1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Possibility to stall on ACC ?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by DzelRacing, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Hello guys !

At the moment on AC, the car dont have the possibility to stall (if the current gt3 can stall) , with ignition system (start the engine).
    Personally, I would like this on ACC.

What's your opinion about that ?

M-Bimmer likes this.

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If it works without issues id like to see it in acc. It is/was a glitch in pcars2 for example that didnt let you restart after the car stalled. If they can implement it without adding any game breaking "features" im all for it!

3. Typer

Typer Simracer

Yeah the first time I spannered it into a wall at Monza and stalled it on a pcars2 server that didn’t have the engine-restart-by-hitting-the-throttle option turned on, sure was a frustrating experience when I realised that I didn’t have any buttons mapped to engine start. To add insult to injury, I then had to sit there for the rest of the race staring at the wall like a nobber, as leaving the game would have taken a big ol’ chunk of points off my skill ranking.

So yeah, perhaps an engine-start-by-throttle option that’s on by default would be nice (or perhaps just enabled if no start button is mapped). Users with fancy wheels and button boxes could then turn it off for more realism if they like.

mms likes this.
  4. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I agree, this is a good idea !

I hope Kunos add this feature on ACC.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Well if i am not wrong they have to shut down engine on driver change? So that could also be cool little skill feature where you need to know how to start up car widouth engine stall

Stepy likes this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

I wouldn't have thought it would be much of an issue in ACC. Sure it's a missing feature if your driving an old stick shift car, but these modern race cars have anti stall don't they, I'd imagine it's mostly a case of it will keep the engine running until it's told to turn off.

7. Typer

Typer Simracer

Oh, I didn’t know that, thanks. TBH most of what I know about GT3 cars comes from sims

Yeah, so apparently the R8 LMS, for one, has anti-stall:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/2016-audi-r8-lms-review/

Other interesting tidbits include how reportedly easy the car is to drive and how even the factory drivers lean heavily on the electronic aids:

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I just saw ACC trailer with manual engine start :) .. could be just animation done for trailer purposes but one can hope ;)

9. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Yessss ! I hope not just for that.

thx Turk

10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

You can stall on Pcars 2 with Gt3, but it's maybe not realistic...

Personally, I just want the most realistic and immersive approach ;)

11. myimac

myimac Alien

This.

12. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

what ?
    [​IMG]

13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Nah. It's confirmed feature.

"CARE FOR DETAILS

Even the secondary details are faithfully reproduced to make you feel the thrill of being in the cockpit of a real racing car. Doors, windshield wipers, headlights, racing lights, racing equipment and control devices such as ABS, traction control, engine ignition and ECU mapping, are all under the driver’s management to assure the best performance and offer the player total control of the car."

Sauce: https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione

Why create animation for pressing LCD page change (clearly ingame animation) if the other one was just for trailer purpose. Says "gameplay footage" everywhere on that video

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I'm literally crying right now

[​IMG]

Thanks Kunos, and ShredatorFin for the info.

Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

oh true .. forgot that ACC is only GT3s :) ...
    Cool thanks .... Sometimes in trailers studios hide ingame engine footage under gameplay footage claim ... so you never know ...

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Very true, but in Kunos we trust, also on this matter. Although they did doctor sparks into some old AC trailer :D But from sparks there is quite long way to complex animation systems :p Started to think now, each car has buttons in different places, in the wheel alone. So animating each sounds like lot of work

Deleted member 113167 likes this.
  17. Yes, it appears that Kunos seems to get it, and because of this, they will dominate the simulator niche and we will benefit.
    EDIT: And when the Forza kiddies grow up (like the early Gran Turismo players), they will appreciate and lean towards the Kunos racing games.

AC#1

M-Bimmer likes this.
  18. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

That would be nice option to have (only active if we assign button to be able to start engine if stalled or the driver has to start engine after pit stop?)