1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

We know you have questions

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC_CM505, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not racing sims, to my knowledge.
    Some other driving games do have it, e.g. ETS2/ATS.

Would be a nice feature, though and given that they can do multiple light sources now, it shouldn't be too much of a problem compared to AC1. ;)
    Although IMO the feature would be mostly interesting for multi class racing (VLN or Le Man style). For GT3, I don't think they do it in real life and thus wouldn't bet on it being implemented.

2. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Netcode question. Iracing has absolutely top notch netcode, to the point when it actually feels like all players are on LAN. Any plans on trying to implement in ACC a LAN-like feel of iracing?

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm not sure how good Iracing is, since I've never played it. But I often play AC from Brazil on european servers with ~250 ping and can go wheel to wheel for many laps with no problem. When there is a problem it's pretty much always human error (either mine or from the person I'm racing against), or sudden ping spikes which are probably due to my own connection.

AurusCE and f_deutsch like this.
  4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

A quick question to @Aristotelis : Is there any car so far that handles different in ACC than their AC counterpart?

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Around 250 you can still get away with as long as the connection is stable with no packet loss. A stable 250 is much better then an undtable 50.

AurusCE and f_deutsch like this.
  6. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Thats how I feel about AC. On a good server I see no difference between an AI race and an online one.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

But only if you set the AI aggressivity to 100%.

Poguinhas and LeiF like this.
  8. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

If I hadn't tried Iracing I would have said the same thing. If I were to give marks to netcode then I would give AC 4 and Iracing 5. It becomes "pulpable" when you try both. Physicswise I think AC is superior to Iracing. Don't get me wrong. It is more like nitpicking, but knowing how Steffano is perfectionist, I certainly hope he could make ACC a bit better (netcodewise). Regardless, ACC is day 1 buy hands down.

Poguinhas likes this.
  9. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Well, nothing is so good that it can't improve. If ACC is gonna be more focused on eSports, with Minolin's hiring likely meaning we'll have some sort of safety and performance rating, it would be nice to have even better connection between the players.

10. It will be available the first day of summer? Yes?:p:)

11. vimaxus

vimaxus Rookie

Since you will be using Unreal, could you please at least try to use the VR-WORKS? at least as an option?

I would be willing to pay more for such an option as most aplications we create at work clearly benefit from 1080Ti in SLI vs 1080Ti. (granted, we may exagerate with the details and the glossy effects as we are an architecture office)

However, since finally, VR-SLI could be (somewhat easier) added to an excellent game, and the developers are listening to the players:

Please add VR-SLI.

morpwr69 likes this.
  12. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

The tweet of the latest WIP screens says „coming to Steam Early Access this year“. So a first little delay there? o_O:D

Keep it up. The screens are just out of this world! <3

13. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I thought that the northern hemisphere summer was still a part of this year, but maybe I'm wrong.

14. rdmracer

rdmracer Gamer

Not trying to be a **** here, just giving the devs a reason to defend themselves as I am sure they will have an answer on this.

As I look at the games features and early access involvement of players, aren't you just trying to make Project CARS only with a release 4 years later?
    How do you really try to diverge from that series? As it is certain you will overlap a lot on the market.

15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

And that, kids, is why you don't do drugs!

Freddie Seng, F1Aussie, nate and 10 others like this.
  16. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Will you have a nice big fat pdf about everything in the game including about the series and maybe even a setup section so we can print it and read while on the toilet or the plane or the beach or in the car having lunch etc?

rdmracer likes this.
  17. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Is ACC Xbox X-enhanced straight from the release?

18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't think ACC will be initially released for consoles.

19. Cruz_Andre

Cruz_Andre Rookie

Hi, in the development schedule is there a beta test for us?

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Project CARS is a game about the Blancpain GT Series?

The game will be released on Steam Early Access. Does that answer the question?

trucidatio likes this.