1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 4 wheels I love but 2 wheel is also fun TT Ilse Of Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by svenvangent, Mar 4, 2018.

1. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Agreed. Milestone are playing to the gallery though. Mass market appeal. The MotoGP licence is their cash cow and I think they will continue to milk it. The trend with their games is a downward difficulty curve.

svenvangent likes this.
  2. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Only time will tell. In the meantime we've got this amazing TT game, which came out of the blue as as far I'm concerned, and which will keep me occupied for a very long time indeed.

Hammerpgh and svenvangent like this.
  3. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

My experience of the event has been limited to highlight DVDs so I was curious about your statement. A quick internet search led me to these disturbing stats on Wikipedia(the graph shows the number of rider deaths for each year). I've always assumed there was a certain risk of bodily harm (and to ones mortality), but if these numbers are correct they're quite depressing. I can understand not wanting to return."Air of menace" might just be an understatement. Looming specter of death seems more apropos.

image.png

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Hammerpgh likes this.
  4. moodyryder

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who want to see road racing censored. It is pure motorsport where the riders dance the line between glory and mortality. Nobody forces them to do it and they don't do it for our entertainment, they do it for themselves.

If you haven't seen it, may I suggest the film "Road". It's about road racing in general but in particular it follows the Dunlop family. NW200 2008 250cc. I will say no more.

Laughing Gravy likes this.
  5. Laughing Gravy

Thank you for the recommendation, fortunately the film is currently streaming on Netflix. I am familiar with the Dunlop family history, but to hear from those involved is particularly quite powerful. Overall the documentary is exceptionally well made and provides an unbiased, unflinching look at both sides of the road racing coin, capturing both the euphoria and tragedies.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Hammerpgh likes this.
  6. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

So it seems the patch has now been released for Xbox... I haven't tried it yet but I spotted it as I was about to close down my console last night. It downloaded in a flash though so must have been very small. I hope to give it a try out later tonight after work.

7. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Sadly I deleted the game , after the new patch for ps4 pro the game had a kind of two modus if I may it call it that way .
    One as it is most of the time in the game where the feeling of the bike is heavy and always a bit late when I want to turn left or right , each bump in the road can provoke the bike the fall , and going off throttle when turning could let you fall to, the second one without changing anything in the game setup ( that pops up for no reason ) I call it the arcade modus where you could matter of speaking close your eyes and be seconds faster with each sector that comes on your pad that it even became ridiculous when I come at almost the end of sector seven and be 12 seconds faster what I normally don't do in heavy modus .
    In this way there is no fun to complete the IOM lap .
    Up to the next game adventure have fun .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  8. moodyryder

Sorry to hear that Sven but good luck to you on your next adventure.

svenvangent likes this.
  9. Hammerpgh

I've been looking for this on Netflix tonight but can't find it anywhere. A search for road brings up everything but :/

10. Laughing Gravy

I was able to add it to my watch list via the i-pad app. Try searching with "isle of man".

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11. Laughing Gravy

12. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

But free sidecars dlc is coming next month.

With regard to the latest patch; curiosity got the better of me so I unpatched the game to see the difference and didn't really notice anything substantial. It pretty much feels and plays the same as far as I can tell.

With regard to falls provoked by bumps in off-throttle situations: there is an onboard video of Horst with commentary as he does the lap and at one point he says that he has to keep the throttle open over the bumps because it stabilises the bike. It makes sense because shutting the throttle off shifts the weight slightly towards the front so if you hit a bump that can very easily make you lose the rear.

Anyway, I'm still massively enjoying the game and finding it incredibly challenging and rewarding. The only other games that provide me with a comparable challenge are Dirt Rally and AC.

svenvangent and Hammerpgh like this.
  13. Hammerpgh

Cheers buddy. Unfortunately for whatever reason that does not come up on Netflix for me. I have tried searching for 'Road' and 'Isle of Man' and neither brings the desired result. I'll keep trying though or else i'll grab it via some other medium.

14. Laughing Gravy

If memory serves me the opening credits indicate that the film is a BBC production. Perhaps they have a streaming or on demand service.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hammerpgh likes this.
  15. moodyryder

Road is available on YouTube; it costs £2.49.

I prefer the game post patch. I know what Sven meant about the "heavier" handling and I prefer it. It seems more consistent and I'm no longer suffering random crashes. When I bin it now I know and understand my mistake.

I'm playing the supersports TT now as opposed to time attack. I can do two laps no problem but keeping the concentration for 4 clean fast laps has so far evaded me. Plenty of game left then.

Superbikes for six laps for the Senior TT? I'm a long way off that yet.

16. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Stoooooooooooop ..... reinstalling the game and see it plays good hopefully it stays that way .
    Sector 1-10 without falling of the bike yeeees , could be a bit faster but aim ok with it .
    Still/only 2 sectors to go .
    Yesterday I did for the first time a online race on IOM ( if you can get in to a game/server:( ) .
    Completed a full lap in 18.36 but fell of the bike 10 times :oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

1 : 17:48.665 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    2 : 17:50.899 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ...........Chase cam
    3 : 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    4 : 21:59.136 : Laughing Gravy :....Triumph Daytona 675 ...Chase cam
    5 : 23:06.875 : Hammerpgh :........Honda CBR 600 ............Chase cam
    6 : 24:03.732 : svenvangent :........Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam

17. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

In the mean time did a second race with 4 times falling of the bike 17.45

TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge_20180421230406.jpg

18. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

This evening doing some practice and thought lets do some race and look who I'm came across Moodyryder .
    Told me that he recorded one of the two races we have done and would place it here to , I'm curious to see it .

Lewisxbone likes this.
  19. moodyryder

Here it is. Not planned, we just ended up in the same lobby. Not proud of tbis lap but online is a purer race. There are no restarts or second chances.I think our little leaderboard might need updating...

20. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Will do ....

1 : 17:04.335 : svenvangent :........Triumph Daytona 675 ...Onboard cam ... In race plus 2 crash laptime .
    2 :17:48.665 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    3: 17:50.899 : Moodyryder :.........Honda CBR 600 ...........Chase cam
    4: 19:45.902 : Lewisxbone :.........Honda CBR 600 ............Onboard cam
    5: 21:59.136 : Laughing Gravy :....Triumph Daytona 675 ...Chase cam
    6: 23:06.875 : Hammerpgh :........Honda CBR 600 ............Chase cam

Hammerpgh and Laughing Gravy like this.