1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

2 words on modding support

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. TTM

TTM Alien

It's easier go to downhill and also faster way than going to uphill. :D ..Live begins when you've passed 40. :D

sissydriver, mms, ACorsa1 and 4 others like this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well I’m 44, so...

3. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

...congrats on your physiology;)

4. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

No no no, console...as in command-line interface.

ACC_sys_root\>replay > "c:\ACCReplays\myNewReplay.mp4"
    ACC_sys_root\>startrace /track:spa /car:ferrari_488GT3 /abs:ON /TC:OFF

chuky, mms and hristo1026 like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

That happened to me at 30. Now complaining about my sore back and the youth of today takes up most of my time.

Bit sad to hear about the apps. They are very mouse centric but they were great.

6. For me, I've never been a fan of AC's mouse-centric UI.

When using my wheel setup (on a stand), I'm quite far from my desk and have to lean into my wheel to reach the mouse/keyboard, so its always been a bit of a pain. The ability to navigate the menu's from my wheel only will be fantastic - whilst also keeping the ability for others to still use a mouse - is win-win really.

And VR of course takes it to the next level, as even if you can reach those items, you can't see them! I look forward to seeing what solutions you come up with, its one of the areas I felt was most lacking in AC from the beginning (which of course regarding VR is forgivable given it was barely a thing when AC came out!).

davperes, Pulley and LeDude83 like this.
  7. r@m

r@m Racer

As long as the UI is implemented well I've no problem, but cross platform usually means to me I will have to endure a console style UI and dumbed down navigation, maybe a little cynical due the the utter console port crap being churned out on steam recently where the UI seems to have little to no forethought applied for PC.

...anyway the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

No apps is disappointing, yet another feature to be binned because there's no easy way to implement it in a cross platform game ?

Consoles - 3 PC - 0

@garyjpaterson

[​IMG]

:p

garyjpaterson likes this.
  8. Still not helpful when I have VR on ;) I can feel where the joysticks on my wheel are without taking the headset off, but not much else.

Zackrak and r@m like this.
  9. r@m

r@m Racer

Yeah I was teasing, it will be interesting to see how Kunos tackle the issue, so far I haven't been impressed with recent UI's, and unfortunately rather than adapt a UI's features and iron out issues devs seem to prefer a like it or lump it "because we're busy coding important things" approach.

Glove tech seems to be progressing nicely, no games using it as far as I'm aware tho', a virtual UI controlled entirely by fingers would be mighty impressive, not to mention full 3D cockpit control with buttons knobs and switches.

VR has to go this route, wiggly controllers can only do so much.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Seems like that some of you have never seen another sim other than AC.
    I don't want be rude, English is not my language so excuse me if i appear in this way...

Regarding the only "IN CAR" time, if you know a little bit rfactor or iracing, just to say, you know that all what we have in ac by apps (manageable only with mouse) in the other sim it's managed by a simply black box that can scroll several pages just by binding 2 single buttons. All this pages show the same info that we have now in ac.

Tyre status / helps / car status / times and delta / ranking / pit strategies / whatever.

Not only scrollale pages but also recalling pages if they are associate to a specify button.

Old, easy and smart solution, all manageable how do you want and only with (...wheel...) buttons, imho faster and easier than using a mouse while i'm driving, and anyway, a system that works with buttons or with mouse if you want.
    Non ONLY with mouse.

Noone knows of acc will use a system like that, but generally talking, an UI designed for m+buttons can be much better than an UI designed only for mouses.

11. r@m

r@m Racer

I was referring to UI menu navigation rather than basic in game d-pad functions, of course you don't want to use a mouse when driving, but you're not always driving when navigating the menu.

I'm on a PC, my primary interaction is using a mouse, dumbing down that interaction to appease the console is a step backwards imho.

..anyway pointless labouring the point until we see the UI.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I also am on PC and my primary interaction is using a mouse.

But on a driving game my fundamental interest is using a wheel and don't be frustrated to search mouse or to leave my hands from the wheel just for search info when i'm driving.
    On a racing game i prefer have a 100% comfortable driving experience when i'm gaming rather than a 100% comfortable experience when i'm scrolling menus. Apps are fine but they are only mouse manageable, for sure i've had better comfortable UI on other sim where i can use buttons to make / see the same things on screen (and mouse to scroll menus).

Cause as Lord said, UI will not be ONLY buttons based, but mouse and buttons based.

13. Also one other thing to add regarding UI with VR - not only is reaching for a mouse/keyboard tricky and annoying, and of course difficult to see in VR, one of the worst things about this is it brings your face too close to the 'virtual desktop' that has your setup menu etc - and makes me go cross-eyed!

If possible i always try and reset my driving view to much further forward before I finish a session, so when I'm in the pits I can actually see the setup menu values without getting a headache from being cross-eyed! Having a floating menu that moves with your head might be a nicer idea to avoid that :)

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Moving away from mouse controlled UI is smart. Console, VR, rigs. But hope it will still have optional mouse control, for the more complex menus at least. The apps... are kinda nice. But same can be done with 1 slick HUD.

There is people who want to have 101 apps on their screen so that they barely can see road itself from underneath all the apps. With all of useless information that real driver would never get during race. Why, I don't know

15. Turk

Turk Alien

I think the reason gloves aren't being more seriously developed is that finger tracking by camera may be possible. There's already body tracking on consoles. If you consider that when people do complex finger movements they are usually looking at their hands and those 2 cameras on the vive pro could possibly track fingers and hands, a separate camera could track general hand movements. If they're not looking at their hands it probably doesn't matter if the hands/fingers are tracked.

16. For developing car mods ;)

17. r@m

r@m Racer

Sensor tracking :

Not a camera in sight ;)

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Sure but lots of non-modders use excessive amount of apps in YouTube videos. Imo just immersion breaking. SideKick is about only thing I find tolerable, and hope ACC will have similar stock app

Phil64 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Bear in mind, many modern racecars have a LOT of functionality on their displays, with pages upon pages of info should they need it regarding fuel usage etc. I quite like having a few apps available that offer similar functionality as the displays are super limited in AC.

But I also make use of the virtual desktop system for apps in AC, makes it easy to switch between "mod dev mode", "try hard race mode" and "minimalist fun mode" :)

Would be nice to see some similar settings in ACC too.

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

True, and I hope the cars in ACC will have switchable display pages, with real data

GRFOCO likes this.