1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

2 things i dislike from the event, luckily not related to acc.
    All imho obviously.

1- the 32/9 monitors. Stunning at the beginning, but... buh, i'll never use that for my setup. I don't know but there's something that in the end don't get me satisfied. I've run the last 2 try with a traditional 16/9 monitor and finally i was feeling at home. Personal taste for sure.

2- the trustmaster stuff. I don't want start a marketing war, i only say that from the tm's top product i was expecting more and more.
    I'm coming back at home dreaming for acc but happy to have my csw (v1...) into my rig.

trucidatio likes this.
  2. Not to mention the pedal board ..... really bad

GRFOCO likes this.
  3. Thank you very much Guys for your feedback !

Maybe we will have Kunos team feedback on this event to.

I am now waiting for the early acces......

One thing surprised me today, I looked the Blancpain Misano race on tv (1 hour race) and saw very poor quantity of spectators around the track ; any idea why ?

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Perhaps the crap weather of first day scared people off.

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

here in italy there's only F1 (ferrari), Motogp (valentino rossi) and football.
    The rest just don't exist.
    Sad but true

ZioYuri78, LChaves, 6S.Manu and 2 others like this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Attendance for motorsports events in general and endurance races in particular isn't that great, with exception of major races like Le Mans. Plenty of races where you see barely any spectators on broadcast.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

F1 events draw huge crowds, not sure what motor sports events you're talking about.

8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

you forgot Belen..

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

:D
    Yes, pus...... Ehm... girls are another kind of interest, not relared to sports.

10. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

It has given me the sensation that it is wet, it is very permissive, I see that you can accelerate a full in the exits of the corners, it also seems that braking is very aggressive.

On real boards onboard I see that the braking distances are much higher than dry, in ACC I have the feeling that it is not like that. I can not believe that you can accelerate to full in curve. (On the internet, no real videos were found where you can see a virtual one)

I am a person who is very afraid to drive on wet at high speeds, I think it is very easy to lose control of the vehicle or protect wheels. One of the ACC videos surprised me how well he braked on the Monza straight in the wet, he gave me unreality.

Did you use traction control to drive?

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

12. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

no new ACC footage today

13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

This is what give me the ****s about ...... What does that even mean?

Here is some data to justify my point, where's yours?

On average last year attendance was 203,570 per event, that's over 4,000,000 across the season.
    Australia 2018 had the highest attendance this year across the weekend, sorry I can't find the data but they said during the race what the attendance was and said it was a record.

The 2018 F1 race at Hockenhein is ALREADY SOLD OUT

The difference between 2016 and 2017 crowds was 8.77% increase across the two years. Who wouldn't be happy with that sort of growth?

Here is date from last year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I hope EA comes soon as alot of people on edge around here lol

trucidatio and LeDude83 like this.
  15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

default setting of abs and tc was very different from the dry demo to the wet demo.

Tc almost to max on wet, the electronic heavy cut the power and the car slowly go on. But even on this situation you must work with wheel.
    Braking zones are so different, maybe an external video make the wrong idea of the things, but if there's a word that rapresent driving on wet on acc it's "challenge".

For my experience, once you have gained enough control, the "flow" is what make the difference between run and errors.
    But the limit between this situations is very very small. Overdrive is a huge temptation also beacuse the relative slow speed.

Just put the wheels a little bit off the line and troubles comes almost instantly, put a little more speed into a corner entry and the things becomes very very tricky, brake just a little bit in the wrong place (without know what/where is wrong) and say hello to the track.

If you think that rain is way too permissive it's just because you have seen videos with pro drivers or trained simracer that was running the demo for the 4th time or even more like me.
    I've close a slow clean lap without mistakes and cuts only at the 3rd demo run, it means about at my 10th lap under the rain.
    And ok, i'm not an alien, but i run in sims from 2002 gtr1. Almost the same for the other sim racer guys, most of them in trouble just to close a clean lap.

EDIT:
    Anyway, i won't convince anyone about how acc is great or things like that.
    I've reported my 2 days experience, acc will arrive soon or later. Only then you can believe and judge the new kunos work. :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  16. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I'm glad to hear this, I'm calmer now.

I'm anxious to try it.

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Thats pretty much my machine, my card is even better (TI, OC). I should be safe, but still I ask - specs for VR...?

In the video on last page, I noticed significant lag between virtual and hardware wheel. I assume that is because of lacking optimization, alpha stage and all that...?!

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Don't get too excited yet, those were not true 4K monitors, just half 4K resolution
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...the-month-we-see-it.49816/page-17#post-976818

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, I think "..." was definitely warranted reading that comment. As counterargument to "Attendance for motorsports events in general and endurance races in particular isn't that great, with exception of major races like Le Mans." you bring up F1, totally missing the point. F1 isn't the only racing series and most series - the majority of motorsport- aren't anywhere close to those numbers, which aren't that great to begin with considering the size of venues, amount of support programmes and money involved compared to major events in other sports or other activities. PS: Take your aggressiveness elsewhere.

chksix and elchshooter like this.
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

My monitor is 1980x1050, but I do not drive AC on screen when I can drive it in VR - why should I? I do not need this 4K monitor stuff, not now and not in the coming years (if ever, I am not the youngest anymore...), and I also do not have the room for these supersized big things or home cockpits. I only care for ACC and how to run it in VR. And I think it would not be clever if at release they do not even support new hardware that is less than one year old (i7 8700K), or the fastest graphics board around (1080TI-OC). If that is not enough to run ACC in VR, then they marketed and designed and developed it wrong, I would say. I cannot imagine they did.

If VR does not work reasonably well in ACC, I would pass on ACC. VR is more important to me than night and rain and Blancpain.

Micii1 likes this.