1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[AC] Hack that turns off tyre wear?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Specht77, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

Every sunday I race on a league called "Racelan", at the moment we are in a GT3 championship, the races have 100% tyre wear and the length is 70 minutes + 1 lap.

17 of june we had a race @ Monza, the results you can see here: https://simresults.net/180618-5ug

One thing I noticed, is that the winner of the race didn't change his tyres, you can see by the lap time where each player went to pits, all drivers that changed tyres did a lap around 2:27 while pitting, the leader however did the lap in 2:16, later in the forum he confirmed that he didn't changed the tyres, so there's no doubt about it here

But what's strange, is that while practicing for this race, I did some long stints to test the tyre wear, and my wear according to the original tyre app from AC was:
    Lap 12 = RL Yellow
    Lap 13 = FL Yellow
    Lap 19 = All Yellow
    Lap 22 = RL Red

Ok, I was using a Z4 and the winner with Audi R8_lms, but talking to other driver with R8_lms, his tyres were even worse than mine...

So, basically this guy did 40 laps with Soft tyres, when they were supposed to be Red with wear at the middle of the race, and not only that, but he did 1:48.7 @ lap 39 with the same Soft Tyres, while the other racers were doing ~1:49 with 19 laps of wear

Yesterday we had another race, this time @ Imola, the reseults you can see here: https://simresults.net/180625-Y5N

Once again, the winner was around 1 second faster per lap than everyone, at least this time he seems to have changed his tyres (according to his pit duration)

My wear this time was:

Lap 13: RR Yellow
    Lap 14: FR Yellow
    Lap 15: RL Yellow
    Lap 17: All Yellow
    Changed tyres @ lap 21, but probably they would start going red at lap 22 again

Once more, while everyone was getting red wear around lap 23, he was still going strong.

His best lap on the race was 1:43.2, while no other driver managed to do a lap below 1:44

Another audi driver, tried the same strategy he did on the last race by not changing the tyres, and was doing 1:47 by the end of the race...

Has anyone seen something like this? Is it really possible to do 18 of the 20 best laps of the race, and still manage to make soft tyres last for 1 hour and 12 minutes?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC][DTM] ACRL 90's DTM Season Jul 25, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC]2021 Virtual Sport Prototype Challenge Aug 13, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC][GT4] ACRL Porkke Cuppa Season - Cayman Cup May 15, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC] Drivingitalia Audi TT Endurance Cup from January 2020 Dec 27, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC] Drivingitalia Formula 3 RSR Championship from January 2020 Dec 27, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC]Virtual Historic F.3 European Trophy. Nov 23, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room [MnL] [AC] Bleu France Trophy Apr 20, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room [MnL] [AC] Mini 7 Racing Trophy. Mar 28, 2016
    ACC Physics Hacker/Cheater in CP server Aug 18, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Speed Hacker Spotted Disappointed Nov 9, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Hacker Teleporting and Wrecking Nov 6, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Hacker alert, recorded for proof! Never seen this before! Jun 26, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Hacking the EntryList to permanently ban drivers from multiplayer servers Aug 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Someone is using speed hacking? Jan 30, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Someone is using speed hacking? Jan 29, 2021

3. He's a better driver than the rest of the league, it's simple!

4. I don't know how someone manages to go so long on soft tyres and still do great lap times. Is there anything setup-related that can be done to make that achievement possible?

I have tried adjusting camber, using very restrictive TC (as low as 2/10 or even 1/10 sometimes), setup slightly understeery, and I can't make the tyres (especially rears) last as long without losing too much speed. I can only manage HALF distance, it's like if the guy gets brand new tyres without changing them in the pit stop.

5. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

Found another results from another championship

This time it was Maserati mc12 GT1 @ Road America

Once again, a race with 35 laps, none of the drivers was able to do a lap below 2:05 on the last 5 laps, and he managed to do 2:03.1 on lap 33

6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yup, the guy is just faster than the rest.
    I can go 1:43 on Imola in gt3 as well, and soft tyres are fine down to 20-30 procent, maybe loosing half a second on highspeed tracks. Yellow tyres is no problem.

7. chakko

chakko Alien

Well, what Specht77 says is that the guy drove a whole 1 hour race on soft tyres, and did competetive laps even at the end. I don't understand that as well (i did a 1 hour GT3 race recently, and forgot to change tyres at the pitstop, and the tyres were ridiculously worn at the end;the server had 100% tyre wear as well). But, maybe just ask him?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  8. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

He didn't drove 1 hour, he drove 1 hour and 13 minutes, and after 70 minutes with the same soft tyres, he was doing laps faster than people with softs for 30 minutes.

I did asked him, his answer was:

"As curvas de 2 e 1 ligava o TC as de 3 pra cima desligava e o freio nas freadas fortes passava pra frente e nas que tinha que só dar um toque passava para trás"

Translating to english:
    "Turns that used 1st and 2nd gear I turned TC on, turns from 3rd gear and above I turned TC off, on hard braking turns I threw the balance to the front, and the turns that only tapped the brakes, used the balance more to the rear"

9. chakko

chakko Alien

Is he usually that fast as well, or is he new to the league, and never did a race in it?

10. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

He is not new to the league, but also wasn't anything special, 2017 we had a GT3 championship, with 15~30 drivers each race, his positions were:

4 - 5 - 3 - 9 - 8 - 4 - 17 - 23 - 5 - 4 - 2 - 8

11. chakko

chakko Alien

Ok, that seems a bit odd then.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

He could have just practiced a heap, moving brake balance per corner is annoying enough, adjusting traction control as well is getting prety out there.

13. Specht77

Specht77 Racer

But would practice defy physics and make his tyres last more than double compared to all other drivers?

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Running a lot of traction control will make the tyres last a fair amount longer (unsure how much longer) at the cost of outright speed. If he has learnt how to balance that then it’s not impossible

15. chakko

chakko Alien

Can you map buttons to activate a certain TC or brake balance setting? I would imagine switching through all the TC settings is quite a hassle inbetween the corners... never heard that someone did that. Adjtsing brake balance a couple of percent up or down, OK, but, never heard that someone changes the TC per corner. Frankly, i don't see a point in doing that either.

Specht77 likes this.