1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Competzione is PC only and no more development of AC officially confirmed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by DozUK, Mar 2, 2018.

1. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

http://bit.ly/2CSvwHG

Dark days ahead for the console community

Assetto Corsa Competizione – Community FAQ Blog
    Last week, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games unveiled Assetto Corsa Competizione to the world, our Official upcoming Blancpain GT Series game. The response has been overwhelming for the team and we’d like to first take this opportunity to say a HUGE thank you to everyone that sent us a positive message or expressed their excitement in one way or another – It means a lot to us!

Coming to Steam in the summer of 2018, Assetto Corsa Competizione will allow our community to experience the GT3 Series, where players will be able to compete against official drivers, teams and cars on circuits developed to the highest level of accuracy.

Since our announcement, you guys have absolutely flooded our community channels with questions. Instead of answering you all one by one, we opted to take the blog approach.

Let’s get started, shall we?

Community FAQ’s

What is Assetto Corsa Competizione?
    Assetto Corsa Competizione is our all-new racing simulation that reproduces the Blancpain GT Series Championship managed by SRO and based on the GT3 homologation. ACC is not an additional module or an extension of Assetto Corsa but a different, new and separate product altogether!

Is AC Competizione a spin-off of Assetto Corsa?
    Absolutely not! We are developing AC Competizione from scratch. It takes advantage of the Blancpain GT experience, know-how and data collection acquired while working on AC. However, AC Competizione is not AC featuring the Blancpain GT Series. It is a completely new game that will offer realistic car handling as well as new features and gameplay not seen before in our products.

Will AC Competizione be available on PC Steam only, or on console too?
    Right now, all our efforts are going into developing Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam, during Early Access.

Does AC Competizione use the UE4 Engine’s physics?
    AC Competizione will feature an evolution of the physics engine already used in Assetto Corsa, completely independent from UE4’s built in physics.

What is going to happen to Assetto Corsa now you’re working on Competizione?
    The game will continue to be available for purchase, servers for multiplayer and lobbies will be kept open and active for as long as people continue to play it. The game will not receive further updates now (It has now been 7 years since AC development started and 4 years from its 1.0 release) Our entire team is now focused on AC Competizione.

Why the Blancpain GT Series? What does make it so special?
    When we started to figure out what the new AC would have to be, we saw that -including AC- the current generation of racing games offers a huge variety of “generic” titles performing multiple race modes with any kind of cars. This usually results in finding a compromise in terms of score, racing rules, gameplay modes etc.

On the other side, very few games are dedicated to a specific race series that can be completely simulated in all its detail and, more importantly, can keep gamers focused.

Whenever we’ve asked the community for their opinion, GT racing was always on the top of their wish list, and we found that the Blancpain GT Series fits the bill! Featuring Sprint races, endurance, night racing, driver swaps, official teams and drivers, these are exactly the things our fans asked for! Not to mention the best GT cars available, in their racing outfit, that results in lightness, handling, grip and brake power. Add to this formula the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, and you get the best thrilling GT racing series ever.

Will we see a day / night cycle in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
    Yes – Players will be able to race at any time of the day, thanks to a realtime, full day / night cycle.

What are the recommended system requirements for Assetto Corsa Competizione?
    Our minimum target specification is currently an i5-2500/AMD FX-8100 or equivalent, 4 GB RAM and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760. However, right now, it’s way too early to be more precise. Over time, we’ll be able to be more specific later as we continue to develop ACC. Therefore, if you are considering upgrading your hardware configuration, we strongly suggest you wait for our Early Access before upgrading.

Will Assetto Corsa Competizione be moddable? And will modders be able to port their work onto AC Competizione?
    Assetto Corsa’s structure was designed from the beginning to be moddable. Being developed with UE4, AC Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa. Also, our team does not have enough experience with UE4 to tackle both the development a brand-new game and the challenges of supporting an open platform in the time frame available for this project.

We are fully aware of the importance of modding and its contribution to the success of Assetto Corsa. It’s a great way for new talents to emerge, for the community to “suggest” new directions and/or simply to make a product richer. It is not a coincidence that some of the best community members are now contributing with us to the evolution of the software.

