1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Hardcore racing expirience(visual and mechanical damage) POLL

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by D.Jankovic, Mar 9, 2018.

?

Would you like to get stuck in gravel trap or have tire`s punctures during your racing in ACC??

Poll closed May 9, 2018.
  1. Yes

79 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Option to toggle it on/off and chose your damage(mechanical, visual etc.)

90 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

For me it's always about the Option to have things, therefore I'd love to have Realistic type Damage in various forums and as much of that as Kunos or other Dev Teams can get into their game.
    Random Failures I would love to have, just watching any real life race you often see a driver get a puncture, head gasket failure, drop a cylinder, loss of power steering etc. So if they could be implemented alongside the Option to turn them On/Off then I don't see a problem at all, that way Server Admins can set up their League Races accordingly, Pick-Up Servers the same and Offline Racers again any which way they want. Full on 100% Real Life Realistic or Toned Down Arcade Style, the choice should be yours if it's worth the Devs time.

2. Turk

Turk Alien

We already have real world random failures in the form of dropped internet connections, computer crashes, power failures, wires becoming disconnected. :D

Tim Meuris, MABlosfeld, Tberg and 7 others like this.
  3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

I´d totally sigh, go have a leak and be waiting for the tow truck :)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I loved the tire punctures in LFS

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Very valid point. We always have chances of random issues and failures, they just come in a different form. Can think of power outage, internet drop, pc crash as a random catastrophic car failure (engine, gearbox, etc). Then there are the smaller and possibly fixable issues, like wheel problems or issues with brake/throttle (anyone with Fanatec CSP V2 would know all about this). New drivers causing problems? Think of this as a random car gremlin that has shown up or the team didn’t prep the car well. Adding extra random failures is just not necessary.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I remember I used to burn clutch sometimes, or roll over. Those were most common reasons why I would get towed in LFS. There was a collision bug with modded in barriers in cruise servers, so it was not unusual to roll over, and in very spectacular way haha. Those cruise servers were rather interesting BTW. That one I used was way too much time draining though. It was like mega endurance, you had to drive A LOT to earn money to get better cars. Also there was police, and tow fines - they didn't help haha. Frustrating - but adding whole different dimension of meaning.

7. kikie

kikie Simracer

I chose "Yes" but I didn't read the three Poll options. If I had, I'd go for the third option instead of the first option.

This >>>>> Option to toggle it on/off and chose your damage(mechanical, visual etc.)

This solution is a very good "water by the wine" option and will make a lot of future ACC players happy. Being able to toggle damage ON/OFF is a democratic approche.

8. BBernes

BBernes Racer

Damage should of course always be on to prevent people making bumper car habits. 100% realistic damage prevents this and promotes better driving standards.

I personally am against random failures but overheating due to expensive drafting or major curb hopping are to be expected during a race.

MABlosfeld, Typer and SlimCharles like this.
  9. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Simracer

Damage doesn't prevent anything, it simply imposes punishment on those who drive recklessly, but it also brings punishment on their innocent victims and upon people who make errors in judgment and their innocent victims as well.

kofotsjanne, Minolin and D.Jankovic like this.
  10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Indeed. If you cannot absolutely rule out that some people will attempt dangerous things then there is an argument for having damage a bit lower to prevent the innocent party from sustaining a race ending incident.

I have had only a handful of SRS races where I was mechanically destroyed amd unable to even drive back to pits to repair, out of about 230 race starts. Maybe half of these my fault.

But if damage was at realistic levels I would probably have had 50-60 DNFs due to other peoples stupidity wiping me out. If that was the case I probably would have got pissed off by now and stopped racing there.

(I think in SRS damage is at about 70-80 of max levels)

Johnnypenso likes this.
  11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I can see where he's coming from. Done right (and optional) it could make races/championships a lot more interesting. Problem is the doing right part, and time invested into it possibly not being worth the return.

SlimCharles and mESCx like this.
  12. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

I’m up for full damage, explosions and gravel traps doing what they are designed to do. I want the occasional streaker, many levels of weather and no toggle on/off.

I’m completely on the you pay for your mistakes band wagon and feel random breakdowns are really not needed.

If I want arcade assists I got a whole library of games to chill on.

I understand it’s not everyone’s idea of a sim but I’ve always been a all or nothing type of guy and I know my ideas won’t help sell games to the casual crowd.

MABlosfeld, chksix and RSR2KX like this.
  13. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

The gravel one makes sense.

The punctures, I'd say yes on three conditions.
    1 - if ACC has a very intuitive and easy way to invoke the PIT menu and chose what you want to do in the pits (Like R3E)
    2 - only if the track simulates and displays debris on track after a crash. Random punctures rarely occur when theres no crashes.
    3 - Driver mistake (overheating, touching barriers etc).

If its something that just happens at random like a lottery, im not up for it.

MABlosfeld likes this.
  14. MABlosfeld

MABlosfeld Rookie

After reading all the posts I came to a conclusion, everyone here wants the same thing but in different ways. The problem is having all the different options in the same package without messing up the other's desire and compromising the end result.
    Maybe, I said maybe the solution is to have only 2 multiplayer modes:
    1) Custom: here the player can configure and change everything, all options are available, you can create totally customized races according to your preferences, likes and desires.
    2) Default: here all things are already set up to try to replicate real-life conditions.

hristo1026 likes this.
  15. lthull

lthull Rookie

A realistic damage model will promote realistic driving behavior. It won't make the racing as clean as real-life, because lets face it, we are not as good as real pro drivers, but the online racing will lean more towards professionalism. If people can play bumper cars and get away with it, they will.

On a different note, I'm not sure what you meant by it so I don't want to sound harsh, but can we please not refer to anybody playing a video game as a "victim?" Regardless of the damage model or rules set the developers employ, every race is going to its winners and losers, and there will always be another chance to redeem a previous bad experience.

Kristaps and chksix like this.
  16. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

Running over debris, running a tire past it's limits (taking softs too long, wets on the dry) sure.

Random non player caused engine failure, not really.