1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ledinguelevrai, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Hello,
    Do you already have tested VR with ACC ?
    If yes, is it possible to say if it is/will be more or less ressource demanding than AC1 ?

Thank

seb 6th gear and Phil64 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Would be cool if they can use nvidia SMP, but sounds like its a bit of a compromise so don't know if they would have done it

quote from some game dev:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comme...hats_stopping_you_from_using_nvidias/dazgvz2/

edit, seems single pass stereo is the branding name for the tech now, under vrworks: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-vrworks-and-ue4

Blamer likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Since ACC has multiple ligthsources, my guess is it'll be more demanding for sure. Though, UE4 could be handling gfx much better in terms of f.i. post processing, and after Stefano said that physics will go full 64bit and be "limitless", that might balance out some performance issues when cpu is working on physics while trying to keep up with the gpu rendering in VR.

I expect that 970 is still functional for a VR experience in ACC, but probably forced to lower/lowest settings, which is acceptable. This summer it's been more than 2 years with AC1 in VR with my 970, it has to end somewhere when GFX takes a notch up :)

Pulley and aotto1977 like this.
  5. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

As a 1060 VR user, I approve this message. ;-)

Typer likes this.
  6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Question. On the Nvidia site they say the Unreal engine now supports VRWorks and therefore it has SLI support.

Can someone confirm that's the case because I am in the middle of purchasing video cards and I'm not sure which path to take. If the engine supports SLI I don't have to go spend a bucket load on one video card.

alex bonner and Micii1 like this.
  7. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

Another big VR-related question... will it have proper mirrors? The rear-facing camera things AC has are barely acceptable on a monitor, but a massive immersion-breaker in VR.

alex bonner, Turk, Mogster and 3 others like this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

SLI VR I think still needs to be enabled in game by the devs, I don't know how exactly it would work but you also would either want 1 very good car or better still 2 of them assuming VR SLI will be a thing. 2 lower end cards will likely perform worse then 1 high end car the advantage of VR SLI is that currently even at the relatively low resolution of VR the top end cards are unable to get max visual quality and maintain the needed min frame rate so getting 2 high end cards will be more likely to have no issues with current VR headsets and also be useable for new higher res headsets like the Pimax 8K+ that will have no hope with a single 1080ti to give usable frame rates at 2x full 4k which isn't actually 8K or even 8k plus lol but that's another topic.

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Actually this affects also people who use trackIR. I hope too for 3D side mirrors, also fully adjustable (angle) ones

10. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Edit - replied to wrong post

11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I'd assume it's a similar situation to single pass stereo. These features are in a specific VRWorks branch of UE4 so are unlikely to be used by ACC.

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Thanks for the replies.... Marty you still running those Titans?

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Nah but have 1080 sli with no vr.

14. bporion

bporion Rookie

so is there going to be VR or not ? it not in the description anymore .

15. whereSTheFUhd

whereSTheFUhd Rookie

This is, at least, the second time I've seen this notion that running the physics in double-precision 64-bit floating-point arithmetic will somehow improve CPU performance. The switch to 64-bit is nothing more than improving precision; it allows a closer representation of real numbers in the hopes of improving accuracy of the final result. In other words, increasing the significant digits will not somehow increase or make your processing power more efficient.

If anything, double-precision floating-point calculations should take longer than those with single-precision, however, that's a generalization and, in reality, it depends on the hardware / architecture / cache block size / memory bandwidth and the operations / code / instruction sets utilized - only way to know is to run benchmarks.

And, no, it was never stated that physics will be 'limitless' full-stop. That was specifically in reference to map size (limitless, at least, in the context of driving simulations), since double-precision increases the significand bits (higher precision) and the exponent bits (greater range between smallest and largest numbers), allowing for the retention of greater accuracy at increased distances from the origin (supposing that they're not using multiple origins like I'd assume in most, if not all, open world games).

Epistolarius, stefanoCasillo and mms like this.
  16. that is very correct. It takes slightly longer actually, but not enough to create problems.. for sure it's not a performance win.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  17. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

The current cpu bottleneck is very intrusive in the VR experience.
    I assume UE4 is cpu multithreaded in nature. But its up to the devs.
    If so, we might start seeing our gpus hitting 100% in VR.

Actually, seeing teasers that are being release, we will see gpu's hitting 100%, but for entirely other reasons.

18. Psit

Psit Alien

My GPU is constantly at 100% in AC...

nate likes this.
  19. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

1 - Load msi afterburner, detach the log window and maximize it.
    2- Enter any online server with 24 cars and drive the entire first lap. Pit and exit the game.
    3- Post here a screenshot of the entire log showing cpu % gpu % and framerate.

20. MABlosfeld

MABlosfeld Rookie

if this is causing problems for you then check vsync, if it is turned off, turn it on.

21. Psit

Psit Alien

I don't need to do any of those, i am running a rift and the debug tool says is hitting 0 headroom all the time unless i stop using the pp filters...