1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The Future of Kunos and Assetto

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by DzelRacing, Jun 14, 2018.

1. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Hello guys !

A title very terrifying ! o_O (this is my scary face)

Some people are a little disappointed because ACC isn't open to modding. It was an element that has certainly contributed to the success of AC (on PC). But this is an aspect I think incompatible with the development of a serious multiplayer and Esport game (like Iracing). And this an aspect to which they had to go if they wish to develop their license from my point of view.

ACC is what I wanted to see in this new Assetto Corsa. official licence, solid multiplayer (yes, also better graphic and stuff like rain, day/night cycle etc..). I'm very glad with this new game ! thx to Kunos.

Maybe Kunos could make two Assetto games in the future (in 5, 6 years maybe). "Assetto Corsa Competizione", focus on competition, esport, official race like Iracing. And on other with a other name "Assetto Corsa Road" for exemple , I dont know... more focus on super car, series-produced cars, old cars, with city track and opened modding.
    Two games with the same engine and physics, same knowledge but with different approach (maybe without number on the title, also continues to be updated). Two games complementary.

What do you think about ?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Future DLC plans for ACC l Replay highlights l Interview with Kunos Simulazioni Sep 26, 2018
    Console Lounge Interview with Lord Kunos about community, consoles, future Jan 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Kunos team are custom grids for offline races coming to consoles in future updates? Sep 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Kunos' announcement on bmw 235i racing future release Jan 3, 2015
    Chit Chat Room The Future of Kunos Simulazioni Jan 30, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What does the Future look like ? Nov 25, 2021
    ACC General Discussions CP Races - any change in the upcoming future? Aug 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Future graphics updates and FOV and telemetry Mar 11, 2021
    ACC General Discussions What's the Status on ACC and future Projects? very quiet in here. Jan 24, 2021
    Screens & Videos Back to the future Delorean – Time travel Jan 17, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Any Information about future content? Aug 28, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer Future Plans Jul 22, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Future of ACC. Not a wishlist. Feb 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Future of Mass Consumer Wheels Aug 18, 2019
    ACC Physics Future physics features Aug 14, 2019

3. mms

mms Alien

My crystal ball tells me that the future of Kunos and Assetto is bright, so there's no need to worry :p

4. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Yes, I agree.

I just want to say that two titles in the future can coexist. And not to have an Assetto Competizione then Assetto Corsa 2, new project/adventure and this is the end of Competizione like Assetto Corsa.

For the moment the team is maybe too small.
    Multiplayer, ranking and day/nigh and rain should be a huge challenge again for the team (I guess).

Just some thoughts to discuss :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

people still don't understand what an officially licenced series game is huh

6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I don't get the point of this thread, specifically this line here, " But this is an aspect incompatible with the development of a serious multiplayer and Esport game (Iracing)."

7. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I think you can't offer a serious multiplayer experience like Iracing with modding.
    The idea is to have in a future maybe to game with update like Iracing. And not necessarily a project replacing an other.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  8. Rudski

Rudski Alien

That's rubbish based on nothing.

If you can't handle a standalone product and insist everything be modded then you're going to have to skip ACC, easy as that. Edit: (And they didn't even technically say no, they just said they had no time to support it but would not restrict the engine, so that if someone clever came up with a way to mod ACC they wouldn't be upset about it).
    ACC has great potential and based on Kunos previous efforts with AC I'm sure many won't be disappointed as it is an officially licensed game.

In your world the Colin Mcrae game would have F1's, the F1 titles games would feature GT cars and blancpain games are gonna need to have bloody bumper cars! So in other words, all games must be the same!
    No.

9. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

What you wish is actually happening. Look at it as Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione.
    Look at what happens in the modding scene right now, pretty much the hottest time since the release with those RSS mods for example, awesome tracks, the magic that x4fab pulls out of his CM hat...
    If there'd be an AC2 it would most likely be year or two until modding content would reach that Level again, exploiting everything that the game can handle.
    Well, an UE4 Nordschleife would be nice, maybe we'll have that some day, or something better, but for now my "playground" needs are quite satisfied with AC.

10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Why can't a company have two products? Is it that hard to understand?

11. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

You don't have understand my though. I'm very happy with ACC (read my first post). I don't want to skip ACC... completely the opposite o_O (and mods are cool as well). I love GT3
    Maybe it's because I'm french and I don't explain myself correctly.

"ACC has great potential and based on Kunos previous efforts with AC I'm sure many won't be disappointed as it is an officially licensed game."
    --) Totally agree with that.

"That's rubbish based on nothing"
    --) What is for the moment the best/solid multiplayer for a sim ?... Iracing
    Iracing have mods ?... No, I think there are a reason for that.

And no confusion , Assetto is my favourite sim (but the multiplayer is poor).

Yes, that's right we have already two game right know. But AC is a previous game.
    In the future maybe ACC will be the best multiplayer experience for a sim (maybe dlc with other category ), but if Kunos will make a AC2 one day(or a other name like with "competizione") , mods or not ?
    Maybe you can have two games.. one, most for official licence, multiplayer with ranking system etc...it would continue to receive update like R3E or Iracing.
    Because if you have AC2 with mods, I 'm not sure you can offer the same experience than a Iracing. Maybe I'm wrong and multiplayer ranking system, esport is very important I think for the licence.

AC isn't dead but Kunos stop developing stuff on it.

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

What reason? Saying there's a reason and without giving one makes no sense.

When did this become a fact? Was there a vote somewhere I missed?

Steam player history for iRacing (it should give you some idea)

Last 30 Days 61.8 Average players
    May 2018 62.0 Average players
    April 2018 63.2 Average players
    March 2018 76.2 Average players

Steam history for Assetto Corsa

Last 30 Days 1,905.0

I been racing in AC leagues for the past couple of years and it's been a blast.

edit: I might be confused. In one sentence you say we need mods and then point to iracing which has no mods and say it's number one because it has none?:confused:

Mitch09 likes this.
  13. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok, thanks for the community but this is an external stuff. Maybe you have more people (steam history...Very instructive, they all played on AC league ?) but the experience is better on Iracing because you have open practice every time, official race every hour, a solid ranking system (not perfect but still very good)...etc
    I just want that on ACC.

With a track mod you have to be sur that you have the good version of the track mod , and for a track (not in the game by default) you can have differents versions with differents creator/source. It's not a big deal but it's not official. You have many league.
    It's not the same experience.

EDIT: I never said we need mods !!! It's not for me compatible with the official game (licence blancpain).

14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Yea, the reason is they can't sell you a car for 12 Euros if there is a mod for it ;) Same with R3E imo.

15. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok, it's funny... but I'm not defending the economic system on Iracing.

16. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Ischemica likes this.
  17. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

The article doesn't contradict me on that, even if is not the reason mentioned
    Ok, the multiplayer on AC is perfect, great don't touch anything.

It's not only about mods but if you want, bye...

18. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

IRacing mp is tne best, because you ve got a big user base (dont trust only steam stats most iRacing users dont use steam), net code is better especially regarding contact between cars, and there is a ranking and safty system.
    BTW i'm waiting for ACC, because i like kunos physics, and i' m maybe, a fanboy.

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

The best thing about AC is the fact that people could mod it and guess what they did? They nearly copied iracing, go to SRS http://www.simracingsystem.com/index.php
    If you want an iracing experience try SRS.

M-Bimmer likes this.
  20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This thread is useless, as Kunos said they'll do nothing to restrict modding. So I expect mods popping up soon after EA release.

21. I don't understand your point, the developers can run their own online infraestructure like iRacing does, using their only their own content. External leagues have nothing to do with this...