1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

English summary of Marco Massarutto interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ShredatorFIN, Feb 22, 2018.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Good drivers will be excited :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

This comment:
    ...would suggest otherwise. :D Either that or there's no good drivers around here. :p

3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well, a lot of them might be excited for next challenges. But if they care about development, and tiny details about sophisticated effects of water is other question. Maybe no one is interested about "behind the curtains", it will just be fun and believable, or not. Many might find it unbelievable when laptimes in wet circuit will get slower by more than 10 seconds, or much more.

In my point of view simracing (circuit) without rain is like only half of it. Night is nasty too IMO, but it is mostly only visibility stuff. IRL life night is very annoying when windshield is scratched and/or dirty, and almost imposible to see when cars are coming towards you, their headlights are blinding and then almost all you can see is them and outside white line, and then if it is raining, very damp... saloon filter gets soaked, windshield starts getting very foggy... oh well lol thats tough, but none of that I would expect in sophisticated racing.

4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

I'm just here to drive (slowly). :D

5. Naer

Naer Gamer

I hope this is for the offline mode, I don't want to be "a driver", I want to be my self (real names on online please, not nicknames). Also custom liveries like GT Sports or Forza would be nice to have, at least something like iRacing with an external app (tradingpaints is amazing, the best thing on iRacing, and is free xD) to sync liveries before race.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Weather will allow a proper simulation of the real life season, say it it rained for quali IRL then the quali for that round can be simulated the same, this is cool and accurate

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Dealing with changing weather conditions is a big part of racing, and also interesting when it comes down to decisions like whether to change to wets or stay on slicks. Simulating that adds a good deal of interest for me.

Darcy Callai Junior and LeDude83 like this.
  8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

These are both accurate statements but that doesn't mean I need to like rain or be excited about it. :) Doesn't bother me in the least if other people are excited about it nor am I against having it included, just not something I personally plan to use very much. Day-to-night transitions is what has me the most excited. :)

WallyM likes this.
  9. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I wonder if there will be random weather option, because thats exactly how it would be the most realistic.

MsportDAN likes this.
  10. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Real time weather would be the most exciting for me. Having to keep a close eye on the up to date forecast and guessing at which tires to use or change to in the pits would be quite exciting based on real information. A game integrated official weather app would be great:cool:

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

You mean acquiring real life present day weather data? If you saw RDs interview part 2, they discussed this... and it's not realistic, Marco was in Hungaroring 2 weeks ago, and they had to reschedule laser scanning because there was snow. Races of Blancpain are not held in snow. So if you play the game in winter months, there should be always cold, possibly ice and snow. Which is not realistic, the whole idea of picking weather from Internet IRL data (like pCars 2 and Content Manager does it) is imo flawed from start. Blancpain GT is raced in summer/spring months, and it should not allow using winter months, because snow won't be even simulated (Marco said this in the video) and it's not realistic at all.

Should be randomized, based on that months (where the race is in Blancpain calendar, not the month we are currently living in) average weather records, in that climate/geographical location. And allow choosing (in case user/server wants to use a custom date) only months where race could really happen, for example only months inside Blancpain calendar. And then give forecast based on that (in game), but nothing to do with real present day forecasts. Connecting the two (current day IRL weather + some race circuit) was always illogical. I might work if everything was simulated (snow, ice.. in pCars 2 they are largely a gimmick) but even then, the Blancpain isn't in conditions like that

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  12. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

One reflexion I have about what they said of WEC: dieselgate screwed up (like one of the bosses of VW said) so many things at so many levels.

Im not gonna explain why there are so many other things that are much more important, because it's obvious. Just gonna say would have been a dream to have a WEC licensed game by Kunos.

13. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Not had a chance to read the whole thread, but I guess from the interview summary the physics and handling characteristics match or ideally exceed those of AC?

14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

C3PO likes this.
  15. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer