is my actual pc, I can't possibly get a new VGA with the actual insane price!

16. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Same for me, but as I was already thinking about to put togheter new pc for video editing, then I have another reason to make it before summer having in mind new graphic engine requirements.

17. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  18. Xero

Xero Gamer

Can't remember where I read it, but Kunos were quoted as saying the Blancpain series is "just the tip of the iceberg for ACC". I'll try and find the source. Anyway, it looks like this is indeed AC2 after all, with a welcomed switch of focus to quality over quantity.

With that in mind I fully expect all the laser scanned tracks to come across eventually after some reworking to bring them up to ACC standard. The track kerb screenshot on the website looks fantastic, a noticeable improvement in texture and material use.

Car-wise I think it will be more racing simulator than driving simulator this time around, so a focus towards racing cars. Some people won't like that, but it will be for the benefit of the majority of community as we'll get better quality in the end.

Super-hyped for this!

WallyM likes this.
  19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...to-sim-racing-with-assetto-corsa-competizione

Xero likes this.