1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Optimal Tire Pressure and Temperature

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by TheMiz44, Apr 24, 2017.

1. TheMiz44

TheMiz44 Rookie

Thank WallyM for this! He has created an app on the PC some of you may know, Tire Pressure Engineer. Within the app, he uses a lot of cool stuff to help drivers get more out of their car. If you are on the PC side of Assetto Corsa, I recommend checking his stuff out. The downside to this is that we on the console cannot use apps to help us so we are guessing at a lot of stuff. Some are good guessers and some are not :). To get the most out of the tire in Assetto Corsa there is an optimum pressure as well as an optimum temperature. The lovely PC guys know this and they use it a lot but since we cannot dive into the game, we can't, until now. A few of y'all may have already figured this out but I know most haven't found these files. Drum roll please... Here they are.

This file is currently for 1.13 on the PC which means it is for 1.13 on Xbox and 1.14 on Playstation but we are still on 1.12 and 1.13 respectively. Wally has said that the only differences is added cars so it should still be valid on our current version. Within the files, be careful because you can physically change the numbers accidentally and I promise, it won't change them in game ;). Another thing to look out for is that the car names are in alphabetical order, partially. Some of the cars have "ks" before them. I have no idea what that means but that isn't why we are there. Last but not least, the pressures are next to the compound they are associated with and give the ideal pressures for all four corners of the car HOT. The temperatures are associated with each axle and show the minimum and maximum range of optimum temperature.

Keep in mind, this isn't going to drop your times significantly, however it will give you all of the potential grip from the tire. Again, this is from WallyM so be sure to check his stuff out. Enjoy!

P.S. I am currently in the process of getting access to this after every update, but we have some time before it will need to be updated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Bazilews, olevet, GhostMan and 14 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Optimal Tire pressure still 27.4-27.8? Sep 11, 2021
    ACC User Interface Optimal Fov for curved monitor Mar 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Optimal settings for sensible variable weather Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Physics Optimal brake temp specifics? Nov 9, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [1.7.5]ENG message for "slicks are optimal" is too early Mar 4, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Optimal Oculus Quest 2 VR Settings Nov 29, 2020
    ACC Physics Aston V8 Optimal Tyre Pressures Nov 12, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TM T150 optimal FFB setting Jul 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Brakes: Optimal temperature Jun 3, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer How to set track condition to optimal? Feb 6, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Optimal Settings for Thrustmaster T-GT Jun 21, 2019
    XBox One Discussions MX5 CUP (ideal) optimal tyre pressures Jul 25, 2017
    Console Lounge Optimal FOV Discussion May 22, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues SF15-T Optimal Shift Points Sep 6, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Optimal shift calculator Jul 26, 2016

3. ESC tonin

ESC tonin Hardcore Simmer

Some great informations here, thanks.

It sometimes seems impossible to reach ideal pressures and ideal temperatures at the same time. Tires will be at right temp but under inflated or at ideal pressure but cold. What is the most important thing? Temperatures or pressures?

valentinihle likes this.
  4. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

As long as the tires aren't extremely cold I always go for pressures over temperature. If the tires are way too cold at optimal pressures then I will compromise the pressures by a psi or two to help increase the temperatures.

Some of the harder compounds like on the 911 Cup you just have to suffer with tires under temp and under pressure for a few laps until the core temperature builds up.

ESC tonin likes this.
  5. So just to be clear, the temperatures given... are these the ideal pressures that should be when you put it in on the setup screen, cold? Or are these pressures at which the tires must be when the tires are all warmed up?

6. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Warmed up

alternatingcurrent likes this.
  7. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

ks stands for kunos simulazioni. that's official content.

8. TheMiz44

TheMiz44 Rookie

That's what I figured, but I didn't know for sure and I didn't want to assume. If that is official content, what does that make the other cars?

9. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

some are mods (caterham, r8 gordini, honda s800 etc.).
    the others (500, bmw 1m, m3, z4 gt3 etc.) are, if i'm not mistaken, the cars that were released with the base game (version 1.0). when the first dlc arrived, kunos started using the "ks_" prefix to make sure people knew it was official content.

10. TheMiz44

TheMiz44 Rookie

Ahh good to know. Thanks!

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  11. tedd60ga

tedd60ga Gamer

If I read this correctly, you are describing a downloadable ap for AC PC users .... right? Great. I could use a little help. I did a bit of a search, but couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

paul_wev likes this.
  12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

MrDeap and paul_wev like this.
  13. tedd60ga

tedd60ga Gamer

Got it. Thanks Wally!

14. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Gamer

Hi !! any chance us console users can get a link to this, I can't access the section of the forum which allows me to view it. I did manage to obtain an older version from somewhere, which I have been using, however most of the newer content like the Ferrari pack etc aren't on it. Would be much appreciated if you could help out, thanks ? :)

svenvangent and Dawgpaws11 like this.
  15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1244.0

16. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Gamer

Hi Wally thanks for that. Unfortunately as a console user I can only view the "Console Lounge" section of the forum, so when I click on the link I get an error. Any chance this can be copied into the console lounge, or is there some other way I can access it?

Sorry for messing you about ;)

17. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That link is to our league forum. You can download the app there, no matter what your platform ;)

18. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Gamer

But I can't access your league forum, it won't grant me access??

19. thurlesdrunk

thurlesdrunk Rookie

I'm also having the same problem

20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What does it say? That's news to me... it's a publicly accessible forum.

21. Dawgpaws11

Dawgpaws11 Racer

Correct. it does send back to your league, but then there you post a link back to the Assetto Corsa forum message which has the attachment but being only console players we cannot download the attachment. Could you post the updated attachment here??

Thanks Wally