1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Man! What was I thinking?...

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Panzerhund2384, Feb 24, 2018.

1. I had heard about Assetto Corsa, but wanted to try Project Cars 2 first based on a friends recommendation. Well, PC2 had a myriad of issues regarding FF on my Fanatec wheel, plus the physics of the cars never felt right...I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked, (on and off over 2 months). PC2 has released 4 patches, each with varying results. After endless frustration, I even tried Forza 7...enjoyable at first, but not too realistic, so back to PC2. Recently, PC2 just released their latest patch, (4.0). I installed it and almost put my shoe through the TV...absolute crap! Cars oversteer and spin for no reason, FF is worse, & AI is bizarre. I was finally done with PC2. During attempts to make PC2 playable I had read on various forums that AC was a way better game, so...

...Today, I bought AC...OMG! Perfect, right out of the box!...physics, cars, tracks, all excellent. IRL I drive a Porsche & have driven the Nordschleife, (tourist days). I can say without reservation that AC is THE best, most realistic simulation out there! You can feel the actual difference between FWD/RWD/AWD cars, tire physics are accurate, (you can slide into corners), & react like the real thing.

The tracks & cars aren't as plentiful in AC as the other games, but the quality of the drive more than makes up for this and is without parallel...I am now a full convert to AC...thank you!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Audio Since 1.4, Team Radio says "Mandatory stop cleared" when there was no such mandatory stop. May 19, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Raced Lemans on Season mode. I was new on the track but opponents pit so bad I won anyway Mar 9, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting too many AI = slideshow. was fine prior to 0.6 Mar 6, 2019
    Chit Chat Room I miss schumi (and manu was too late) - f1 spoiler!!! Mar 29, 2015
    General modding discussion "set observe" commands not working Mar 23, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Shouldn't I get better performance with this spec? Mar 12, 2024
    General modding discussion Guest Mode For Content Manager Mar 7, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified( not attempting to pit during mandatory pitstops ) Mar 5, 2024
    Bug reports mancanza assegnazione stelle RED BUL RING Feb 9, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring low performance Feb 2, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Breve domanda riguardo visuale ps4 Oct 10, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer One-man team Aug 17, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 14, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Recommended VM Performance for large grid races Aug 9, 2023

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its nice to have some choices these days in sims, for me PC2 also wasn't really what I wanted. Nice graphics engine but content is very hit and miss as are the physics in general as it just does some weird things. AC isn't perfect and unfortunately the console builds supposedly have a few more issues too but the driving model is what keeps me here since early access.

ACC looks rather impressive and I have no reason to think the physics model will not be an improved version of what we have already, on top of this the new engine should take it to a new level where it can be on par with the best looking games and combine this with Kunos physics and a dedicated approach to make it more feature rich I cant see much need for me buying another SMS title as they have disappointed me a bit in their last 2 releases.

4. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

All that and... I don't think there's a sim out there with better AI than AC right now. We've seen the evolution of AC AI and it was spotty for quite a while, then it seemed like it went from meh to utterly incredible in literally one update.
    Also: If you like it on XBox, you'll love it on PC. Like, almost unhealthy obsession type love.

Panzerhund2384 likes this.
  5. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I think it's a shame that Kunos and 505 Games are not willing to take a risk and throw a ton of money at AC 2 and go nuts with the content and things like evolving track and weather conditions and really well optimised console ports, because if they did I think they would own the sim racing niche with the physics abs ffb they have.

As it is I think a lot of people are playing pc2 because it offers a deeper racing experience but the physics and ffb are not quite on AC's level, although I think a lot of people are exaggerating when they say that Pcars 2 has bad physics and force feedback.

Traks1 likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We dont really know future plans beyond ACC Blancpain from Kunos. Honestly I think it will be a nice change having a focused full featured sim with Kunos level physics.

Back in the day we had the simbin titles like GT legends and GTR1/2 but since the only real focused games were codies f1 and they just dont do much for me.

