1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

English summary of Marco Massarutto interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShredatorFIN, Feb 22, 2018.

1. TTM

TTM Alien

miky and pippo10 like this.
  2. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The interview ( along with everything else in the past ) shows that Kunos are smart and know what they're doing. I never saw anyone mention this but the interview reminded me, in the Brands Hatch screen shot there were no 2d trees :). The foliage looks good.

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

4. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

Google Chrome has a neat translation feature, translating into the English language works really well. For me the most interesting answers of Marco were the following (spoiler alert: SPARKS!)

Eurogamer: What other features do you expect to implement from a graphical point of view?Will the Unreal Engine have limitations on the VR support or triple screen?
    Marco Massarutto: The EU4 particle system allows you to efficiently simulate a large number of effects: from drops to rain spray, to sparks, and more.Trees, vegetation and public will be animated and in 3D and the circuits will include different contour elements, which will make the racing environments much more alive and immersive.It is one of the aspects on which we have changed our approach compared to the past, opting for the kind of "staging" that the public thinks can be found in a circuit and that derives mainly from what he sees on TV during F1 and MotoGP races. .Regarding VR and triple screen, considering the excellent support offered by UE4, many features are still under study.Let's not forget that it's a constantly evolving engine and in Epic they have all the

Eurogamer: If the license covers all the cars and all the tracks of the official Blancpain GT championship, does that mean that Bentley and Aston Martin and Jaguar will arrive, as well as the already well-simulated cars in Assetto Corsa?So we can expect also the laserscan versions of Zolder, Paul Ricard, Misano and Budapest?
    Marco Massarutto: AC Competizione is the official game of the GT Series, for which it will include all the cars, the teams, the drivers, the liveries and the circuits of the seasons that we are going to reproduce, including the models and tracks you mention, for which the use of laserscan is a must.In addition, depending on the driver chosen, you can participate in individual races and Sprint or Endurance championships.

Eurogamer: About Endurance, how do you plan to manage situations closely related to this type of competitions such as driver changes and mechanical failures?
    Marco Massarutto: For now we can confirm that the driver change has been scheduled for singleplayer and multiplayer events, but we are still defining many features that will be presented at the right time.

Eurogamer: Assetto Corsa, thanks to your continuous support, has confirmed a solid and constantly growing simracing platform.The Assetto Corsa Competizione multiplayer will remain free or do you plan to introduce it as a paid service with additional features?
    Marco Massarutto: We consider multiplayer as something that is part of the experience, it is the very essence of the "Competition": therefore, at the moment we have not considered paying it, and personally I would tend to exclude it from happening.

Eurogamer: The next summer will start the Early Access on Steam: will be open to all or only a small number of people?What content will it have at launch?
    Marco Massarutto: The Early Access will be open to everyone: we have several ideas on what should be and how it will be evolved to get to version 1.0, but these details will be revealed later.An important thing is that we will publish in advance a very clear and complete roadmap that will schedule the different releases, to allow the public to clearly understand what they can expect and in what timescale.

Ischemica, Whitestar, Serge M and 7 others like this.
  5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Google did a reasonable translation for me.

Edit - beaten to it.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I would've been very surprised to see "2D" trees right next to the track with the new graphics engine.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I quite like this part, if the translation doesn't fail me.
    @mantasisg 2

Ischemica, Whitestar, Dookie and 5 others like this.
  9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Nice WIP screenshot. Kind of seems like mist is going to be affected by light also and lights and reflections can be blindingly bright. Serves to make night racing every bit as challenging as it really is.

[​IMG]

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Holy crap that looks good. :eek: And holy crap that looks like it won't run in my triple screens, without dropping detail or upgrading PC :D

luchian and Epistolarius like this.
  11. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Oh kool finally something some talk towards the liquid stuff. I like it. I see Marco already is trying to promote rain racing, encouraging people. Thats a good thing, I think it has to be attractive, otherwise it is going to be very disappointing when people just will act like unorganized people in masses act... The GT3 cars should be perfect choice to introduce many people to this new challenge, very balanced cars, lots of downforce, and rain tires... With mildly wet track, and high temps it really shouldn't be very bad with correct tire, I suppose. Watching GT3 rain videos, they really looks quite fun in the rain, a bit twitchy, still quite high grip.. then there is also TC... But when those drivers fail to judge changed conditions, or change tires in time they fail one after another.

However GT3s also has downsides for wet weather. Wide and low - bottom out hydroplaning is possible, wide tire - wide tire will more likely hydroplane. They are stiff - also not very good for wet. Very powerful, but has TC and ABS... I think there would be many cars more enjoyable in wet conditions, such as Alfa Romeo GTA - not too powerful, narrow tires, predictable and drivable over the limit, soft.

Marco says that they are developing more enjoyable and less frustrating wet driving. So I suppose there won't be "viscous hydroplaning" which will mean no smooth surfaces thin film of water effect. Probably limited "dynamic hydroplaning", so maximum water levels will not be very high, puddles will be symbolic I suppose, with minimum dynamic hydroplaning, and whole track wont get flooded because they red flag them anyway, afaik. There probably will not be very low temps as well. But oh well, can't wait to see. But it would be very understandable if ACC will not go into extremes of wet weather. It would just upset the most. :( I would love it.

Nice screenshot btw, I have modified it, to see how it would be with "new moon" phase
    [​IMG]

12. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Ahhhh It's a Starry Night :)

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Wow, stunning realism.

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

There better be umbrellas when it rains and people running to cover when it pours.

We tackled balloons, trees, sparks, fireworks, but do we need to wait for AC2 to get umbrellas when it rains? Literally unplayable.

15. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

Mistake in translation or more than just the 2018 season?

16. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Well they could always keep the Blancpain seasons up to date with 2019 skin packs etc.

But wow those new screenshots look amazing.

Probably gonna require beast of PC to get it run at full glory.

But it sure looks incredible.

17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It does say that so the translation is correct. But im wondering if it was just a slip of the tongue and miss worded.

18. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

that's one reason why they didnt want rain in AC1, because they thought false about it years ago. :D Good to know :)

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I'm sure rain is like 50 shades of grey, I haven't read that thing, but I suppose it is something like going from gentle to very rough lol

Dry conditions also is not the same shade, there are "dusty, old, green, fast, optimum" grip settings. If same would be presented for wet conditions then it would be, I guess: flooded, flooded/wet, wet, wet/damp, damp. And then of course depending if it is drying or raining more. Also what is is the temperature and if the sun is shining.... Wind also has huge impact for drying, helps a lot. But tose are extra miles, very extra stuff.

I suppose if there would be some kind of "ceiling" type wetness settings, then extreme settings wouldn't be used by the most, but gentle settings could be popular, I guess. Especially wet to dry transition, I'm am very fascinated to keep learning about ACC rain related features, what is in and what is not, very interested.

I guess many more simracers are very interested in weather, mostly rain in ACC. However my thread which I have dedicated to that, is at the very bottom of this sub-forum, net very happy about that.

@Shaddix the main reason, I think, was that rain and related features would have been HUGE additional load for devs, and also more demanding for systems to run, that could have meant worse performance or graphics, or both. Also rain is considered unwanted thing for many racers, so same should apply to simracers. But AFAIK best drivers loves racing in rain, it means something, also worth to mention that they are usually in front (spray lol).

20. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I'm very interested in and excited about day-to-night time transitions but weather gets a bit of a "meh" from me. It will be fun for a laugh from time to time but not something I'll want to use very often. I can see how some will be excited for it though.