1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nordschleife: is it at all possible? - Spoiler alert: no

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I don't know if this was already answered somewhere else, but since Kunos already has access to the scan, can we dream about someday having the Nordschleife as a DLC?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports Nordschleife impossible. The test session never ends Oct 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room GTR Nismo Nordschleife time (im)possible in AC? Apr 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Is it possible to practice with ai on nordschleife tourist? Apr 20, 2015
    Bug reports Nordschleife turist delta problem Wednesday at 9:39 PM
    ACC Screenshots & Videos First lap at the Nordschleife GoPro POV Apr 12, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    Screens & Videos First Laps Nordschleife DLC | Virtual Reality | BigScreen Beyond Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Ratings @ Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Track Rating does not reset properly on Nordschleife Apr 2, 2024
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Nordschleife Critial Error Apr 1, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC 1.10.0 crash Nurb Nordschleife Apr 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nordschleife Mar 14, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nordschleife is coming! Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Apr 14, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Mar 25, 2022

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Everything is possible. But it's not very likely, no least because the track doesn't feature in any SRO series and Gran Turismo sponsors the N24 for example (so not likely to feature in ACC in future) - a Nordschleife DLC would definitely be a good seller but also takes a ton of time to make, even with the AC implementation as basis, and the circuit changed since Kunos acquired the laserscan data for AC. But if Kunos decided to tackle it in future I wouldn't say no.

4. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

lol OP I was just thinking this ^^^ while running the 488gt3 at tourist and saying "boy I'd love to be at the ring in ACC someday" :D but nope:(

hristo1026 likes this.
  5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Well, GT sponsors a race, not the circuit itself. Everything about ACC takes a ton of time to make. They have to scan and reproduce several cars and circuits that they won't even be able to charge for as DLC. And I wouldn't mind them using the same scan from AC.
    Not saying it will happen, I honestly don't expect it to, but none of the reasons you cited are dealbreakers IMO.

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yes, you can dream. No one knows what will be in the future. I chose to believe that we will see it at some point, I chose not to think when that point may be.

Loeki likes this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

Like someone alleady mentioned the VLN/24h races are not part of the SRO, so I wouldn't expect it in a SRO related game, maybe nothing outside of the Blancpain brand is likely in a game focusing on it.
    Anyway, if the conditions of the race aren't anywhere near the real ones (lets say at least a grid of 80 cars, with most of the classes/cars, pitsharing and AI capable of overlapping several slower classes - which is probably science fiction) its not that great - the track itself aside - anyway, imo.
    But especially if you look at the night-, tireflex- etc-mods I would be surprised if ACC will get several car- and track mods, like in PCars2 where modding is not supported.

Bathurst 12h or the other endurance races like the 24h on Paul Ricard would be nice, no idea who is responsible for those. Multiclass would be nice, also bigger grids to fill the gaps in the field that often accour in endurance races.
    Anyway, don't know what the SRO offers, but I hope for more (classes,tracks, features).
    Bathurst and the NS are high on my wishlist, but I expect either support races for the Blancpain GT series or the asian and north american series. More - good - tracks and classes like GT4 or 911 Cup would really make the game more worthwile - and make it interesting for those not excited about GT3's.

Edit: Just saw that the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour and Suzuka 10 Hours are part of the SRO's international gt challenge.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Loeki likes this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

The green hell would be guaranteed sales, I'm sure they'll find a way of having it as a dlc at some point.

NemethR, marcos1988 and Loeki like this.
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

SRO organise the Curbstone events, posh tracks days for people with loads of cash. You can drive your own car or they can arrange for you to drive pretty much anything including race cars. They also offer driver training for people wanting to enter Blancpain events.

One of the circuits they use is the Nordschleife...

http://www.curbstone.net/en/events/

A$APTitan, Loeki and Vibe Style like this.
  10. Opel-King

Opel-King Racer

My dream for Simracing:

Night, Rain and Nordschleife in a realistic simulation

What we have:

AC: No night, no rain with Nordschleife in realistic simulation
    ACC: Night and rain without Nordschleife in a realistic simulation
    PC2: Night an rain with Nordschleife in a … mhhh … simcade-game ;)

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Have you seen the night mod? Gives you two out of three...

12. Vibe Style

Vibe Style Racer

Good story for beginning of career mode in ACC. ;)

warth0g and Mogster like this.
  13. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

There are headlight mod, wet tracks mod, including Nord, and GBWSuite for simulating water spray. Wet mod even makes track slippery.
    Funny like all these extreme conditions are opposed to what real drivers want when they race, and in sim when we have a choice we pick the worst combination.
    To be honest, novelty of night and rain starts wearing off already, I see why Kunos didn't include them in AC.

ttabone62 and Fat-Alfie like this.
  14. Psit

Psit Alien

I am pretty damn sure we will get Nords imported to ACC by some modder but don't tell anyone.

Lawndart, Deatroy and Andrew_WOT like this.
  15. magzire

magzire Alien

Hopefully some genius can port it in, I can't see them spending another year on one unofficial track

16. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yeahh... no. That would be illegal and would get you banned from pretty much anywhere you'd post it.

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

What’s wrong with using AC for Nords and all the other stuff you like? It’s not like you are getting ACC and having AC taken away. I think the two will coexist for a long time with the community developing AC with mods and Kunos working on ACC. The way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised to see full day/night cycles modded in to AC at some point.

18. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

[​IMG]

MrDoku, TDS, After_Midnight and 10 others like this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Yes it would be doable, but you'd have to go to sketchy websites to get the mod and no respectable racing league would use it anyway.

It is wrong to rip a Codemasters F1 track and put it into AC, why wouldn't it be wrong to rip an AC track into ACC? Especially since you'd make it available to a lot of people that doesn't necessarily own AC.

21. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Going back to the old physics will be difficult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.