1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Any official word on modding, both for ACC and Kunos moving forward?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by garyjpaterson, Feb 21, 2018.

1. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Exactly. It's just the first step in a looooooooooong road.

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Mantas are you having a bad day? Chill M8, relax. ;)

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I should probably quit forums, and do the same thing aphidgod did. ACC and all those things is such a blast of positivity... but then so much onsense comes...

Pixelchaser and DaveS78 like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Or: “One ear in, another ear out”... you know who you are, stay!

5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah, perhaps at first gotta quit being a "worrier". Hard to ignore things... Real issue of mine. I have three mods to update... :/ so won't quit untill then, probably after that.

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I reduced my forum usage by a lot since the ACC announcement, as it's all speculation at the moment.
    Maybe give it a break, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint and wait for all this to blow over
    [​IMG]

7. I love you modders, the content you guys create is appreciated bigly. But damn, you guys need to get some thicker skin before you bleed to death. It's almost like you are taking it personal if ACC doesn't support mods. (and at this point I am assuming that it won't, based on the 'silence from Kunos when asked generally means the answer is NO')

The majority of the community is still going to drive the hell out of AC after the release of ACC, just the average playtime will be less due to splitting it between the two titles. Who knows when the day will come that we can take our favorite car for a drive around the Ring at night in random weather, or even if that day will actually ever even happen. Quit worrying about things that are too far in the future to predict and continue down the path that you are already (generally happily) traveling.

8. r@m

r@m Racer

As far as I'm aware, for most of the full time modders it's service as normal until kunos give official information.

No control over the odd loose cannon of course ;)

9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I have no issue about ACC not being moddable, if thats how it is.

It is more about how modders are treated in community. Hard to explain in short... not going to write a thousand words post now... But when I read some things (and those posts are accepted by the most) I really begin to feel bad for myself and others for all that time and effort spent. Especially that time when you are happy with the thing, but you keep going personal extra miles, just so more people would accept the project. Sometimes I ask myself, how many people are still interested in cars these days, will there be more, or less. Will they be more sympathetic, or apathetic. More intelligent, or not.

If the answers are not, then I don't see a point for even introducing modding again. Modding is needed for titles which doesn't have strong foundation, but has pure communities. AC didn't have very strong foundation at the very beginning, and modding was needed very much. It would be a shame that any of future AC wouldn't be moddable. But I am almost sure that rF2 or especially Automobilista would need the boost active quality modding provides much more than AC. And the communities of those games would definitelly be much more happy to get some quality stuff. Maybe they would also become spoiled and apathetic at the end, if they would end up with tons of content IDK, maybe thats just how it works.

But maybe simracing is one big sub-culture right now, same people everywhere.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I really don’t know what you want or expect. Most ppl in the community treated you and other modders with gratitude and respect. Remember the reaction when you brought a LIDAR Goodwood to the table?
    There are a few who not even post that much in the respective forums asking for more and more content. Many without even recognizing how inappropriate that might be. But only a few are driven by questionable motives.
    Most of the residents really really appreciate what you all are doing for the community.
    Just don’t get depressed by the few, and don’t expect flowers every day.
    The ppl who matter stand behind you and your work.
    Don’t get a false perspective here.
    Cheers!

11. Orne

Orne Alien

Or avoid the forums and most of this senseless chit chat and simply focus on your art. Perhaps share progress with a select group of people then release it publicly when completed. Peace of mind and health are king above all others IMHO.

Cote Dazur, Ace Pumpkin and r@m like this.
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@Pulley ”With that last point in mind I'd be fine with no mod support so I can just play the game as it is intended, enjoy the devs work and concentrate solely on the fundamental”
    You do realize that even if a mod content is available you are in no obligation what so ever to download it, install it and use it. You can still just play the game as it is intended, enjoy the devs work and concentrate solely on the fundamental.
    Mod is better than no mod, any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    It gives us choice, full stop, and choice is always better than no choice.Period.
    Thank you for your attention.
    One last comment not specifically directed to you, but please feel free to be included.
    So much speculation in this or other thread about ACC, like what will the sequel be to what will launch in the spring as a early access, really, it is in devoleppement and we are already wondering on what is next? Really?
    I am done reading all those childish blabbering, I was curious to see what we already knew, but this is too much, I feel ashamed that I could be associated with this group.
    I hope you all have agreat day and for some of you, get a life.

chksix and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  13. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Yes I'm well aware I don't have to download anything, try reading all my post purse I quite clearly would welcome mod support.

...and as for that last bit, nice flounce!

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Some modders might like not participating in anything but their projects. I feel like modders should be big part of community, especially the advanced modders, as they usually have best knowledge about many things related to the subject. So they has the most to share (apart from the developers of course). But as it is becoming less needed, it doesn't mean that we should go out and silent, avoiding trouble, but keep on working and releasing, that makes no sense. We aren't making a living from this. Well at least most of us, I suppose. It was pleasure to mod, but very recently signs were popping one after another. And that is natural I guess. If I would not participate in forums I wouldn't see the signs.

15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

You really need to work on your English reading comprehension. When I used the word "people" I was referring to human beings other than myself. When I used the word "they" I was again referring to human beings other than myself. When I'm speaking about myself, I use the word "I". Everything about your interpretation of my post was wrong. Everything.

I agree with @Cote Dazur - this thread has become useless.

Mascot likes this.
  16. Seems like some people want to believe AC will be active even after the ACC is out. A LOT of people will either move into ACC or stop playing both of these. The latter because of the MP will be less active and it becomes hard to find people to drive with.

If ACC won't accept mods there won't be such userbase after 4 years like AC have. That would mean Project Cars-route. Half-baked sims in a 2 years sequel to keep the franchise alive and breathing. Another way would be to announce "AC2" soon after ACC release to keep the non-eSports audience still onboard.

Also I think that Blancpain license is bit of a bubble. Some people talk like it's something very popular. Right now inside sim racing audience endurance racing is clearly very popular but if I ask for example from my petrolhead-brothers about Blancpain, they have no idea what I'm talking about. Crowdstands are empty and people aren't watching even those free Youtube-live streams. Numbers are so low that they can be just us, simracers watching these races. :) That's how popular the brand is in the bigger picture.

Personally I'm very interested what Kunos can do with it because right now they have funding and some audience and a solid base software to start with. Very different situation from where they started building AC.

Still I think Kunos cannot afford losing the whole modding scheme like ISI did.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

AC has sold around 600,000 on PC, Marco recently said they've sold 1.4 million total copies. I was never the best in math but... ;)

18. Turk

Turk Alien

I think a lot of the online will obviously switch to ACC, it seems like it's geared towards online competition. But as long as ACC is focused on race cars there's always going to be a reason to load up AC for road cars.

My hope is that ACC becomes the racing game, I can already see the DLC lined up for that title, LMP cars, GT4, etc...

I then hope AC becomes their fun road car game, an updated version based on ACC graphics with a lot of roads to drive on, maybe allowing for more niche motorsports like drifting.

I know that means owning two different titles with two separate lines of DLC, but it allows both titles too focus on two different types of driving. Rather than each title trying to be all things to all people. I'd buy both, but I know there are people that would be happy with one or the other.

19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Well I'd be happy to be proven wrong, of course.

20. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

My math says that's 800k on console and 600k on PC, so console sold 1/3 more copies than PC. Which surprises me considering it seems most console players hate the game (or at least have nothing positive to say).