1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup to play Assetto Corsa & Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by risento, Jun 3, 2018.

1. risento

risento Rookie

Hello SimRacers,
    I know that Kunos hasn't released the requirements for ACC yet but I want to start building my system.
    So, I'm here to ask you some advice for... Monitor.
    I only have space for a one monitor setup.
    In your opinion, what is the best solution?
    Big screen (16:9) or Ultra Wide screen (21:9)?
    Ultra Wide screens add any big advantage over Big screens or triple screens is the only way to go?
    I never saw a simulator running in Ultra Wide screen, any help will be appreciated.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Fixed setup in multiplayers May 10, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Fuel Setup in Multiplayer Nov 29, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions SETUP - Why dont you include DUAL display configuration Aug 26, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions How to setup 21:9 display (and 32:9) Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC wont save profile, setups, settings, replays, controls and restarts with new login everytime Jun 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Tyre Temps: Motec Display vs Setup Display? Feb 26, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Cant edit setup in multiplayer Dec 13, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Problem loading in same saved car setups in different single player modes Sep 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Setup changes in multiplayer - visible to admin? Nov 30, 2017
    Console Lounge Fixed Setups in multiplayer Nov 15, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiplayer Setup Bug Jun 27, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues setup saved in single player does not save abs/tc setting Jun 6, 2017
    Bug reports Tyres temperature display in setup screen Feb 23, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions After setup, drive in replay camera. Aug 29, 2016
    General modding discussion Custom career/special events: loading ai and player setups Jul 14, 2015

3. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i'd prob say a 34" ultrawide or if you want bigger then a 43"+ monitor or tv

obviously triples are the best and the 49" super wide from samsung would be second best

Guidofoc and risento like this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's actually quite crappy with just 1080 vertical resolution. I have tried it at MS Store, feels super weird like looking from inside the tank?

M-Bimmer, nate and risento like this.
  5. risento

risento Rookie

Hi Racers,
    Thank you for the replies.
    To help a bit, in 16:9 ratio I'm thinking in 32" maximum, in 21:9 maybe 29" because 34" for now are out of budget.

6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I have a 21:9 29" from LG and it works really fine, also not expensive at all. I think that's the best solution if you cannot spend a lot of money. 21:9 is better than 16:9 for driving because you see more stuff on the sides and you can use a lower FOV without big issues. Triple screens is better, of course. You can also consider VR, these days the MR headsets or even Oculus Rift aren't that expensive any longer.

risento likes this.
  7. risento

risento Rookie

VR doesn't work for me, can't play more that 30 minutes :(

M-Bimmer likes this.
  8. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I would go ultra wide + some app like radar(I have LG 29 dont have space for bigger ) and it has Freesync which is even better so you have shutter free (with ATI GPU FPS lock@72+freesync on,75hz) and ultrawide screen for the small amount of money....after free sync I would never go back to monitor without it AC is so smooth now.To me its more important then that is ultrawide..if you have more money go G sync + Gforce GPU:)

sissydriver likes this.
  9. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I am very pleased with my 35" 21:9 monitor, nice wide view and doesnt feel letter boxy at all with 1440 pixels high being much better than only 1080. Runs at 100Hz out the box (can be cranked higher if you care to overclock it), Gsync etc.
    If I had paid for it I would say it was worth every penny :) Good compromise if you don't have the width for triples or don't want 3 screens for whatever reason. I saw one of those Samsung ultra wide things just before it came out - definitely not tall enough for my liking even though the width is something to behold!

M-Bimmer likes this.
  10. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

and here is another lg 29" ultra wide owner;)
    my time for ac collapsed but in the rare moments i start the game its soooo nice to go into the really slow corners.
    before, on a much smaller screen, it was more "i survived".
    now i can see the apex, its so much fun.
    from septmeber on i could spend again more time for ac . cant wait!
    the price-performance for the lg screen was (for me) outstanding.:)

djtopa likes this.
  12. Eyello

Eyello Rookie

Also planning to get an Ultrawide, but still choosing between LG and Samsung and wheater I should get one with G-Sync because there are nearly none around. I also don't want one with just 1080px height.
    Do you use curved monitors? Because the Samsung I have in mind has 1500R or 1800R and I am not sure if this is too much.

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

my monitor is not curved.
    that would be wonderful!
    besides ac *coffcoff* i earn my money with the screen and have to sit hours for hours in front of him. and sometimes i wish it was curved. cause the view angle to the max left and right is not good if i sit not perfectly centered in front of the screen.
    but for me this are luxury problems - lucky to have much more space (and three monitors are a must for the work).

14. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

Probably will pull the trigger on this...

IPS, 1900R curved, G-sync, 21:9, 3440x1440, 120Hz and all other bells and whistles...

Alienware AW3418DW 34 Inch QHD Ultra-Thin Gaming Monitor (Black Grey) (120 Hz Refresh Rate, 4 ms Response Time, Nvidia G-Sync, Display Port, USB 3.0 and AlienFX Lightening)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076PTMVJ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jY-oBbAM44Z1F

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

I'd go for a curved ultra widescreen 21:9.

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

One flat screen and 2 curved :D

17. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

@risento
    Pulled the trigger on 34” curved 21:9 (had 27” then 40” 16:9 before) & the 21:9 is sooo much better (immersion wise).
    Here are some pics for you to decide.
    Hope this helps.

- Alienware 34” 3440x1440 (21:9)
    [​IMG]First lap with Alienware 34” 21:9 G-Sync by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbimmer/shares/51n59a

- Here is the 27” 2560x1440 (16:9)
    [​IMG]Dell 2715H (27” 2560x1440) by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

& here’s the 40” 1920x1080 (16:9)
    [​IMG]Samsung 40” (16:9 1920x1080) by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Don't you miss the real estate of 40"? I am on 42" myself and can't see trading it for anything smaller.
    upload_2018-7-6_8-59-21.png

19. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

13EA420B-B632-4696-B812-18C11D260824.png
    not really because it had very low resolution.

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I see, thought you were on 4k.

21. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

Not on Titan V.
    Hope we’re not getting off topic here :)