1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

VR Support - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Derek Speare, Jun 10, 2018.

1. mms

mms Alien

Not sure which part you refer to, but this was on the first page of this thread:

Typer and stefanoCasillo like this.
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I have tried it and don’t like it, I’m sure it’s a useful thing for some people but was the opposite of a huge improvement for me

Thomas Gocke, mms and tev like this.
  3. Stains

Stains Simracer

There has been NO confirmation of this !

rycil and Rosko like this.
  4. rycil

rycil Simracer

From the video, it is also my feeling that realistic head movement is not yet implemented. Realistic means that there's a delay between the movement of the car and the movement of the head (view). The driver is still with a wood neck.
    But I am pretty sure that it is on @Minolin to-do list.

Cyril.

5. UE4 has native support; even if Kunos doesn't do a thing it should work at least as good as it does with AC. For the privileged 1% you guys sure do like to make yourselves miserable worrying about things that are months away.
    At least you guys aren't alone, looking through the different ACC threads it seems the only thing the community knows how to do is worry/cry about things that aren't even at the 'what if' stage yet.

jim jones, Turk and Andrew_WOT like this.
  6. Stains

Stains Simracer

I wouldn't call myself privileged ! Unless your talking about family , well then im privileged and blessed ! And i ain't too worried , there will be other Sims coming that will have VR ;) I can wait .
    The only thing that makes me miserable is worrying about what im going to spend all my money on ;)

7. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

So, if Thrustmaster T300 support was still unconfirmed, you wouldn't have any questions or concerns?

Pulley, mms, Typer and 1 other person like this.
  8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What ever happened to common sense? I miss common sense... you have AC with a very good implementation of VR and a team who were early adoptors of the tech in their sim. Now that same team is making the next gen sim using an engine that has VR support baked in and people are freaking out because it’s not “officially confirmed”

I really miss common sense...

9. Typer

Typer Simracer

I think the core of the concern is that reading between the lines of what the devs have said on the forums, it doesn’t seem (to me at least) like VR is currently a core part of their QA process. If Kunos were actively using VR in their day-to-day development process I would expect to see more confident statements about its chance for support at initial EA. That of course doesn’t mean that they don’t already have plans to invest time in working on VR support before EA.

10. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

You're embarrassing yourself with your 1% rhetoric, seriously!

Full_Ninja and Stains like this.
  11. Has t300 support been confirmed? Maybe I should do like you guys and start crying about it in multiple threads/forums.

12. mms

mms Alien

Hopefully they will not include it right away in EA, so you'll be forced to play with the keyboard for a while, it would certainly help you understand what does it mean for us to play without VR :D

13. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

I think i interpreted it more of a performance issue, I imagine it will work in vr on ea release but will not be officially supported till they get an idea how well it works on different machines. That's my best guess.

luxxx797 and Typer like this.
  14. Bty

Bty Rookie

I have tried the one from Dell, but it should be the same for the HP, as they use the same display (Samsung doesn't sell in EU the top one), compared to Oculus DK2 and Vive (I haven't tried Oculus CV1) it's much better, since you can see much better in the distance due to the higher resolution.

And yes, the Windows headsets are not perfect, tracking is inferior (luckily is not important for sim racing), ergonomic are inferior and it's harder to get the right spot on the display, but the increased resolution is IMHO the most important aspect.

15. Bty

Bty Rookie

In EU (US has even better prices) the Windows headsets are at 300-350 EUR (they are often on sale), this puts them in the same price range as a good wheel (T300) and something every simracer should consider as the next upgrade. Of course next gen will always be much better, so waiting is always an option. :)
    And yes, it's a PITA to make them work, but us simracers are used to this. :p

16. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Don't know about all that, but I know when someone dodges a question.

17. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Gamer

VR is a must it's 2018! no VR no buy!

Bty, ohjeah, turniton and 7 others like this.
  18. Icky427

Icky427 Racer

interesting. which setting do you use then? lock to car or horizon?

19. This^

And I'm not saying this "just because UE supports VR". I genuinely cannot ever play a racing sim without VR anymore. I've tried many many times without VR and I hate it.

coret3x, SnakeEyes and motowntom like this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

None of them, just run naturally, all the g force effects are set to 0 in AC. I probably run 10 or so hours a week so just got use to it and now it feels as natural as being in my real car