1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Heavy brake pedal affecting lap time ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by richard thompson, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Hi folks will having a heavy brake pedal affect your lap time ? I'm using fanatic clubs port v2s has anybody got any good setting suggestions for the pedal and the ingame assetto settings . Ta :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Heavy front graining with 296 GT3 May 1, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 vibrating and heavy when stationary May 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Strange Championship Mode race results when in heavy rain Oct 16, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC heavy CPU usage after update 1.5 Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Physics Lap times in heavy rain compared to real life Apr 22, 2020
    ACC Physics Zandvoort - very heavy bump Apr 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Heavy wobble in my thrustmaster rgt while stationary and in motion Mar 14, 2020
    ACC Physics FFB effect when hitting wall (or other car pretty heavy) Dec 20, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Heavy stuttering 6 minutes into Quickrace, 1.0.4 beta Jun 14, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freeze after heavy crash with AI cars Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Heavy Performance Drop with 0.6 Update Mar 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Hotstint Paul Ricard + BMW M6 + Heavy Rain Dec 14, 2018
    ACC Physics Heavyweight AI cars deter close racing Oct 7, 2018
    Bug reports Heavy center spring on Fanatec CSW 2.5 Jul 26, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec CSW 2.5 super heavy “center spring” Jan 7, 2018

3. Yes, it will likely affect it (to a point). Personally, it slows me down on the brakes a bit, but it's more realistic than being able to brake with the exact same maximum force every time. If you look at real telemetry, the max brake pressures achieved per braking zone can vary greatly depending on a number of factors. There's no maximum in real life (unless you have a pressure blow-off valve which is practically unheard of) as any extra force always means extra pressure. That's not the case in sims so you have to trade speed for realism.

As for the CSPs, use a relatively light pedal if you want the load cell to last any appreciable amount of time...I've gone through three of them.

richard thompson likes this.
  4. Thanks for such a concise answer . I bodybuild and my pedal strength was near max lol I had to really press the pedal thru the floor in heavy braking zones so I'm thinking maybe it's a bit much lol .

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’m using the same pedals with an upgraded shock. Load cell is set fairly light as they are sitting unmounted on the floor and I use them with socks (about 9 on the adjustment knob). Brake gamma in game is 2.41

Have found this prety good. If racing with shoes I would want more resistance. I have found that more resistance helps with being able to modulate the brake pedal but until I mount them I can’t really go too much heavier

6. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

You can move the brake pin up a notch on the V2s. It reduces the lever action on the load cell and you can then run it at a much lower setting and give it a longer life with still more foot force needed than the highest setting on the original pin hole. It also removes the weird soft too big deadzone at the top. I use it so that I have a hard time reaching 100% and so that my lower back is on the edge of hurting after long sessions. It's what seems to be giving me the best laptimes. Make sure gamma is 1.00 in the AC menu.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Why gamma to 1.00?

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

So it's linear, no reason not to be for load cells.
    Just adjust max force in driver to comfortable level, no reason to go crazy there. Invest into some racing shoes if you haven't yet.

LeSunTzu, Schnipp and Mike Kadlcak like this.
  9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I found the gamma helps with trail braking a bit. Brake pedal is a fairly personal preference thing so it comes down to what you are use to and comfortable with.

10. Brakes should be linear, don't use additional gamma - it makes very little sense to do so.

I actually ended up trying this but found there was too much play in the pedal before it reached the load cell (might be a way to adjust this but I never attempted to).

LeSunTzu likes this.
  11. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Gamer

Yea gamma is for old pedals with no load cell. If you have a load cell use gamma 1.0.

Also for older 270deg wheels the steering gamma helps those too not to be so twitchy at the center. If you have a 900+deg wheel use gamma 1.0 again.

gamma 1.0 means linear.

LeSunTzu likes this.
  12. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Weird, the hole above the default one should have less play, not more. It's what it did here, I was actually worried load cell would always see something with such little play but it's just right.

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Most load cells always see something, you need to adjust deadzones in driver or DIView

14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Try it, you'll figure. :D

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Think if I change it now I’ll be locking the brakes all over the place

16. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Are you getting original replacements or 3rd party sellers?

17. "Original replacements" are made in China (for bathroom scales) and sold to Fanatec, who then resells them at a ridiculous price. I've been getting replacements from a third party seller who used to work for Fanatec. The load cells are historically quite fragile - this isn't the intended use for them.

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What’s ridiculously expensive? Just had a look and Fanatec in Australia charge all of $30 for a replacement. Doesn’t really scream “iPhone accessories pricing” to me

19. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

If load cell costs them around 5$ then 30$ is expensive no?

But that's absolutely fine for me. People buying parts with big markup are helping Fanatec sell everything else at a lower price.

20. You can buy a four pack (minus plugs) on Amazon for $10 with free shipping. It would cost me $40 to get a replacement from Fanatec last time I checked.

21. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No doubt you can get it cheaper if you are happy sorting the plug yourself. Just had a look on the US site, $20. Far from unreasonable