1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

English summary of Marco Massarutto interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShredatorFIN, Feb 22, 2018.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Interview in Italian: https://www.spreaker.com/user/motorsportrepublic/lintervista-a-marco-massarutto-per-parla

Based on summaries by Italian speaking RD users Matteo Pagin and BhZ. All credit to them, I just organized it a bit and removed duplicates

Source 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...es-game-announced.147549/page-14#post-2692478
    Source 2: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...es-game-announced.147549/page-14#post-2692351

Second interview: http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2018-03-03-assetto-corsa-competizione-intervista

Included key points from that too, provided in thread by user DM2zzion.

Features & content

- Driver swaps confirmed (for both SP and MP, Eurogamer)
    - They will use the 2018 season for the content (all cars, teams, official liveries)
    - There will be 10 circuits (you can find them on the Blancpain calendar: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar)
    - All circuits will be laserscanned (Eurogamer)
    - Official leaderboards (basically RSR inside the game)
    - Ranking system for both skill and safety similar to iRacing (he mentions the latest GranTurismo's one). They hired the guy behind Minorating for this
    - They will follow their philosophy, so the handling will be realistic (as it was in AC)
    - Tyre model, aero and suspension geometry will be improved thanks to new developers that have been hired in the last year (one of them is also a mechanical engineer)
    - ACC will be more versatile and easier to use for people with less experience (which doesn't mean less realism)
    - Trees, vegetation and public will be animated and in 3D (Eurogamer)

Pricing & release

- Early Access (beta version) at a lower price than the release one
    - No release date announced, not even approximately
    - There will be detailed roadmap later, to allow the public to clearly understand what they can expect and in what timescale
    - Kunos has several ideas on how ACC will evolve from EA to 1.0, will be revealed later (Eurogamer)
    - On iRacing style MP subscription fees: "We consider multiplayer as something that is part of the experience, it is the very essence of the "Competition": therefore, at the moment we have not considered paying for it, and personally I would tend to exclude it from happening." (Eurogamer)

On Unreal Engine 4

- Choice of UE4 was driven by desire of focusing on the features that were lacking in AC1, basically "gameplay features" like implementing the various RL regulations, better career mode, better AI etc. (He supports this decision by saying that Kunos' competitors, even though with a way bigger workforce, have decided to avoid writing an Engine by themselves)
    - They have worked 8 months during 2017 on R&D testing the Unreal Engine, Marco says that it has been an huge risk because they still didn't know if UE4 was the right choice. He mentions as an example the need to do separate renders for the mirrors, which they had trouble to implement initially as UE4 engine is "general" and not geared towards sim use. This required weeks of telemetry of how it works, how it uses CPU/GPU etc.
    - The assets needed some rework as well, in order to be optimized for the different engine (as a result of the aforementioned analysis)
    - They will also probably use UE4 for their future projects
    - He praises the photorealism of the Unreal Engine, even though some months were needed before both the eye candy and the framerate started to get to the desired level
    - They took some inspiration on how to solve some issues they had from videos of other games made with the Unreal Engine, mainly the ones made by Milestone
    - The UE4 particle system allows you to efficiently simulate a large number of effects: from drops to rain spray, to sparks, and more (Eurogamer)

On collaboration between real racing teams & Blancpain

- With this license they are going to have an even stronger collaboration between Kunos and drivers/racing teams
    - They will be at many racing weekends in order to gather data from the teams
    - Many teams use AC for the training of their pilots. Some of the teams also asked them some advice to build their own simulator
    - Many drivers asked Kunos help to setup simulators in order to train for new tracks, for example
    - They received numerous eSports contacts, but for the moment they are focusing on the development of the game. (Based on the way he talked about this, I believe esports will come)
    - Kunos is working on a connection between virtual and real Blancpain (for example ideal time laps vs real ones, plus something similar to RSR with invitations to the races for the fastest guys, he mentions GranTurismo's Academy)

About AC1

- Expected AC sales : 100 thousand copies, results about 1.4 million users
    - He mentions comments of people on Facebook that were saying to him that the training/playing time in AC proved useful to catch the car in RL critical situations

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Kingpen, C3PO, Radfahrer and 63 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XB SX game is missing german texts (now only english!) Feb 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions English Nationality Option for my driver Feb 28, 2021
    ACC User Interface Missing English Flag Jan 14, 2021
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Was this game originally created in English or Italian? Jul 7, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Problems opening server v1.2 - spanish and english Aug 7, 2015
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Radfuehrungen der strassenfahrzeuge english? Jul 13, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Audio application 0.9 , english update 1.0 Apr 13, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues (mod) please use english only Mar 5, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds [I SHOULD WRITE IN ENGLISH] Vollbremsung wenn man das gaspedal loslässt? Apr 19, 2014
    General modding discussion Tutorial: How to unlock "Onboard Camera" with english subtitles Dec 18, 2013
    Liveries MP4 English pride Dec 12, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.5 patch Nov 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.4.1 patch Nov 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.2.2 patch Oct 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Bugs summary post 1.8.1 patch Sep 30, 2022

3. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

That seems a bit odd. I'd have thought more realistic mirror rendering would've been one of the obvious wins with UE4 given the many examples I've seen. What about AAC's mirrors might make them sim-specific?

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

No clue. I know rendering mirrors (image inside image) is always demanding. Maybe related to how they work in VR? Being perhaps real 3D mirros that react to VR users position, not just TV screens backwards like in AC. Would be nice to get mirros that are actually useful in triple screen (adjustable angles)

Johnnypenso likes this.
  5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

from what I understood , it seems it will be officially released in 2019 as final version

6. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Based on what or where from? My guess is that Early Access will be available around the time of 24h of Spa in July.

Ferdi and D.Jankovic like this.
  7. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Early access obviously arrives before official release.

Octane likes this.
  8. lionbest

lionbest Racer

Now I might start watching the Blancpain so the Blancpain guys are also getting something out of this - more fans.

dermonty and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  9. TTM

TTM Alien

So, ACC is what i though in the first place. Nothing more or less than offical game of Blancpain GT series and if all goes fine with game we can expect proper sequel for AC in coming years.

Thats fine and smart move from Kunos. They don’t need to convert all tracks and cars to new game engine straight away.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I still don't see a clear exclusion of future DLCs, adding further series or even track day car packs to ACC. Surely Kunos and 505 want to earn a buck or 2 with DLC, no?!? Look at everybody craving for extra cars, already. Unless Blancpain insists on no other cars EVER in this game I honestly can't see why Kunos wouldn't do it. Can someone name good reasons to NOT offer car DLCs once the base content runs smoothly?!? So far I haven't seen any.

In fact, for me ACC is "AC2". The huge list of feature additions is well worth that title.

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Didn't one of the Race games (Race '07 ?!) also have different cars to the WTCC grid?

It could be possible that future series might be added, but the focus may stay on Blancpain.

LeDude83 and ShredatorFIN like this.
  12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I don't see it working that way.
    My guess is that this ACC will be known as ACC; Blancpain. Further iterations will be ACC; WTCC, ACC; F1, ACC; "insert racing series here", with full regulations as per series. Aris has alluded to the BTCC in the past as a dream, personally I'd love to see that dream come true.
    They might somewhere inbetween give us an updated AC, with current road/super cars, night/rain etc in the new engine but it'll depend on the success/money gained from ACC, and demand at the time of course. At this stage I wouldn't blame them for going where the money is. They've proved themselves with AC, now it's time to expand.
    If they can become a big enough studio employing hundreds then the sky is the limit, but even current big studios take years to create games.
    My hope is that they will still be turning out sim racing titles in some form or another for decades to come. They've set the benchmark and certainly deserve it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

WallyM and ShredatorFIN like this.
  13. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

No chit, Sherlock. :D

kikie likes this.
  14. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

Well, the subtitle is "The official Blancpain GT Series" so anything other than that wouldn't fit imo. Maybe something else from the SRO Motorsport Group Blancpain is part of but even that seems unlikely to me.

15. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

sounds very promising

i was kinda hoping for a subscription based racing to ensure longevity though

16. GT4 cars have some relationship to Blancpain, no? Like a support series? Would be cool to see some of those appear.

17. BigFW

BigFW Racer

"Get Out of Here, Stalker!" :p

18. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i hope im wrong but a single buy game will not have online longevity, without longevity theres little reason to invest in structuring and organising online play, especially if they end up releasing a bi-yearly game

19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I just hope Chris Goodwin is on the roster for the 24 again and a few others too, would be nice to also edit driver names in ACC we shall see

20. For the most realism, we have to have the risk of getting belted in the back of the head by a rogue F3 front wing whilst in the pitlane. Only then will it have the appropriate build up to a 24 race at Spa.

For reference: (warning, blood :p) https://twitter.com/harrismonkey/status/891258825776541696

Me and my friends met him on his way back from the medical centre about 45mins before the start of the race - needless to say he looked a little stressed :D Apart from the bandage on the back of his head, we were unaware of the reason at the time!

LeiF likes this.
  21. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

This Shred...is why I like the AC community :)

ShredatorFIN likes this.