1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

English summary of Marco Massarutto interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShredatorFIN, Feb 22, 2018.

1. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

Ten tracks what a joke what about the blancpain gt series Asia and the tracks they race on and what about vr since vr is the future of our hobby and is how a lot of us race

2. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

:rolleyes: What the real Euro drivers must think, eh?

Typer, Ischemica and mms like this.
  3. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

It says right in the release article it will support vr.;)

Ischemica and mms like this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Are you saying I need to read something, pfft.

sissydriver, morpwr69, Slavc and 2 others like this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Next thing they'll tell you is you need to use punctuation marks.
    :eek:

Typer, Whitestar, morpwr69 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

10 high quality laser scanned tracks though.

We have no idea what Kunos, SRO and the publisher intend for the future. I suspect a lot will depend of how popular ACC is. Going forward involvement with SRO will open a lot of doors I’d imagine. It’s worth remembering that SRO are involved in many GT series worldwide and use many different tracks.

This is big time now and even though GT3s aren’t my main interest it’s hard to not be excited about developments.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm already completely in the zone for this focused GT3 only sim. After all, the huge variety in AC I could never fully exploit.

I guess it's a fundamental sim question here: are you the focused, geeky sim racer and a bit of a whore when it comes to car categories? I am! So ACC is for me :)
    Are you keen on jumping in and out of different cars in quick succession? Then ACC (for now) isn't for you.

But in either case: how is 10 tracks in well-known Kunos accuracy NOT enough for one game? When you even can race them around the clock and in the rain, which we're craving so much :)

8. Orne

Orne Alien

:rolleyes:

Psit and F430_458_F12 like this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Think 10 tracks is plenty. 6 of them are in AC, but doubt they can/will just drag & drop them into new game. New textures, assets, animations. Are they even using the same scan data in all cases?

For example Silverstone was resurfaced just now: http://www.silverstone.co.uk/news/track-resurfacing-2018/
    Same for Barcelona: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/...-at-the-circuit-de-barcelona-catalunya/248332

And how long it took earlier for Kunos to create 1 high quality track? A long time. Getting 4 new tracks into AC would have taken more than 1 year.

10. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

Another good thing about using Unreal Engine is that ”everyone” knows it. Getting people up to speed when creating game assets will be quicker since the UE is an industry standard these days.

nate and LeDude83 like this.
  11. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

To the casual gamer, 10 tracks will never satisfy...imho, 50 tracks won't even satisfy. To a dedicated sim racer...10 is quite hefty. As with any in-depth study, the apparently simple never is simple. The potential study of each track exponentially increases when you consider that each car behaves differently over the same surface.

Haha...I know you know all this...had to say it to someone who understands :D I'm still figuring out the nuances of ONE track, the Nordschleife, lol.

Ace Pumpkin, LeDude83 and djtopa like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

To be fair the Nordschleife is THE track, the one to be satisfied with for a lifetime. (Well, for some of us. :p)

Koikkis, F430_458_F12 and Serge M like this.
  13. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

F430_458_F12 and Opel-King like this.
  14. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i can't understand ppls fascination with the nords, it's not a bad track or anything but it is a crap track for actual racing on

foppaldo and Obizzz like this.
  15. Ten tracks and i bet your not fast on one of them:mad:

sissydriver and hensar like this.
  16. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

hahahaha i have raced many many times on all of them and i am fast enough to be competitive but what about the blancpain gt series Asia why would the official game of the blancpain gt series miss out the Asia series

17. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

It did not say on the web page that it did support VR it only said what was written after the VR ready part.

18. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

It says specifically vr ready in the first paragraph.... Its right here on this forum under news and annoucements

19. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

yes but it does not say it on there main web page https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/

20. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer