1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Official Screenshots & Videos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mibrandt, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

In flight sim it makes sense, because planes are used around the year (winter). GT3 cars, no.

People praise this CM feature, but it's pretty silly feature. Even if there wasn't "AC limitations". Which there will be with ACC too, it won't simulate winter conditions at all. Snow definitely not, ice probably not, what is left?

dermonty and MABlosfeld like this.
  2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

No, I think the main idea is that you go for a race or weekend event, single player or multi player, and you have the change to choose to race with most similar weather conditions to the real world in that same date and place. The unpredictable factor bring immersion .

MABlosfeld likes this.
  3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What people are saying though is that feature would make a lot of European tracks unraceable in winter as they are covered in snow. No racing happens there in real life during that period

MABlosfeld likes this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I'm all for unpredictable, IMHO weather engine is partially wasted, if it's scripted. But Like Serge M said... problem is this
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Randomization, that is not completely random but still based on the real location (rain is more likely in UK etc) and month, would be imo best solution. Fetching IRL data as an option is fine, but it doesn't work that well in (northern hemisphere) winter months

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    MABlosfeld likes this.
  5. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

One question, is the launch of the game next month? I think I read that it was like that, I'm not sure if it was official news.

There is very little information about this game, we just have a few screenshots, a bit weird for a game that will come out in one or in a few months.

MABlosfeld likes this.
  6. Arti

Arti Gamer

They said there will be a test version at the Blancpain event in Misano (End of june). Early Acces could maybe start soon after, but there is no defined timeline. No one has even talked about a release date.

MABlosfeld likes this.
  7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Stefano is on tour with the band :p

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Release wont be this year only early access.

MABlosfeld likes this.
  9. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Only? Personal Ranking is:

3) X-Mas
    2) My Wedding
    1) ACC EA
    ...i only hope i won´t have to rescedule 2) for 1) :D :D

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I wish there was a "funny" button :p

I'm equally excited. I have such trust in Kunos because they delivered so well with AC, have fixed many bugs long after release. Their shot at rain physics will be very good I'm sure. Also looking forward a lot to the UE 4 graphics engine because there is some room for improvement regarding AA and shadows in AC. I've been playing WOT a lot after 1.0 release and damn does that game look good even on a low pixel density screen like mine...

Turk and elchshooter like this.
  11. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Looking forward for some Silverstone screenshots.

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Same here :D usually when it is the race week for Blancpain i know devs will be teasing with photos of the location in game i can not wait :D

13. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Screw screenshots, it's about time we got more video.

Would love to see some nice day/night cycle timelapse.

miky, vlado Cro, LeDude83 and 6 others like this.
  14. myimac

myimac Alien

I concur

15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Wouldn't say screw the sreenshots, but indeed a video would be more interesting. Just having a static camera on a empty track, and showing 24h cycle would suffice. That could be a bit longer than few seconds too, to really see the nuances. Often these kind of timelapse videos are made unnecessarily short/quick.

The game must be in quite advanced state by now, as in just a little over 4 weeks it will be fully playable at Misano.

Stains likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If they are too busy to do this, secretly ship me a copy and I can make that video for all. ;):D

Minolin and ShredatorFIN like this.
  17. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't know about fully playable. Its an early access release, so I'm not expecting the full line up of tracks, cars or features. AC EA had one car and one track for example.

18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Well, by fully playable I meant... playable. Definitely not expecting full tracklist (for example) to be in. 24h cycle however would seem very likely to be already in that version.

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Wasn't that the AC tech demo/preview with just Magione and the Lotus elise, Early access had quite a bit of the v1 content from day 1 in it with a bit more released over time. However it first came with no MP and failry limited features, obviously the early access will not have all features and content. It will have more then one car and one track and by the end of early access we will likely get all v1 content and features to give a bit of a shakedown prior to release.

EA will be evolving with some things possibly breaking on updates etc so anyone wanting a fully featured solid release ready game would be best to wait til the official release.

Turk likes this.
  20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Would be a strange EA otherwise, mh? :D

martcerv likes this.