1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robin_NL, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals how can i set up thrustmaster T80 Ferrari 488 wheels on Assetto Corsa? Dec 28, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Cota | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 2:04.902 Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 GT3 2018 skins Aug 24, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Donington | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:26.430 Aug 13, 2022
    ACC Physics Impossible to drive Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO in Imola May 26, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 GT3 pit limiter screen May 10, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO - 1:33.227 May 7, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 488 Challenge - 2:02.522 Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 488 Challenge Custom Liveries Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC 1.8 | Laguna Seca | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:21.990 Mar 10, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC 1.8 | Kyalami | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:41.605 Jan 19, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC 1.8 | Suzuka | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 2:00.932 Dec 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No rev leds with Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari 488 in version 1.8 [Resolved by Advanced Mode] Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo Incorrect Lap shown as Best Lap on Q Dash Nov 29, 2021

3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

First I was like "why'd they name it after a nut from the cashew family" then after some googling I learnt that Pista also means "Track" in Italian. Oh well. xD

Guidofoc likes this.
  4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2:confused:
    Why they chose that slow a** tire for a track focused car? I guess because it will be easier and safer for the masses.

Btw if I was in charge at Ferrari:) I would make 488 Pista with a manual gearbox only:D Imagine the hype:eek:, instant collector car, car flipers would go nuts:) nobody races those cars anyway.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Are there any skin modders who can make this skin for the AC 488 ?:)

Cheers
    Robin

markonex likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

a) These cars are typically available OEM with several different brands of tyres, depending on availability. You bet Ferrari also has Pirelli tyres as OEM choice. b) Not all MPSC2 are the same. There are several different custom compounds, for example the one for Corvettes/AMG GT R or several for the different Porsche models. And, it can't be such a "slow a**" tyre if it was good for a 6:47 around the 'Ring on the GT2 RS.

7. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Watch Misha livestreem on Instagram! Custom new pilot cup2 R version!

8. LOL! Not GT2 RS, GT3RS. because GT2 RS is not really a cup car homologation. I assume Pista like the old generation is also race car homologation.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What do you mean? GT2 RS? GT3 RS? I've read sources say Porsche definitely used the available normal OEM tyre, not any special compound. This even grippier compound is supposedly only available through a separate order, similar to Lamborghini. Also, so you know what I wrote already, that there's several different compounds all under the same name.

The homologation basis for the 488 GT3/GTE is the 488 GTB. The basis for the 911 GT3 Cup is the 911 GT3, not RS.

xystof likes this.
  10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Brand new experimental pilot cup 2 version for the gt3rs record car, full name "cup 2 R"

11. I don't mean homologation I mean the Pista is suppose to compete with GT3RS race class. GT2RS is not really a race car class. It is the case during my 996 GT3RS period, we race against Stradale. With Turbo engine in the 488, maybe thats a different story.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  12. 781hp? Thats no race car. I think I am still living in the past...

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You realise they are all just badges and don’t stand for any particular class at all right? They are not suppose to compete against anything in particular really. They are just high performance cars focused more towards track performance but still road drivable

Kristaps likes this.
  14. yes and no, the 996 GT3RS is slightly different. It is really a cup with manual and AC. So I consider 996 GT3RS is more a track ready road car. But you are right, after the 996 RS, the 997 RS is just a GT3 with bigger wing.

Anyway, my point of the post is to point out the GT2RS is not a GT3 kind of car. With the Turbo and extra weight, its completely different animal

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I see, no idea about that, the car just now made some laps on the Nordschleife. I'm not that up to date. I just know the GT2 RS ran on the "normal" Cup 2 N2 tyres.

16. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

First it's not a slow tire, it's suppoused to be faster than the Pzero Corsa, just not quite Trofeo and other extreme tires territory in one lap speed, but more durable and consistent than those.
    In other words it's a good choice if you care for something more than bragging rights.

With that said Michelin is making a mess by calling their extreme version Cup 2 as well, there's the Cup 2 ZF that the Vette and AMG use.
    And Porsche has it's own extreme with a different designation, i don't doubt Ferrari will have one as well.

Creates a lot of confusion.

17. We'll yes, Corsa system, Trofeo and Cup2 tyres are in the same class of tyres, slick compound with road legal tread. Porsche version of the Cup is call Nx Tyres. N0, N1, N2. ; the number just stand for the generation. I tested both N tyres and non-N or off-the-shelves Cup2. N tyres take a bit longer to heat to optimal temp but also last much longer and less likely reaching tyres heat cycle

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Ha NINJA-D....

I just wanted to post this one. Awesome ride. Way more hectic than GT2RS half a year ago...

Cheers
    Robin

19. Trap speed for each sector is similar except the straight, My AC mod have a bit higher top speed.

It might be possible I need more drag

Robin_NL likes this.
  20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It does but it's not like every modern high performance car doesn't have its own special tyre already. Has been going on for a while.