1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Pit Animation: Real-Time or Scripted?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Speed RacerX, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

I was pondering this question and wanted to know what does everyone think about it?
    Real-Time Pit Animation would be more like what AC does now. There is no cut scene.

However, with a Scripted Pit Animation the scene would cut to the pit crew once you are in the pit area where you are at the posted speed limit. The scene would be a higher resolution with a post processed animation of the car pulling into the pit area being attended to by the pit crew but with a bit more cinematic atmosphere to it. For example: how GT Sport does it.

My thought is that when you pit you always expect a certain consistent time frame. Both would always be within that time frame.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    trucidatio likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Remove :Stop marker pitstop animation Dec 22, 2020
    ACC General Discussions What's with the pit crew animation Sep 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation? Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Safety car and full course yellow, animation pitstops Jun 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Bug or not implemented "Pit crew animations" Jun 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Pit stop animations missing in 0.6.X build Mar 18, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Pit stop animations Dec 19, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Replay of pit stop, BMW sinks in tarmac, wrong wheels animation Nov 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Cockpit hand animations Jul 7, 2018
    Bug reports Pit stop animation not working May 17, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds [oculus] pitstop tyre change animation not rendered Dec 21, 2016
    General modding discussion Empty changes needed for correct pit stop animation? May 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Pit Stop Animation Patch 1.5 Mar 12, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues No tires in pit stop animation Oct 20, 2015
    Suggestions Why not going all the way with the new "into the cockpit animation"? Sep 21, 2015

3. That my friend is a fantastic question !!!

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Scripted as you put it I assume would mean auto pit. Id much prefer a full manual put including manual limiter and speeding penalties.

I would also prefer just to stay in car but see my crew and any other crews servicing all cars around from the normal driving position. This with an option to switch the view to external during a stop or even via a button press for thise that want this.

The fully scripted method doesnt interest me much if it would mean you just drive to the pit entry line and from pit exit. Non scripted but rendered in realtime would be better, plus have replays show full pit stops from all cars.

5. Rudski

Rudski Alien

What are the blancpain rules? You can have a 35 second pit or if you miss it you must wait 90 seconds.?

If you it goes by the above definition of realtime by Martcerv, that would mean people are going to be sitting for 90 seconds in some cases. I'm not sure the philosophy for game design but 90 seconds doesn't seem appealing to the general public. Sure hardcore simmers want it but I'm not sure.

Now that I think about it I don't wanna sit in the pits for that long if i'm only playing for a short period.
    Another way I guess might be if you're doing the whole 24 hours without any time speed up force the proper pit but if you're using some sort of faster clock then no.

Answer: Both.

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The pit stop time limit isn't really relevant to the OP's idea but I would think there will be an option to use full rules and disable some such as minimum pit stop time. Adding lots of fuel and changing tyres will take some time anyway and I am sure you could set races with no stops or min stop limits. It would also be good if we could enforce rules like not allowing fuel, no tyre changes or even not being able to fill up while changing tyres along with whatever the actual Blancpain rules are.

After_Midnight likes this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Would be cool if you can do everything manualy till the pit stop when you stop in the area it gives you rendered cutscene of pit crew changing tires and wiping windscreen and fuel. Etc.

8. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

Insightful conversation about this. From a pure sim aspect you want penalties if you exceed pit speed limits and other rules as optional for your race.
    For quick races the animation is an option as long as it doesn't hinder you from pitting options, etc.

Here is a video showing you what an animated pit stop would look like as a reference.

9. I would love to go with full manual pitstop and stay inside of the car (exception driver swaps). I don't like the arcade-ish camera change to the outside.
    An option to choose between the views like in AC would be the best in my opinion.

Greets After_Midnight

Ernie, jaxx_za and LeDude83 like this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

iRacing have great pit stop animations for nascar races.

That's how I want it to look and with a VR headset I don't want to jump to some external view during teh pit stop. Rag doll physics for the pit crew if you run into them would be appreciated but I won't be disappointed if it's not there.

Jose Gois, Ernie, plabersins and 7 others like this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

:eek: Wow... I think we have winer... I love it and i love how if you park it wrong they actually take time to adjust witch would be cool for the pit stop in Blancpain and pfc end of the video where they actually get out of the way ... if we get these type of the pits would be amazing.

Ernie and plabersins like this.
  12. Speed RacerX

Speed RacerX Gamer

@Turk
    That's actually pretty good animation overall and give you the best of both worlds in the pits.
    The only thing I would add is the other pit crews to make the pits look a bit lively.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Defenitly the winner here, looks awesome. Does need more life in the pit lane though, too empty for a race, looks more like a private team test day

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

left rear corner destroyed that mechanic, hope he's ok:p

Turk, D.Jankovic and After_Midnight like this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

I've never played iRacing so for all I know there are pit crew at every stop waiting for their driver

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

That's the one to beat.. awesome

Don't think taking the POV away from car would be very immersive for people who use VR

17. It was eight years from the time iracing announced they were working on visible pit crews until they were released; hoping for Kunos to do the same in less than two might be a bit unrealistic.

18. Impossible is nothing ;)

19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

So the latest trailer you can see at one point driver looking at the lambo..and there is pit crew doing tires and photographers around car so that could be pit stop also or just set up to make it populated so we have to wait and see :D

20. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I’d assume it’s going to be very similar to how AC does it now. You can choose in car or overhead view. But if they do more mocap as they claim, I really hope they fix the “broken” wrists of the driver animations :eek:

21. martcerv

martcerv Alien

One advantage Kunos has with ACC is its only a single class of car atm. There may be a slight adjustment needed per car but nothing major and all using the same number of crew and type of pit stop.

ACC already has little touches like animated driver hands for dials and switches on the wheel. I think they likey have got pit animations started already too.