1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Gamer

It's a simple question, yet I am having difficulty finding and answer on this forum or the Steam forums. Here is the question:

Will Assetto Corsa Competition have VR support for Oculus and Vive? Yes or No

Thanks in advance to someone who answers this question definitively, especially if that someone is from Kunos.

snyperal, noorbeast and seb 6th gear like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ive sended this bug already to support, but I want to warn you guys too. Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions 360 degree thumbstick support Aug 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox steering wheel support Aug 9, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Full AI support for your races Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Window Manager - Multi-monitor support Jun 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game returns to main menu after clicking start engine (GPU is supported) Nov 30, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is there still support for Assetto Corsa? Oct 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting A request to add windows 8.1 support for ACC Jul 10, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Is a post here sufficient to get the privilege to file a request for support? Jul 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard and mouse support for ps5/consoles Jun 14, 2022
    ACC Tools How to send support tickets? May 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Customer support - or lack thereof! May 10, 2022

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Quite likely this will be answered during e3 this week, it would be fairly susprising if it werent as they added VR to AC late into development. I think its a fairly big thing for most new driving sims especially to support this and the new graphics engine supports VR.

Even nvidia VR works is available in UE 3 for SLI VR, which I am more interested in seeing that get support. Future VR devices will be higher res and to get maximum image quality in 4k vr displays for example I think you would still likely need more then 1 top end next gen gpu.

Derek Speare likes this.
  4. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Yes, it's planned I guess. Look on the interview made by RaceDepartment.

Derek Speare likes this.
  5. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

If it's supported in current build, it will probably make appearance in E3.

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

It was officially listed somewhere and printed black on white that it has VR. Maybe not from all beginning of Early Access on, but it an advertized feature of the final game.

They would be dumb if not having VR in ACC after VR in AC was delivered late and still works so great.

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Can't wait VR is amazing!

8. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

"Maybe not from all beginning of Early Access on"

...I hope for the first build, please. Even, it's not perfect :(

9. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

I don't think they will not support it since it is one of the best experiences current title provide would be kinda odd if they will drop it so for me is a big YES ;)

10. Eyello

Eyello Rookie

In that RD Interview they said that they designed the UI around VR and every feature they think about must also work in VR. Why would they suddenly drop it? Unreal has build in VR support, like basically every current engine.
    A racing game without VR nowadays is a no go. I can't believe that close before release they realize that no PC is capable of rendering a race against 30 AI opponents because that would be the ultimate challange for this game.
    Today we see it and maybe sombody will ask this question. Also because they don't reply I assume is due to stress they have right now.

morpwr69 likes this.
  11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

12. They added rain and night why wouldn't they add VR support? Is stupid to think they won't support it even if they didn't say anything about it. They are not stupid so, VR supported I guarantee you. If not I give you the money back

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It would make sense for the team to focus all the efforts on making stable build with main features implemented to make it to EA this summer, with VR support coming sometime later before GA.
    Hopefully we will get some new HMDs before that.

14. mms

mms Alien

It would also make sense for the team to provide basic VR support right out of EA if it's not that much of a hassle ;)

15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

If it was. we would see it at E3, I guess.
    May be it will be at Misano.

16. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

While not supporting VR would seem like a terribly huge oversight, I'm a little concerned by the lack of official response to such a simple question.

17. One could say that not responding to a question is a response. I sure hope it happens it will be the deciding factor for me.

18. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Yep. Thus my concern. :(

Same. It'd be nice to know, so I can stop watching the gameplay vids and getting exciting if it's not.

Derrellbiffle likes this.
  19. guys you'll know the answer once we'll know it.

At the moment what we all know is that UE4 supports VR and it's our intention to support it gameplay wise.

Once the game is our we'll all be able to see how everything works, if it works, and what kind of performances the engine is able to achieve... until that day, that's all we can say.

ManniX, coret3x, gandlers and 16 others like this.
  20. at least... thanks for the reply Lord. I´ll buy the game at the day it supports my CV1 with the same performance AC do.

Blamer and Stains like this.
  21. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

I myself can’t go back to pancake gaming, here’s hoping that VR makes it into the early access. Good luck Kunos!

Blamer, Stains, Haiden773 and 3 others like this.