1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ledinguelevrai, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Thats no way to tell if you are running the gpu @ 100% in the times the FPS drops bellow 90. But do as you wish, its our loss.

I haven't tested an Nvidia card in AC, but all things being equal, I guarantee you will be cpu bottlenecked during the 24 car race crashing your 90fps down to 60 or 70.

2. Not in my case, only when i run big AI grids. But when doing what i like most in AC, running nice (street) Rally stages, the GPU is the bottleneck when i put everything to max and 1,5 (Oculus count) SS. Running my CPU with normal 4,7Ghz Turbo

3. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Yeah its not a problem when alone.

Look at this one just now: Praga @ Brands Hatch 24 cars

Notice the last graph (framerate), all the dips it had and the GPU usage dropping when they happen. When it fell to 60fps from 90, my gpu was @ 30% capacity.

[​IMG]

4. Andysonofbob

Andysonofbob Gamer

UE4 supports VR by default.
    Something wot I made. And if I can do it...

coret3x, Icky427 and Typer like this.
  5. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

I think Kunos are a very talented team. AC is just pretty old considering the hardware we have today.
    If they can manage to separate the CPU rendering pipeline from the CPU physics etc and distribute it across different cores, they will be alright.

I say this because even though UE4 has good support, its Kunos proprietary tech that needs to allow for what I said above.

6. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

vr in AC is very cpu limited, an online race with 20 cars was guaranteed to be 45 fps for the first lap or 2

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I agree. My i5-4670k was hitting negative headroom (and hovering around 100% in afterburner), but after getting the i7-8700 after my previous mobo died, cpu is now just hovering around 35%, and same gpu now the one hovering around 100%.

8. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

my old i5-3330 was hitting -100 to 150 headroom, just updated to i7-6700 and I'm getting much better perfomance from the same GPU , still tweaking the settings at the moment but I have med/high settings and drops to 45FPS at race start but once the pack spreads out a bit it jumps back to 90FPS.

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What are the cores doing? The 8700 is of course much better but you will find that a couple of cores/threads are maxed and the rest of the 10 threads are doing little.

Think of it this way. If you have software that heavily uses 2 cores only and you are using a cpu with two cores that cpu reports 100% usage. Now you upgrade to a CPU with 4 cores but the software hasn’t changed, it’s still maxing two of the 4 cores, you get no better performance but CPU usage is now reported at 50%

10. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Pro Lasso shows they're almost balanced. No core parking too. I'll try again later and take a peak a few times under the HMD.

11. Eyello

Eyello Rookie

Todays software and games should utilize multiple cores well, it is state of the art. I am sure that Kunos is aware of the bottlenecks and will do anything to make sure that the CPU does not limit the game too much, especially when they want like 30 Cars on the track.
    The Unreal Engine itself uses multithreading and they just have to do it for physics and AI. Especially the latter one is great for Multithreading as there is barely any relationship within a frame.

DzelRacing likes this.
  12. mms

mms Alien

AC already uses multi-threading for the AI and physics, and @sherpa25 's case proves that, he said his cores are almost balanced, that means AC uses all cores/threads. Before he upgraded his CPU his system was CPU-limited, not able to push the GPU to max, now his system is GPU-limited (reaching 100%), the CPU cannot push faster than the GPU can process...

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I wonder why I always seem to have two cores maxed and the rest lowish. Anyone have any suggestions? Always assumed one was graphics and and one something else AC related.

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Not sure, but have you tried Process Lasso (ie. to ensure there's no core parking, and other options as well as assigning gaming performance, etc). Nonetheless, has it been confirmed how much cores are utilized by AC? Sorry, haven't searched are this.

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No, haven’t tried, just been monitoring with performance monitor. May give it a shot when I have time.

16. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Fingers croosed :)

It would be a great thing to have the possibility to launch ACC in a VR mode or not like PC2 (and that the game save the settings for each).
    And to have a dynamic mirror (ajustable maybe ?).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  17. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

An absolute must for VR. Unfortunately the E3 demo still seems to have static cameras. I can only hope it's something they're still working on.

Cote Dazur likes this.