1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2 words on modding support

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Yeah they aren't going to let you port AC tracks to anything else legally. Netkar pro is one thing as they were mainly fantasy tracks. AC tracks are all licensed with the exception of BCC and Highlands. So you can likely give up the dream of legal AC tracks in ACC. I'm not saying it won't happen, it just won't be legal.

Darren Blythe, Ernie, Dookie and 2 others like this.
  2. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

apart from licensing issues of allowing ports, sooner or later they will want to put some more of the AC content to the new game themselves. So yeah, highly unlikely.

3. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Really the only thing that would stop modding is if there's no "formula K" unencrypted physics folder to work from. Assuming ACC uses actual encryption instead of the xor cipher AC had.

4. r@m

r@m Racer

Typer and Rennknirps like this.
  5. morpwr69

morpwr69 Racer

Man it better. I cant race without crew chief. I hate when you get a gap and he stops talking to you.

bgil66 likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I respect the decision to focus on the core game over modding support - I rather have a solid game first instead of one that needs to be patched up with modding. I'm less bothered for mod content for now, AC and other games still exist too. But then I do hope such valued additions like Crew Chief or Real Head Motion can be made to work with the new game - unless that sort of functionality is going to be part of the game itself.

7. Typer

Typer Simracer

Yeah it adds so much to the game for me, that human touch that really helps (along with VR) to bring it all to life.

There’s nothing like getting caught up in a T1 clusterf- to then be chastised with a delightfully scathing “For f*s sake Typer!” I make sure to apologise to the chief, we always cool after that.

morpwr69 and luchian like this.
  8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

There is a good chance something like Crew Chief will be integrated in the game. Don’t want to start wish lists but if it could support voice commands for pit requests and what to change/how much fuel to add that would be awesome. If you are in an incident and want to pit for repairs only you can hold the talk to pit button and say something like “pit now for repairs” and in the stop the crew just fixes your car instead of doing your scheduled pit tasks

Typer and Mudguts like this.
  9. Mudguts

Mudguts Rookie

That's a great idea!

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Except if its say someone from Scotland, then pit stops will be like a mystery flight.

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Aye tell me about it. Cortana and I have had many an argument!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

12. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Ah. And here was me thinking the two words were

Please wait.

Of course, now you have me wondering about this axe...and who's swinging it :D

Will we still be able to add liveries with some ease, minus the other more complex aspects of modding?

13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

What, does your Crewchief actually say your name? How do I get mine to do that @mr_belowski ?

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You can request your name to be added on the Crew Chief forums

LeiF likes this.
  15. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

There's already a massive list of included names so maybe you're is already there :)

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

There seems to be 2 major camps at the moment - one that expects no mods for ACC due to lack of modding support on behalf of Kunos and the other that expects mods because modding will be legal.

I belong to the latter. If I look at what the great modders of this community have pulled off and how well they help each other out I have high hopes that the first mods will pop up right after early access will have launched.
    Given that UE in general seems to be well understood and documented and the physics will be a direct evolution from AC, I also have hopes that good mod quality can be achieved in the long run.

marcocale, Whitestar and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Thanks I will check later..

Pulley likes this.
  18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Much stuff gets mixed up here, I think. Lord Kunos said they will not formally assist modders, due to lacking time, limited working resources, and although he did not explicitly said so, I strongly assume legal details in their licensing conditions also prevent them from helping to mod included Blancpain content - skins, cars, team stuff, tracks of the series. Thats easily could be a violation of the legal terms and rules of said licensing treaty.

I see no problem in getting modding done beyond these limitations. Just that team Kunos will not help out there. Lord Kunos did not say they explicitly prevent the creation of mod tracks. I have no reason to believe they made the code such that adding mod tracks is impossible. It makes no sense for them, at least I think, to actively want to prevent modding.

He only said that if a modder runs into any kind of problem, they will not help out.

BTW, adding a modded track that was done new from scratch by the modder or bases on a track whose author (modder or company) gave his consent, is modding. Evertyhing else is called: piracy. ;)

Its a different engine ACC comes with. Only people who know the differences and know how the new title's code architecture works, will be able to answer whether or not mods for AC like ChrewChief (on which I agree that it is most desirbale to have) can or cannot be easily transported from AC to ACC. In other words - we all speculate there on the basis of no info at all. Lets wait and see.

What really will be interesting to see is whether or not in 2 yera sor so, when the Blancpain license has been completeley delivered on and ACC has been patched out, Kunos will or will not move beyond just that content while sticking to ACC, or again starts a new title new and from scratch. If the first, there is a chance that modding policy of theirs then will change.

But as I said earlier already: firsts go first. The forseeable future is Blancpain, and I do not expect to see that changing before deep into 2019, probably later.

19. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

I agree, we have to make a clear difference between:

MODs: usuallly and "historically" considered the possibility to add/modify tracks, cars, textures, sounds etc. According to this "definition", modding is possible even if not directly supported (also GPL was modded and I don't remember sim in the past that was not modded. Even AC still in EA and before tools and instruction were released was modded!).
    APPs: code in a specific programming language that can be called/run inside the main application

From my point of view everything was told here by Stefano is referring exclusively to the "MODs" category as described above.
    On the contrary I think it's quite unlikely that ACC will allow users' Apps to run inside its code.
    But everything is only my feeling, so count nothing,... we'll see.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

It comes down to the precise content anbd wording of the licensing agreement, for that is the legally valid specification. In Raceroom, the DTM and ADAC Experience packs were licensed, but that did not prevent Mr Belowski to sit down and making his wonderful CrewChief app for Raceroom first, because it did not touch upon anything visible of the license: skins, tracks, advertising on posters etc. If Blancpain however demanded that the whole code package of the game should and must be untouchable for modders, then modding of course will enter a dark age with ACC...

Well, I am cautiously optimistic that things will not be that over-regulated.

I admit I do not use many mod-apps anyway, just that CrewChief app - that is a must for me. Beside Crewchief, I only use Sidekick.

marcocale likes this.