1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Car list with full transmission details

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by sula_rob, Apr 2, 2018.

1. sula_rob

sula_rob Rookie

Hi all,

I’ve seen the various car lists that list the cars’ details such as manual or sequential transmission (with interesting details such as dual clutch, dogleg etc) but what I’m looking for is one that identifies if a sequential car is a paddle shift or a sequential ‘nudge’ type.

Off the top of my head, I think the only ones I know of that use a nudge sequential in the game are the Porsche GT1, Maserati MC12 GT1, Tatuus FA01, Lotus Evora GX / GTC, BMW M3 GT2 & Ferrari 458 GT2. That can’t be all, surely?

I only want to know specifically about official cars and the console version, please, not mod stuff. I have all PS4 DLC.

I have a Fanatec wheel base with paddles & a Clubsport Shifter SQ, so have all three options available & like to use as close to the real life setup as possible (although RHD).

I really wish that when you choose a car in the menu it told you the IRL transmission method. Currently, unless you intimately know the car, you can’t find out what transmission you’re meant to use until you get into the cockpit & wait to see what your driver does! Sometimes I forget & it puts me off bothering with new cars I haven’t used before.

Or am I missing this info in game somewhere?

Cheers

Rob

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018

2. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

Here bud,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jJT8fAu8R3gRGmvrLwgJTgiKqD0/edit?usp=drivesdk

uff_ and GTR365 like this.
  3. sula_rob

sula_rob Rookie

Thanks, man. I’ve seen this but the problem is it doesn’t differentiate sequential cars with a separate push / pull shift & paddle shifts.

Cheers

Rob

4. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

Oh ok I missed that part, as you said unless you're in cockpit view and start driving it looks like there's no way to determine whether it is paddle or push/ pull sequential shifting, at least on consoles.

5. sula_rob

sula_rob Rookie

So, any advance on the following as being the only non-paddle sequential cars in the game?

I reckon Porsche GT1, Maserati MC12 GT1, Tatuus FA01, Lotus Evora GX / GTC, BMW M3 GT2 & Ferrari 458 GT2.

Cheers

Rob

6. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 form #62 WHL challenge rings bell.

7. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

As far as I know the game, I mean sim, will only let you use the correct shift if you have it set to use H pattern. The Tatus is a sequential stick shift. You can’t use H pattern but the drivers hands leave the wheel when shifting.

8. sula_rob

sula_rob Rookie

That’s right, but it won’t obviously stop you using paddles. When you have a sequential car, both paddles & sequential shifter will work but it’s a shame the sim doesn’t tell you in any other way if it’s a sequential shift or paddle shift.

The reason I wanted to know is that I’ve finally managed to make my CSS SQ work properly, so wanted to know which games I could use its sequential mode with. And I like that method of shifting as it’s a very different, unique challenge to paddles & H pattern. I like using it in my real BMW car too.

Will try the GT4, though I thought that was paddle shift.

Rob

Jon Legg likes this.
  9. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

No it won’t stop you using paddles for a sequential stick. I always drive from the drivers eye view, you can usually see what type of shift is being used. If he takes a hand off the wheel and it won’t let me use H pattern It’s a sequential stick.

10. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

You can see it in overview video in beginning
    www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/weekly-hotlap-66-lotus-2-eleven-gt4.48920/

P.s. My bad it's not too clear, but article below confirms it

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  11. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

12. fantomas76

fantomas76 Racer