1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Any official word on modding, both for ACC and Kunos moving forward?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by garyjpaterson, Feb 21, 2018.

1. lol

2. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

Honestly if ACC does not feature mod support I would be very okay with this.
    This is not AC after all.
    So far ACC seems a very tightly knit and focused experience. There seems little to no need for mods when all the teams, drivers, cars, tracks, rules, systems are in place.
    AC on the other hand was much, much broader in its scope. AC provided more of a platform to build your game on.
    I would compare it a little bit like FSX (Flight Simulator X) and Ace Combat.
    Ace Combat is a narrative focused experience about fighter planes. There are specific scenarios to beat and that’s about it. FSX on the other hand is a platform, a sandbox, in which you craft your experience on your own.
    Both approaches have their merits and downsides. For me there is not better or worse it just needs to fit the game.

Currently I doubt ACC will feature mod support due to the Blancpain license. Afaik licensor in such an environment tend to like to keep a tab on things featured in “their” games.
    After all they attach their name to it and therefore find themselves associated with the content, obviously.
    While they probably have some sort of control over what Kunos will implement into the game they will have no control whatsoever what some modder will do.

magzire and Pulley like this.
  3. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

While I share your opinion that I wouldn't be worried if ACC wasn't mod friendly, Stephane Ratel was the license holder for the FIA GT championship licensed by Simbin for GTR and GTR2. While neither GTR or GTR2 were sold as mod platforms they were moddable - GTR2 especially so.

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Relax people, ACC will almost certainly not support modding. At least by default, unless modding will be modded in lol.

So relax, you won't have to deal with mods, cheer up.

I hate people.

5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I don't really see a need for Modding if ACC turns out to be what I think it is. However, I do think it would be cool if we could create custom liveries.

I understand why people are hoping full-blown modding is available in ACC the way it is in AC. They want the game to be Assetto Corsa II...they want night and rain Nordschleife sessions...they want to drive the cars they drive now, but with even more beautiful graphics. They want to hit Transfagarasan just as the sun is rising and enjoy the new physics system with their favorite cars from AC, etc...etc... I may be 100% wrong, but it doesn't make logical sense to me.

6. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

Personally I look forward on the DRM Revival mod more than I do for ACC.
    The DRM cars is just my kind of cars.

Sure I will get ACC but as it is not for the cars.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Sovers likes this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Tino66 Same here

What the hell, man.... very hard to find any "logical sense" in your post. Crazy essay.

Why do you use "they" and "people" when you clearly are speaking about yourself. And then just to make it hilarious you completely doubt if people would like those things. I don't even...

8. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I really really dislike some modders abandoning their current progress for ac versions and exporting their projects to ue4. How are you so sure about kunos supporting modding for this title?! They might for ac2 but i highly doubt they will support modding for ACC speficially so please keep your work on the current AC we have.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

What are you talking about ? :D

AccAkut likes this.
  10. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Mehh mod PR stuff lol

But yeah would eventually expect him to be one of the first to hit ACC modding, if ACC would be even moddable.

However, I don't see any info about Ac mod being thrown away or anything like that, more over, there is nothing to throw away because Poznan is finished enough IMO, perhaps lacks a bit of optimisation, but whatever.... just couldn't ask it to be even better than it is I guess, because it is good.

@SunBro It is so silly how you draw conclusions over that, and made this drama post, makes me face palm :/ Also how did you make a conclusion about more modders, over one modders post ? Modders will do whats best for them anyway...

12. SunBro

SunBro Alien

13. LilSki

LilSki Alien

You can pretty much forget about limerock. Of course he is going to try to get it into UE4. Anything to avoid having to make any 3D buildings and actually finish a project.

None of my immediate plans have changed and I will not bother with anything for UE4 until ACC is actually released. Then I might experiment with one of my finished tracks but I don't plan to release anything for ACC.

14. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

just don't expect updates at ac-mods, I just need a way to manage the following bull****.

lol ! , don't listen to lilski regards any of my works please. Thanks. (he has no idea what I am doingwith limerock at present time)

nate likes this.
  15. I didnt realise that once acc is released our copies of ac will self destruct :confused: modders can still make mods for ac unless its deemed as not worthy once acc is released.;)

16. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Was just about to post screenshots from ac-mods. Good to know then. Take your time and whenever you release, please do it for AC. Not an unknown game.

Just remember this: in the past, whenever kunos kept silence about our burning questions, it was almost always the worst outcome. So i personally expect absolutely zero modding support for ACC but full blown mod support with AC2.

ACC is just a testing ground for them. Please buy it and test drive the sh*t out it if you want AC2 to be a technically mature platform. I'm guessing ACC will be the technical skeleton for AC2.

AC will still reign supreme long after ACC thanks to its super low system requirements and insane mod library. I reckon it will be like RF1. People will still release mods for it in the next 2 years.

Ch4rL1E likes this.
  17. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

When did they mention AC2 or that ACC is a testing ground for them? Come on man all the assumptions are rediculous.

kro and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah, that is a mess. Get stable people.

Also wouldn't call something what is supposed to become a full title - a skeleton. It is a bit not nice.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  19. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Why is it that only sim racing forums take my opinions as facts... I post all over the internet and other people go like "that's your opinion man"...

All the things i said above are my opinions. I think i should begin all of my sentences with i think.

I think that because ACC does not feel like a sequel at all. I think kunos would not release a full blown follow up title with just a single series no matter how big or prestigious. I think they will mature their knowledge of UE4 first, prepare a legendary modding infrastracture behind the scenes and blow our minds with AC2 in 2020.

20. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Sorry it's not just you that mentions AC2 it's just that I dont even think Kunos mentioned AC2 ever, just whatever is next for them. Believe me we all want what we already have but with a new engine and all those bells and whistles. ACC is the tip :)

kro likes this.