1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

LUT for FFB Wheels

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by LeiF, May 22, 2018.

1. LeiF

LeiF Alien

As a result of the thread about RHM this has got me thinking about other things I consider pretty essential for use in / alongside AC which may or may not be available in ACC.

Which brings me to LUT generator / custom LUT for FFB wheels.

Personally this is probably the most "essential" thing for me. Without a custom LUT for my T500 it just doesn't feel half as good. I think if I switched to a title which didn't have it I would instantly be dissatisfied with my wheel and "need" (*want) to upgrade.

Just wondering what other people think on this one; and if any thoughts or plans exist for a similar system for ACC?

I look forward to the civilised discussion :D

chksix likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Possible solution for dampened FFB issues Jul 31, 2021
    Chit Chat Room G29 FFB and LUT Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Physics Custom LUT Support for FFB. Oct 3, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB LUT available yet? Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Can FFB Clip be used after generating a LUT ? Jan 20, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Time to sex up those FFB .lut files. Dec 4, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27, No ffb, shifter and clutch Nov 3, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues EYEBALLING your FFB *.LUT... V2 (27% more ‘I’) Apr 21, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues 'Eyeballing' your FFB_PP *.LUT Apr 7, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No ffb thrustmaster rgt ffb clutch (solved: drivers issues) Aug 11, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Lut files for g29 on 1.9 Jul 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot find option to invert clutch? Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Evolution Racing Academy Jun 5, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Custom resolution for 48" 4K TV May 17, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023

3. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

I am using LUT generator and ffb clip app for logitech wheel and I like it much better than stock ffb

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I also used FFBClip and LUT generator for my old G25, but I found that it is no longer necessary for the CSL Elite I'm using now. It's strong enough to set the FFB gain in game low to avoid clipping without loosing detail in low FFB situations. I have it on 60% and like it a lot, but I still tune FFB by car from time to time for extreme cases.

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Indeed, I believe once you go towards the higher end wheels that sort of thing becomes a bit unnecessary.

For me it really goes some way towards fixing a general issue with lower powered wheels, and does it surprisingly well I thought.

Motorsports likes this.
  6. Nao

Nao Alien

They say picture is worth a 1000 words ...
    basic.png
    guess that's an essay done :D

That's my G27 input-output graph, it's drivable normally but no ffb setting or gamma or other filter than straight up LUT makes it work really well.
    So a definite "oh my yes please" from me.

jc1993 and LeiF like this.
  7. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I'm using the LUT generator on my Thrustmaster TX , to be honest I've used it for so long now I not sure what it felt like before :)
    Dont use FF clip app just have the gain set to around 70ish which doesnt clip on most cars/tracks

8. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I would like to have that system in ACC, but It's up to the devs to make the call, maybe they can come with a better solution for this.

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Oh yes, FFB was on a whole other level with the LUTs and FFBClip on my old wheel, I liked it a lot.

LeiF likes this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Hope Gyro will stay as well and may be finally finds its way into official Settings menu.

Gevatter likes this.
  11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

+1
    Oh yeah, forgot about that :)

12. Typer

Typer Simracer

13. Nao

Nao Alien

Oh god i hope it isn't called "gyro" in ACC, or OCD will make my head explode XD

@Typer Ah looks like i missed that thread, would probably gone to town on it there :D (probably good thing i guess)... Anyways, the way gyro is set up in AC has nothing to do with actual gyroscopic effects - AFAIR from talks on Stefano streams it was designed to help straight line rattling of DD wheels, the idea came from gyroscopic effect (hence the name) but the implementation, using damper effects, is much more close to simulating an actual steering rack (with resistances inside etc). For what it does it's actually quite good, and i hear people like it, personally i hate any damping related effects, thou thats likely because it just works poorly on G27.
    It's a shame we didn't get actual gyro simulated, the data needed is already there in the files, would have made some noticeable handling changes for old formula cars... but alas.