I love f1 but codies f1 games I gave up on a while ago as they really drove quite poor to the better PC sims. If codies f1 games drove like the official AC f1 cars I would likely have got it each year even though I would prefer historic f1 seasons pre kers and DRS.

Kunos and 505 are most likely aiming for console release of future products. ACC is a good way for them to work on the new game engine, focus more on new features and then once sorted there cpuld be more standalone full sessons or even an AC general driving sim successor.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Right... small studio and publisher to throw a ton of money at a niche game to beat world class studios out there in terms of amount content :rolleyes:

You're right though. It is a risk. And I think it's quite smart and not a shame at all that Kunos are doing everything step by step and push forward at their pace...

8. Thanks All, I really appreciate your commentary!

I've now played AC for about 2-3 hours a day for the last 2 days and all it has done is re-enforce that it is the best sim out there, (for me anyway).

Luke7, you mentioned that there may be some exaggeration on the bad FF and physics in PC2. All I can say is that some cars, such as the Porsche 917, or 962 are essentially not "drivable" in PC2. The wheelspin (causing 180's), and lack of stability at speed, (causing physics defying acrobatics), is simply unacceptable. I don't profess to be the best real or sim driver out there, but if I feather the accelerator and the rear end whips out anyway, along with wheel sharply spinning 180 one direction, and then the other, it's not me, it's the game software.

The other thing I've noticed with the AI is that the start, (much like real racing), is crucial in the scenario racing provided by AC. After the first lap, (in similar class cars), it is very difficult to make up ground. In Forza 7, and on the rare occasion that a PC2 car is marginally stable, it is too easy to make up ground which should be virtually impossible in the real world.

Also, in corners, AC cars react realistically when nudged, in the other games a corner tap causes you to spin off unrealistically, while the car creating the impact goes on unscathed...

...all in all, I believe Kunos has made a game for real drivers, not "loot crate" collectors, or people that are amazed how real the rain on the windshield looks while racing in a monsoon.

Your mileage may vary...

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. NightEye

NightEye Alien

You might have found your way into the condition settings, AI settings and the like, but if not try this:
    Disable tyre heaters, use Green for track conditions, use anything below 20degC as temperature, set AI to something barely beatable (say, 97%) and put 2-3% randomness in it. Now go and race for 12 laps and feel how the tyres and brakes heat up, how the track grip improves, etc. The variation in AI levels really make the field more alive. That combo is just magnificent :)

Panzerhund2384 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Some issues have been reported with large grids affecting physics and force feedback in ways most incongruous in pc2 on console, especially on the newer tracks. For that reason I don't exceed 16 cars on the newer circuits and it's fine most of the time.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying AC, as I've said the physics abs ffb in this particular title absolutely are sublime.

Panzerhund2384 likes this.
  11. firben

firben Rookie

After getting a wheel a while back, racing games are entirely different for me now, so i ganveAC a try again, and i am also i love. I just ahda pretty intese race with Alfa Romeos at Laguna Sega, and went straight in here to find others who race on xbox.. pretty amazing how much difference there is from controller to wheel (more than other games actually)

myimac likes this.
  12. ARGT2RS

ARGT2RS Gamer

I do not know where is the disconnect. I drive a GT3, a GT3RS and a GT2RS at various tracks in the USA and Europe and the GT3RS in Laguna Seca does not feel nothing like the real thing. No matter what I do the GT3RS under-steer at any speed.
    Maybe someone can point me to a good setup?

13. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Sorry to resurrect an old post! I just picked up AC UE on my Xbox One-X and I already own games like FM7, PCARS2, DR 1 and 2, etc. - I've got to say AC's physics are unparalleled. And I do not really mind that it doesn't have as many cars and tracks, or somewhat barebones graphics, because the simulation is off the charts good. I am though disappointed with some of the car sounds - they got changed for some reason, but the on track experience is just bonkers!

However, I do enjoy the other games for what they offer. PCARS2 actually requires a lot of tweaking, be it pad or wheel. I so badly want the devs to update the car sounds and make them all sound 1:1 with the PC version. Then the experience would truly shine.

Also, wouldn't mind more tracks and cars - winky winky!