1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plaid

plaid Alien

Great and football does not compute for me, sorry.

Anyway at 0:06 you can see a animation for the green flag, nice detail:

2. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Very very nice day.
    Tried all the 4 demo:
    1- ferrari 488 @ misano, clear day and dry.
    2- lambo @ misano, clear day and tarmac almost dry, with some wet zone here and there, and some water on track (mostly inside the track -> in trajectory) with slick tyres.
    3- mercedes @ misano, rainy day and heavy wet tarmac, in rainy tyres
    4- lambo @ misano, clear evening and dry with time x10

Rain is god.
    Driving in rain is a brand new driving experience. Search for grip, alternative trajectories, aquaplaning, poor visibility....

The evo physics engine + the new tyre model is a good step forward from ac (demo 1 for comparison), the incar sound is another level from ac, the flex drivetrain is alive and you feel it just from the beginning (i already love it), the timelapse day -> night is just wonderful.
    All is really good and all is better than ac.
    But the rain.
    That rain... I want it now on my pc.

I've talked for some quite long time with @Lord Kunos , @Aristotelis and Marco the Boss. They all surprised me, very nice guys, very open to talk about this and there, very honest about many aspetcs of the game and surprisingly very available to listen our feedbacks and discuss it with us.

What a surprise!
    Thanks guys, really really thanks, what a beauty experience!

P.s.
    Tomorrow...

Rain and rain again.

Kunos did the hat trick again.

gandlers, Coldrake1, DaveS78 and 35 others like this.
  3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Did you get their autographs, selfies, shirts?? I would :D

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

i wanted a selfy with all of them at the beginning.
    But then i've start to talk (and listen... Ohh, what i've listen...) and f**k off the selfies, their chit chat and their availability was most important than a stupid photo.

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Woah woah easy now! There's always tmrw:p

GRFOCO likes this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Ok, here a little-big surprise about the game.[​IMG]
    This is Misano track.

https://www.google.it/search?q=misa...d=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=o_qROdhbHJT3DM:

From my point of view in the grandstand I was able to see several points of the track, but only 1 turn completely (enter/apex/exit), i'm talking about the "QUERCIA" turn 8.
    Well, dry conditions in rl:
    Nothing new about this turn, several possibility of trajectory (it's an "overtake-turn") but as usual only 1 trajectory if you push. I mean, outside (enter) / inside (apex) / outside (exit) and this is how the drivers was going there.
    In wet (very wet on friday...) conditions:
    All the drivers changed the trajectory to stay extremely wide in enter and apex, and a little bit inside on exit.

Only yesterday I was able to try acc, and what a surprise to see misano, and to see rain available.
    Perfidious smile on my face :cool::D.
    "...now i want see it it drives like rl..."

Well, dry demo as good as usual, i mean no surprise to see the right trajectory was the same in sim and in rl.

Then the wet demos...

:eek:
    What
    The
    F#######k

Was the same, exactly the same than rl.
    You must go wide in that turn if you want stay safety on track (demo 2, slick tires and dry/wet track), running usual dry trajectory = going out or spin :eek:.

You must go wide if you want be faster (demo 3, wet tyres and very wet track).

In my mind, this is the 1st time where i see a game or sim that reproduce wet driving in this way.
    Change trajectory and search for grip is probably the biggest trouble and for sure something that you can't avoid during wet driving in rl.
    And acc has this... yes sure, still in wip, but already stunning work.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

VERY good news, thank you very much!
    ACC, the first sim to get wet racing right. Yippee!
    Sadly my PC died yesterday, so I will be just a bystander, watching EA...:(:(:(

8. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

@GRFOCO : Nice to read your first hand feedback. I hope they paid you for being that positive and enthusiastic ;):p

GRFOCO, D.Jankovic and ShredatorFIN like this.
  9. tow

tow Racer

That probably just your imagination, i don't think they can make such a detail like you mention. [​IMG][​IMG]lol

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Congratulations, your first post and already trolling...o_O

11. tow

tow Racer

Is too early to judge it with only try a few laps. I don't want to put too much hope because i don't want to get disappointed. Don't get me wrong, i'm very happy if what he say is truth.

After_Midnight and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. pons

pons Simracer

Dries Vanthoor in the rain

13. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

It is time to open the gates.... let us play the early version .... :D:D:D

Micii1 and BrainsBush like this.
  14. f.gek

f.gek Hardcore Simmer

Friday, I also drove assetto corsa competizione.
    what he wrote (@GRFOCO) is exactly what I think too. I'm enthusiastic about it. and they did not pay me.
    they did it again. they raised the simracing level

15. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Have you asked wha PC specs have been used for running the demo ?

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

At 1:42 in that video (Dries Vanthoor test) AI loses the control, nice to see mistakes too

D.Jankovic likes this.
  17. f.gek

f.gek Hardcore Simmer

18. tow

tow Racer

Quote from what Kunos had answer on facebook
    "At E3, ACC was ran on Intel i7 8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080, 16GB RAM on 4K resolution monitors (This is not fully representative for our final requirements, suggested and minimal either!) The gameplay trailer was recorded without editing on an i7 4770k, Nvidia GTX1070, 8GB RAM @ 1080p, 60fps. Hope this helps [​IMG]"

grandepunto and trucidatio like this.
  19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Holy Cow.. it is my Pc... :) Thank you for this information .

tow likes this.
  20. These dive-bombing-kiddies :p

Typer likes this.