1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

English summary of Marco Massarutto interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShredatorFIN, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

We've already seen in the announcement trailer and screenshots that Spa and Brands Hatch got a rework with the implementation into UE4.

2. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

In real life it’s an awesome place and the whole area surrounding the track is great for a petrolhead. It’s a great track to drive but when it comes to actual racing there are plenty of tracks that are better. Even the GP track is more fun when it comes to racing other cars.

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah certainly. Maybe they reused some stuff like some track building 3D model but with new textures (or maybe not) but anyway, 4 tracks from scratch is lot of work alone

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

VR support is baked in to the Unreal engine, it supports it so safe to assume ACC will support it.

10 tracks is plenty, I would much rather 10 high quality laser scanned tracks rather then 50 tracks of questionable quality. Plus being able to race them at night changes the feel of the track so 20 combos really :)

The Nordschleife can just about be made in to its own game. I have spent hundreds of hours on it alone where as I have paid full price for games that only last 20-40 hours (think story games like last of us, uncharted, etc...). Would actually be a cool standalone game, start out as a rookie test driver and build your career through smaller races and manufacturer testing building up to the 24hour enduro.

5. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

10 tracks are plenty if you only race on a Friday night but some of us race everyday and yes 10 tracks done to the highest level will be good but it will still not have a long life span now if they was to put in the Asian tracks as well now that would change things completely plus they are a part of the Blancpain gt series so the official game of Blancpain should have them

1.Sepang International Circuit
    2.Chang International Circuit
    3.Suzuka International Circuit
    4.Fuji Speedway
    5.Shanghai International Circuit
    6.Ningbo International Speedpark

so that would make 16 tracks total and the complete Blancpain GT series and a worthy AC game not a sand bagged bear bones cash grab but something epic with the longevity we or at lest i want

6. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Why the hell is anyone calling this a cash grab?

You do realize that they need to license the series, and this costs money, yes? And then they have to create all these tracks and cars... which costs them money, yes? And then they are using a completely different game engine, and starting from scratch here costs them time and money to implement everything, yes? And then they are creating new features and fleshing out existing ones form the previous game, which costs time and money, yes? And then they are hiring new staff which costs them money, yes?

Do you even know the definition of 'cash grab'? :confused::rolleyes:

dermonty, pippo10, marcocale and 4 others like this.
  7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Does anyone actually think that you will get the 10 tracks and nothing will come after that ever? That would be the strangest business model ever. Invest all your time and resources to develop the base and not build on it... lol

dermonty and LeDude83 like this.
  8. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

I am more than ready for kunos to grab my cash!;)

9. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

because 10 tracks is bear bones and seems like a cash grab a European Blancpain gt series should be a dlc not a whole game or it should be combined with the Asia gt series to make a whole game i mean lets get real here the only thing that's exciting about ACC is its running on un real 4 and will have weather and day and night apart from that its gt3 on tracks we have raced to death in every other sim for years and years yes they will look amazing not saying they wont but lets not kid ourselves here what we seem to be getting here is a good DLC not a full game

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I think you are completely missing the point of sims like AC, maybe project cars is more your thing

sissydriver, D3lta481, LeiF and 5 others like this.
  11. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

project cars 2 is amazing so is AC but longevity has got to be a thing it does not matter how good a sim looks if it only has a shelf life of a few months worth of game play and there is only so much you can do with gt3 cars on 10 tracks theres only so many league races and AC has lots of tracks and cars so what do you mean sims like AC i play AC and Raceroom and rf2 they have lots of tracks i am just being objective and not a fanboy yes i am looking forward to ACC to race in VR on the first sim on un real 4 but i am not going to be blinkered by the engine and i am going to say it how i see it and i can guaranty other will see that ACC has only 10 tracks and say exactly the same and for ACC to be the official game of the Blacpain gt series it should have all of it not just the European side of it

12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

mms likes this.
  13. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i'd much rather have a concentrated gt series than 200 cars and 50 tracks, if you had that many tracks there would be no actual game

games like f1 etc are much better and polished games because they don't overeach for amount of cars and tracks, looks at pcars, so many cars and tracks but the game is crap and 9/10 of them drive like crap because they have over reached

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You don't play the tracks, you practice the tracks. With that I mean you use and re-use the same tracks in an online race. Look at the most popular online games; all the competition is concentrated over some maps that people use and re-use to play against other players.

Yes it would be nice if ACC also had the Asian GT3 tracks, but let them first do European ones and see how viable and sustainable the game becomes before going after the complete set.

But until you're able to master 10 tracks it will take a long time for you to need more. And even after you master them, you will have online competition in form of other players to go against. So just because you know the track, you still have to beat other players that also know the track.

sissydriver, LeDude83 and Ischemica like this.
  15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

If you have good competition it doesn't really matter that much how many cars or tracks there are.
    You are so focused on the actual driving and fighting with the opponents so just that is highly entertaining, nay, addictive.

Sure, if you hotlap a lot then a limited car and track selection might not be for some racers if you don't want to grind to get as good as possible with a specific track or car. Although IMO people that want to drive many different cars/tracks are rahter more casual and just want to have some fun driving.

If you are really into racing and there is a good, competitive service running so it's likely you are around others on a similar level then the actual racing against other drivers is why you do it.

In the past we ran the GT3 Cup car a few times on the Street Fight server, those were some really great races I've had there, if there are good drivers around you can race again I could race the same combo for multiple days.

16. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

all the gt3 cars the lmp1 2 3 900 cars the touring cars the group c cars the gt1 cars the formula Renault the group a dtm cars the group B cars the vintage prototype cars all drive amazing in project cars 2 and 16 tracks for gt3 is not overreaching asking for the whole of Blancpain not just spa and Silverstone and moza for the millionth time why is that too much to ask from a game in 2018 ?

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Stick to PCars then

19. kevinE83

kevinE83 Rookie

NO. stop being a fanboy and try being objective.

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

But you say it offers you everything you want and yet you seek something else? Definition of impossible to please no?