However, for ACC this element will have to be put in stand-by mode for a series of reasons. The most important one is that we have given ourselves an enormous task of rebuilding, once again our software from (almost) scratch. In a world where pretty much, every product you see on the market in simracing is an evolution of games that have been on the market 10-15 years ago, our approach is to get a big axe and reset things to (almost) zero before starting with a new project. ACC is no exception.

In this case the task is rendered more complex by the fact that we are using, for the first time a third party engine that we did not design ourselves and the truth is, given the amount of time we have available to deliver ACC to the public, we have more than enough on our hands trying to figure out how to use the engine effectively to also think about how to make the platform moddable.

As you can imagine, this has been source of endless discussions in the last year and half as every decision comes with pros and cons, there is going to be pain no matter what your final call will be. It goes without saying that we believe we made the right call even if that means losing the huge benefits of a moddable platform.

We know this might not cover everything, but over time we will continue to answer your most frequently asked questions! Once again, we want to thank our community for the outpour of support you’ve shown us since our announcement last week. We absolutely cannot wait to tell you more about Assetto Corsa Competizione in the near future!

[​IMG]
    Antonela

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Bigpedross likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto corsa Competzione Not Launching Sep 26, 2019
    Suggestions P4/5 Competzione M (2012) Nov 24, 2013
    ACC General Discussions What happened to the development of ACC? Aug 25, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Future ACC development and DLC May 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Apologies to the AC community & the Kunos development team Mar 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI Development Question (Re-Posted due to lock) Mar 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI Development Question Mar 19, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Early development of apps offline? Oct 12, 2017
    Suggestions A chance to influence the development of Assetto Corsa 2.0... May 31, 2017
    Console Lounge Console development conference (Video+Transcript) Apr 13, 2017
    Console Lounge A few things about the console development process.. Apr 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Before ending the development of the Assetto Corsa 1? Mar 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ai Development 2017 Dec 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room So after 3 years of development the AI still can't pass slower cars??? Nov 25, 2016
    3D car models Porsche 550A RS Spyder now in development May 14, 2016

3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Man, calm down and don't get such risky conclusions.

Lord Kunos just recently said the UI of ACC has been created having in mind the port to consoles. Right there she says "Right now, all our efforts are going into developing Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam, during Early Access.". That doesn't mean consoles wont get ACC.

About the "console development it's over". The same CM that has written that post is asking in another thread what bugs are still on the console version. There aren't good signs that the console development will keep on going until most of the bugs and features missing from PC are finished. But saying that the console development it's over it's, again, a risky conclusion.

4. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

In the complete text nothing says that Assetto Corsa Competizione don't gonna be ported to console .

" our efforts are going into developing Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam, during Early Access."

The only thing that that they say is that the first effort of the team is developing the game during the early access.

An early access only gives the PC users to be part of the development process giving very valuable feedback to the team "working" as testers.

Once the early access ends and the game goes into the final release (1.0) then surely kunos will announce the port of the game to the consoles.

Same thing happened with the original Assetto, it was available in early access in 2013 but oficialy launched in 2014.

About the support of the original game, well yes, it ended on PC version,.

For consoles I'm pretty sure that at least one update more will come together with the complete edition release adding the missing special events and some more fixes ..

5. magzire

magzire Alien

Consoles = Money
    So if kunos like money, you can bet your *** it's coming

Roushman624 and Traks1 like this.
  6. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Im very calm thanks.

Just readint between the lines.

I dont expect any new developments consolewise for a good long time if ever.

I say dark times as ive enjoyed AC being updated and evolving. Its going to be static for a good while guys.

I admire your optimism, but i reckon you'll be playing nothing new with regard to AC for a very long time

Kriig likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You are aware that the console port team is independent from the pc development?

SlimCharles likes this.
  8. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Its their blog that says all their resources.

Anyhoo they had a very good opportunity with that blog to put people straight. They even addressed the question. Make of that what you will

9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

How long do we have Assetto Corsa on console ...form August 2016 if I'm not wrong until now so this will be 19 months and they already abandon the ship for console players .
    Ok .. perhaps they will still fix some bugs but really that's it ! mama mia
    Where is the promise that you have made when you promoted your game to us with the words " CONSOLE WILL BE EQUALLY TO THE PC " Assetto port console ?
    My trust you will have for the next product you will lounge on console oooo yes .
    Anyway ..in the mean time lets play Assetto Corsa the one and only race game equally to pc .

10. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Forgot about the special events. If an update will arrive to fix the Celica, Giulia etc. etc., then i hope those will be included too.

11. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

To be honest,i have almost zero interest in Assetto Corsa Competizione,and i'm really not going to cry if it doesn't come out on consoles.

Sure,it would be very interesting to see day/night cycle and weather effects done by a high quality studio such as Kunos.That is the only reason my interest is a bit over zero.But i'm one of those "generic" multi car classes the blog mentions about.Having a game with just a couple of cars and tracks is not really appealing to me.GT class is highly popular and i'm sure it will sell well once the game reaches the market,but lets face it,what will ACC offer that PCars2 doesn't offer right now in terms of content?Maybe some missing tracks yes,but essentially the same cars, and PCars already has dynamic weather and day/night cicle.Is having real driver's names attached to a car so important that justifies the purschase of a new game?

Hey Hugo,you're forgetting about how much better the FFB is when it's done by Kunos's guys!
    No,i'm not.For good FFB i already have a game.Assetto Corsa.Which,thankefully,has many more to choose from than just the dozen GT3 cars ACC will have.

Maybe ACC will feature a great career mode like F1 Codemasters?Perhaps,and that alone would make 50% of the game for me (the other 50% would be weather and the cycles).But even with a nice career mode or challenges,ACC will offer in it's 100% state just 20% of what PCars and current AC offers.

I still think it was a great move by KS to get the Blancpain license.Hell,it was one heck of a move!But i think that pushes off as many players as the ones it grabbs.F1 Codemasters works really well because the cars and the tracks are exclusive to that title.Will a game that 80% of it's content can be found in pretty much any other racing title be more sucessfull than it's predecessor AC?That,i think,is one of the reasons ACC will not come to consoles.Yes,that's were the big money is,but will someone that owns Forza,Gran Turismo,Pcars or AC buy a game because of a dozen cars already presented in this titles?I know i wouldn't.

12. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Like I said,..i expect that the special events of the bonus pack 3 and fixes like the car glitches will come with the launch of the "assetto Corsa complete edition" In April.

I also think that now it's the best moment to report in a thread all bugs / glitches / typos that are still in the game... Because at least we see moving the devs with the latest hotfixes and listening to the community

I prefer to see the glass half full instead half empty :p

DatNoiseV12 and Traks1 like this.
  13. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Correct. I cannot imagine that the 505 peeps would have invested quite so heavily in Kunos if all they were planning to do in the future was cater to the PC market.

14. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

If that was the case then why not announce it as happening or if the big money was with consoles why no target it first over PC as that would make financial sense?

15. magzire

magzire Alien

Cause PC are the beta testers

16. Mad Dog Pagan

Mad Dog Pagan Rookie

Well I have been quite eloquent in posts about being ripped off by both a defective game and bad DLC on xbox one. Their blog was very direct and for Kunos at least communication! The bad news is there is NO reading between the lines and there is NO glass half full/empty, they threw the glass in the trash! What you have is it, there will be NOTHING more and they said EXACTLY THAT! DONE! The Complete Edition is done and in the can I'm betting bugs and all. They have moved on and we paid for it. Even the bug reporting website has been closed at 505.

DozUK likes this.
  17. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

You beta test your target audience,

18. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Thank you , thats more or less what i said in my original post after reading the article. Its very clear and direct.

Its was an opportunity for them to stop ambiguity very easily but chose not to.

Maybe they're unclear on far future plans and are hesitant to commit but one thing is clear. Consoles wether the money is there ot not is not their target audience. Theyre chasing a revenue stream that theyre comfortable with and good luck to them with that.

19. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Really? That doesn't sound promising.. unless they decided to close it down because, in all honesty, it was kinda useless. There should be never be middlemen between users and developers.

20. DozUK

DozUK Gamer

Nothing from that blog sounds promising if you are a console owner

21. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Personally, i don't really care about Competizione because I'm not a fan of gt3 cars. I would just like to see another update to fix some graphics/gameplay issues and then they can call it a day.

Kriig likes this.