1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cockpit hand animations

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Roundlay, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Roundlay

Roundlay Rookie

Seeing as the game is still in pre-alpha, I figured this'd be an okay time to make a polish/aesthetic/inconsequential feature request: fleshed out hand animations while in cockpit view. I.e., small shifts in hand position after/into corners or when not shifting gears, that kind of thing. Might be tricky to pull off, and I'm sure little things like this will always exist far down on the todo list, but they can really add to a game's perceived polish and realism.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge remove hands and wheel in cockpit view Nov 1, 2017
    Console Lounge Changing seat position in cockpit won't save May 30, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars road reflection artefact/flash when wipers move with rain at cockpit cam Mar 24, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Cockpit lighting missing Mar 3, 2022
    ACC User Interface Cockpit distance value change with d-pad when on pause menu [misconfig] Feb 10, 2022
    ACC Audio Cockpit sounds off balanced Oct 4, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Real life cockpit videos Feb 9, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Is Depth of Field working in cockpit view? Jan 15, 2021
    ACC User Interface Cockpit view settings Jan 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Keyboard functionality or cockpit adjustment Dec 23, 2020
    Chit Chat Room GT Omega TITAN Cockpit Dec 17, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Car‘s interior/cockpit way too dark - all of a sudden Dec 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Which cockpit view is correct (FOV)? Nov 11, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Still no rain visible from cockpit and aux. lights still not working Oct 22, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Can't see the steering wheel on cockpit camera Aug 4, 2020

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I was thinking about that too when watching the pre-driving scene where the car has the driver door open. Looks odd that the driver is holding the wheel instead of resting his hands in his lap or adjusting the helmet etc...

Roundlay likes this.
  4. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i just hope the broken wrist syndrome is fixed

was super weird in VR to see your wrists go at right angles

Seven Smiles likes this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

I usually have driver turned off so the hand animations are kind of irrelevant to me. I do wonder, when it comes to people using VR will they show the head movements in game? It's probably not as advantageous with GT cars as it would be with older open wheeler but it would be cool.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  6. RamjetX

RamjetX Rookie

If they want to take animations to the next level. Leap motion for VR hand tracking would be incredible and they already support the unreal 4 engine with API support.

1 : 1 hand tracking is what will take this from a good VR experience to an amazing and truely immersive VR experience.

It would feel like mixed reality but keep the cost down to a leap motion which are cheap.

RamjetX

7. RamjetX

RamjetX Rookie

8. It would work perfectly if your steering wheel is same diameter as the in game steering wheel, I doubt it will be the case.

9. RamjetX

RamjetX Rookie

True, however scaling and latch points that approximate the wheel hand position within a Radius of the real wheel can pin your hands to the virtual wheel. Deviate from the wheel holding dead zone so to speak can allow the hands to unlatch and free move. There's lots of techniques for making sure hands are sticky to certain objects.