1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC content

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by TheBoss, Feb 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. delpinsky

delpinsky Gamer

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the Ultracar GTOne Sports Club by SRO, which would be interesting as future DLC, for the racing fans who likes the street cars/hypercars.
    I'm replicating the Ultracar GTOne using half of the cars Assetto Corsa already have and half of the modded cars I found online and I have to admit it's fun! :D
    I'm sure this addition would be interesting for many as well as GT4/Pirelli World Challenge...

I hope sometimes in the future the community will be able to share ideas about possible DLCs. I know it's too early now, but you know we love AC and we are eager to see ACC coming to life :p

p.s.
    For the ones who want to replicate the Ultracar GTOne on AC, I put all the missing hypercars in this folder: DOWNLOAD
    http://ultracar-gt1.com/cars/

*the Aston Martin Vulcan needs ballast, if you use Content Manager
    **the Aston Martin One 77 comes in two versions. ad_am_one77 has longer gear ratios, which makes it the slowest car of the pack.
    I couldn't find any real info about the gear ratios online.

Automotive Supremacy likes this.
  2. Automotive Supremacy

Automotive Supremacy Hardcore Simmer

Hi,

According to Kunos, we will be getting all the current GT3 cars in the 2018 Blancpain series and looking deeper into it, I came up with a few questions.

Are the cars going to be all up to the 2018 spec?
    With potential possibility to use older models from original AC it seems like, judging from the trailer, the 488 is not Evo spec, or at least I don't notice the new spec parts on the model in the video.
    [​IMG]
    "it is a play of everything, the new bumpers, new diffuser and floor, new engine air entries and an improvement of the power train and exhaust system."
    [​IMG]

That question also comes about new Nissan GTR, which in 2018 received a massive update that included engine finally being lowered in it's place, which should significantly alter behavior of the car.
    Remembering that Kunos had license for M6 and potentially had a ready or half ready model, would it mean that it will be an original spec car or will it also come with the Evo package, which according to the drives made the car whole lot better, more predictable and consistent.

What about older model cars?
    There are several odd models in the Blancpain field still this year, such as Ferrari 458 Italia and Gallardo RE-X. It was said by Kunos thaat ALL cars from this ear will be added, but are this older ones also going to be included? (which I would personally be super thrilled about).
    Then there is a question about Emil Frey Jaguar, it was confirmed in an interview with Kunos that it is coming, but looking at this years entry list, Emil Frey racing team are no longer driving their car and entered with a couple of the new Luxus cars. (personally doesn't matter for me, I will be happy with the Aston, but still curious).

Bonus question.
    Safety car, if there is going to be one, I guess Kunos will have to model in a road version of R8. Would be cool if they made it derivable too :D

This is meant for people to discuss down below as well as for Kunos to use for blogs.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

There is already a thread roughly in the same topic, I'm merging with that (which also contains potential answers to some of your questions).

Try to be a bit more patient, upcoming teaser material will reveal the answers to most of these questions. The 458 Italia is not expected to appear in this season btw.
    The Emil Frey Jag is entered in 4 races this year, while the team has 2 permanent Lexus entries.

bgil66, SunBro, Epistolarius and 7 others like this.
  4. Automotive Supremacy

Thanx! I'm not expecting answers immediately, just putting questions out there and maybe that is something you guys would want to touch upon in a blog.

Come on Black Pearl, come on you guys can do it, you've got the budget, register for Blancpain :D

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  5. Automotive Supremacy

Btw are GT Sport Club series considered part of Blancpain GT or not, or more like if Kunos consider it? Those guys do have a lot of old cars.

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

And when are we expecting this teaser material? :)

magzire likes this.
  7. LightNMagic

LightNMagic Racer

Blancpain GT Monza this weekend, first endurance cup this season. Kunos, any plan?:rolleyes:

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id be surprised if they werent there but isnt Misano 22-24th of june where they will show ACC to the public for the first time and possibly early access not long after. ;)

MABlosfeld likes this.
  9. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

Not exactly, on Misano the Game will be playable ;)

Also Kunos show ACC already with the teaser trailer and the other screenshots :p :D

MABlosfeld likes this.
  10. Automotive Supremacy

[​IMG]
    So Ferrari is Evo spec, that's great. And the Porsche finally got proper headlights! I don't like those old ones, they looked like they were from the 80's :D

11. magzire

magzire Alien

Nice, where did this come from?

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I do like the old headlights exactly because they look kind of old school, more so than any other current Porsche cars. But racing drivers at night always wish for better lights so it only makes sense and the new look is pretty cool too. I believe (guess) the old lights are still a bit lighter (as in less mass) though.

14. Jordan Louis

Jordan Louis Gamer

The way the Pirelli sticker on the front fender curves with the 3D mesh of the Ferrari body is letting that picture down. If the 2D artist applies a slight opposing warp to adjust against the mesh it will look much better.

The Ferrari in the video above isn't perfect but the Pirelli decal has been adjusted so it bends slightly against the the mesh it is being applied on.

The video is old but I have come a very long way learning the metal detail behavior and skin map behavior. Color in the metal detail is void of depth, so I use that as a primer coat, for brighter colors, brighter shades of gray are used and vice versa. Adding as little as 2% of flake to the metal detail (for a gloss color) allows the paint to shift colors in the sun/shade (like a real car) without having any noticeable metallic properties.

The paint color itself is always done in the body template. The skin map should also contain a gray scale value for everything on the car, not just the paint. Each decal will have its own gloss level, vinyl, carbon, etc. This provides a very realistic behavior and is very noticeable in replays. Not sure if the same system is used in UE4 but I'd be happy to provide some textures or be willing to create a needed livery using my approach.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think it's safe to say none of the livery textures, materials, shaders, etc. are final.

bgil66 and marcocale like this.
  16. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

This is probably why Kunos isn't releasing more teaser images and trailers. If they show early alpha footage with models from AC as placeholders and stuff like that people already go mad about "Oh the cars aren't updated and they haven't replicated the liveries and it's not raining and the grass is not laserscanned" and so on.

On the good side, judging by that picture it seems like the graphics during the day on dry weather won't be too much more taxing than AC1, for night and rain that's a different subject.
    Also, I see what looks like marbles there, so Dynamic Track grip? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

17. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thanks for the suggestions but we are using a completely different method.
    Our 2D artist will also put more effort into the actual liveries, what you see there is a plain red placeholder.

18. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Those are just the lights for the big 24h races (Spa and Nürburgring), in all other races they're still using the normal ones.

19. Automotive Supremacy

I thought these were just VLN lights. Anyway, I doubt Kunos are going too model both.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Regarding content how cool would it be if ACC came with all the support categories. ;)

All-star supporting cast confirmed for Blancpain GT Series in 2018
    6 February 2018[​IMG]
    • Multiple support categories announced for each Blancpain GT Series event

• Both GT and single-seater championships represented

• Packed schedule for momentous 70th edition of the Total 24 Hours of Spa

The Blancpain GT Series has confirmed an impressive line-up of support events ahead of what promises to be an action-packed 2018 season

https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...ast-confirmed-for-blancpain-gt-series-in-2018