1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2 words on modding support

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sad about this decision.
    Moddable ACC would have lead to the modding scene to be further scattered.
    Community is only accepting mods that meet the quality of the original content, and it takes the most talented people out there many months to release a car or track in that quality.
    Quite a few tracks and cars are in the making, and may only see the light of day in several months from now. But modders motivation mainly comes from peoples anticipation,
    and with ACC not supporting modding, and only being about GT3 type of race cars (not sure, but it looks like this atm), more people will keep interested in AC mods.
    Much in the same way, that GPL not only lived on, but actually had a thriving modding community for years, after Papyrus long has moved on to new projects.

simbicort and Rennknirps like this.
  2. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

Szymik, you look like the right guy to call Kegetys.... :D:cool:

3. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Exactly as I expected. Thanks for putting all the speculation to rest @Lord Kunos

Ernie, NightEye, Serge M and 6 others like this.
  4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Just one question @Lord Kunos , if you want...

So, in the end, modding or not-modding has nothing to do with "Blancpain" license, am i right? It's a very understandable Kunos choise, not (also) a license limit, right?

5. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

haha two words means in Italian a complete book ;)

Indeed great explanation and looking eagerly forward to ACC in summer 2018 (Aug 24 is a great date)

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Haha "two words" ("due parole") is the Italian for "a few words".

What I (hope to) understand from Stefano words: we won't forbid modding, but don't expect modding tools for ACC. Maybe for a future title we may resume full modding support again.

BrainsBush likes this.
  7. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

the way I read it they are much too busy figuring out everything themselves to provide elaborate SDK material and consumer friendly editors. I did not see a single word hinting at licence being a reason.

Dookie and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  8. r@m

r@m Racer

I think you need to read it as Kunos won't take any steps to prevent or dissuade modding, they will concentrate on what they are good at and focus on providing a game of coding and graphical excellence.

UE4 based games are generally very accessible unless the coders choose to make it not so, until the first Alpha appears it's pointless speculating or even considering porting current work.

Ernie, LeDude83, DaveS78 and 2 others like this.
  9. The problem with modding is that some people add F1 cars when the game is made for Blancpain

simbicort, Stepy and Pulley like this.
  10. Thanks for the clarification Stefano... very excited to see how this turns out

I need to get my UE4 Skill set up to scratch (For my professional work)...so for me i'm gonna try and work this out from a track perspective...at the end of the day even if its ends up not being possible - No harm or loss for me personally. learning new stuff is the fun part

Stepy likes this.
  11. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

will Kunos/505 allow adding AC tracks to ACC, e.g. the Nordschleife? I mean, will, for example, RD be allowed to host such conversions?

Stepy, LeDude83 and marcocale like this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

We are all only guests, personally I like that we could use kitchen if we'll find it and know how to use it. Though it might not happen. I am very thankful that AC is moddable, and, most importantly, so easily. Of course it would be a little bit sad if I could never have Goodwood circuit and Nemuno Ziedas with rain and night for personal use, with fitting cars.. but oh well, thats one way how to appreciate things more. Maybe one day I will be brave enough to go for rF2 haha, though AC is likely to always stay the main one for me.

Anyways.. the smartest choice, no doubt. Keep it at the top, good luck, Kunos !

13. Naer

Naer Gamer

Ok, no mods, I'm can live with that. But, What about custom liveries? Is an important feature for eSports.

And apps? That was an incredible feature on Assetto Corsa

Stepy, WallyM and NeRo2 like this.
  14. Turk

Turk Alien

It's not that there won't be mods, it's just that it's not something they're officially supporting as with AC. I can guarantee you within hours of the game releasing there will more than likely be mods for it, support, or no support.

Custom liveries is an interesting one. At first I thought, of course there will be custom liveries but I suppose that depends on licensing. Maybe they want to keep it all official. But again, I'd expect someone will find a way to put custom liveries in it even if Kunos don't make it easy.

Apps I'm guessing is a given that they will be in. Unless UE engine isn't able to do it or something.

LeDude83, NeRo2 and Naer like this.
  15. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

As expected.
    And as said no problem for me.
    Still good things get said early on. Kudos for that.

MsportDAN likes this.
  16. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Does this also apply to providing an API / shared memory data?

17. Typer

Typer Simracer

/me crosses fingers for Crew Chief support!

18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Jim B is a legend!

ShredatorFIN, morpwr69 and Typer like this.
  19. chuky

chuky Alien

A problem with mods is that ACC will evolve fast and Kunos can make choices that will break all mods from time to time. In AC 1, sounds of modded cars were broken and people were angry. I wonder how far they are in the developpement, and maybe they haven't decided how they will do some things yet, so they don't want to guarantee that mods will work and make people angry when they stop working, which will probably happen.

I guess it means that game files will be identifiable and that they won't be packed in a giant file. And seeing that the latest AC 1 update changed the way the launcher scanned for cars and tracks and they were already working on ACC, I guess it means that ACC will still have the same kind of launcher that will scan for eventual mods.

20. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

Good point. Naturally you mean official AC tracks...... this is something different from a scratch made track/car. I think the probelm could be the licenses, more than Kunos allowing to use their AC work in ACC....
    Nevertheless it's too soon to discuss such thing, probably also better not to force an answer at the moment....... :cool:

Ace Pumpkin likes this.